• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bak Kwa eaters be warned

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to one of my managers whose family is a big player in the bak-kwa business in S'pore, 90% of the bak-kwa sold in S'pore is imported ready-made from China and the other 10% is from Malaysia.

All you silly bak-kwa consumers, you may be eating rat-meat laced with red colouring and extremely high sugar content.

Rat Meat being sold as Fake Pork and Beef in China

rat.jpg

In an announcement intended to show that the government is serious about improving food safety, the Ministry of Public Security said that the police had caught a gang of traders in eastern China who bought rat, fox and mink flesh and sold it as pork and beef. But that and other cases of meat smuggling, faking and adulteration featured in Chinese newspapers and Web sites on Friday were unlikely to instill confidence in consumers already queasy over many reports about meat, fruit and vegetables laden with disease, toxins, banned dyes and preservatives.

Sixty-three people were arrested and accused of “hunting and buying rat and other meat products that had not undergone inspection,” which they doused in gelatin, red pigment and nitrates, and sold as pork and beef in Shanghai and adjacent Jiangsu Province for about $1.6 million, according to the ministry’s statement. The report, posted on the Internet, did not explain how exactly the traders acquired the rats and other creatures.

“How many rats does it take to put together a pig?” said one typically baffled and angry user of Sina Weibo, China’s Twitter-like microblog service that often acts as a forum for public venting. “Is it cheaper to raise rats than pigs?”

rat_b.jpg

The arrests were part of a nationwide operation since late January to “attack food safety crimes and defend the safety of the dining table,” the ministry said. The police arrested 904 people suspected of selling fake, diseased, toxic or adulterated meat, and broke up 1,721 illicit factories, workshops and shops. Yet the ministry acknowledged that diners still had reason to worry.

In food safety campaigns in past years, “some serious problems have been dealt with swiftly and vigorously, but for a variety of reasons, food safety crimes remain serious, and are displaying new circumstances and features,” an unnamed senior official said in the statement.

“For example, there is selling of meat injected with water and meat from animals dead from disease, as well as passing off relatively cheap types of meat as relatively expensive beef and pork.”

China’s prime minister since March, Li Keqiang, has said that improving food safety is a priority — one of the main grievances of citizens that he has said his government will tackle.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm expecting chinks to steal corpse from hospitals to make 人肉肉干 they disappoint me with 鼠肉干

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bullshit lah. How can be imported ready made? I wait for them and see it cooked on the grill in front of my eyes when I buy it. many other customers also lining up around store, everyone can see it being cooked. The bak kwa ingredient formula is damn complicated. Hongkies have been trying to duplicate it for years, and have not gotten it right.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit lah. How can be imported ready made? I wait for them and see it cooked on the grill in front of my eyes when I buy it. many other customers also lining up around store, everyone can see it being cooked. The bak kwa ingredient formula is damn complicated. Hongkies have been trying to duplicate it for years, and have not gotten it right.

You gong cheebye! Off course bak-kwa is imported uncooked!

It's no longer viable to prepare bak-kwa from ground pork locally when it can be imported ready-made from China so very cheaply.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Soikee is trying to explain that marinated meat are imported from China to Singapore.
Singapore bak gua sellers only hire ah neh to grill the bak gua.

so the marinated meat imported from china are not pork and they are rat meat

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

it is highly likely for crooks to buy the blanks from China etc....... marinate with their own secret recipe & BBQ
cost at blank stage is low and value add with marinate and grilling is much higher

Long Q becos the innocent dorks din know what is happening...............

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You gong cheebye! Off course bak-kwa is imported uncooked!

It's no longer viable to prepare bak-kwa from ground pork locally when it can be imported ready-made from China so very cheaply.

No, u stupid cunt, your first line in the thread clearly says that they are imported ready made. That is a big difference between ready made and uncooked. Ready made is I just walk in and buy it like that. If it still needs to be cooked, it obviously cannot be ready made. get it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Soikee is trying to explain that marinated meat are imported from China to Singapore.
Singapore bak gua sellers only hire ah neh to grill the bak gua.

so the marinated meat imported from china are not pork and they are rat meat

No, Soikee said its ready made. If its ready made, i can buy it right away. If other things still needed to be done to it in order for it to be sold, then its not ready made. Its not my problem if Soikee is fucking illiterate.