• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Famous Tao Kwa Pau today last day!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya that's the original place but I liked the old lady's wantan mee better.

are u refering to soya sauce chicken wantan mee?
this is a family business. many years ago, one of their family members also sell WANTAn mee at the old shop near china town.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
are u refering to soya sauce chicken wantan mee?
this is a family business. many years ago, one of their family members also sell WANTAn mee at the old shop near china town.

No, the tau kwa seller's stall fronted East Coast Road whereas the wantan mee lady's stall was along the side road i.e. Joo Chiat Rd. Her soup was really nice and the wantan skin super smooth. She sold just wantan and char siew the way I remember it.

KopiMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
cook.jpg

tao kwa made in dirty kitchen. yucks!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please support Seng Seng Tau Kwa Pau.
this is because the shop owner is local sinkie and he hires only sinkie.
actually this owner is taking care of his own workers who are both sinkies.
one of his helpers was actually a laksa seller. His laksa was not bad but he had no business and ended up he worked for Seng Seng. so you can see how seng seng is taking care of his workers who have been working many years for him.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for joining all the dots.

Back to your topic, you mean today this stall last day in Dunman Food Centre? Holy shit if it is! Today I found out where they went and today their last day in business, at least for now?

Think I didn't explain properly....

Original Sheng Cheng today last day at current location TK hostel. They moving to dunman food center sometime in March.

Fake copycat Mary's is currently at dunman.

History - both USED to be at current alibarbar location at different times. First Sheng Cheng then after they moved Mary's sprouted up and took their place.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Original Sheng Cheng today last day at current location TK hostel. They moving to dunman food center sometime in March.

History - both USED to be at current alibarbar location at different times. First Sheng Cheng then after they moved Mary's sprouted up and took their place.

Thanks again for clarifying.

Will definitely go support when they open in Dunman Food Centre in March. Been looking for them since they moved out of the now alibarbar.

Anyone knows status when they open as I not East-side person, kindly refresh the thread here.

KopiMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

your whatsapp crash?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the ingredients is pork lard and the seller fries it into crispy pork lard.
it is tasty but brothers, please dont eat them so often.

i go there may be twice a year.
eat their tau kwa pau, braised duck meat, fish balls and fried yam.
my children like them.
the new location is dunman food court.
that place is very notorious because it is short of parking space

When I was living in the Katong vicinity, every Sunday after church I would tah-pau to bring home from his father his tau-kwa-pau and braised duck for many years.

Then I moved out of Katong and after around 20 years someone told me that this famous tau-kwa-pau stall is located at Tanjong Katong Secondary School.

Upon arrival at the stall, I found that his stall was not very clean and I gave it a miss.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Strange, being a sinkie and food lover I've never eaten this

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only is this fuck shit edible, it is FAMOUS!!! My colleaque lives in Bt Batok will drive all the way to the east to eat this! I like good food, but I wouldn't go so far for any food. Convenience is important too!

Cheers!

Never eaten it in my life. Don't even know what it is. Sinkee food to me is mee siam mai hum.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like the durian puff opposite the coffee shop, along Joo Chiat road.
Last time Katong 112 was a row of shop houses, there was one
fruits shop, the towkay was my neighbour.