• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: suicide bomber strike Jakarta

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jihadist atttacking Jakarta Starbucks, 4 dead, market rock and roll, $$ gone!

reuters_-_jakarta_attacks_2_2.jpg

http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2016/01/14/islamic-state-definitely-behind-jakarta-attack-police-chief

Islamic State 'definitely' behind Jakarta attack: police chief

By Reuters January 14, 2016 / 19:13 WIB
Like us Follow us

Indonesian police battling ISIS-linked terrorists in Sarinah, Central Jakarta, earlier today. Photo: Reuters/Darren Whiteside
*Islamist militant group Islamic State is "definitely" behind the attack on Indonesia's capital, Jakarta's police chief said on Thursday.
"ISIS is behind this attack definitely," Tito Karnavian told reporters.
Karnavian said Indonesian Islamic State fighter Bahrun Naim, who is believed to be in Syria, was "planning this for awhile. He is behind this attack."

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jihadist atttacking Jakarta Starbucks, 4 dead, market rock and roll, $$ gone!

Aren't soldiers taught never to cluster-fuck? It looks like the Indon military and police forces have not been taught in the arts of war.

Yeah' and they should be hiding inside the car, not outside. Enemy can see them if outside since they can see the enemy.

They should learn from SG's poodles. Hide inside an ambulance. If you cannot see the enemy, means enemy cannot see you. This is call Strategy of the Ostrich. Even SunTze (Art of War) have not learn this strategy yet.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aren't soldiers taught never to cluster-fuck? It looks like the Indon military and police forces have not been taught in the arts of war.

You never saw their ranks is it?

That were at least equivalent to SG senior inspector of mata - 3 of them. Holding a discussion at frontline scene. Not like SAF scholar BGs holding meetings only in air-con meeting rooms.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yeah.. i am waiting for those 70% sinkies to be killed.. That is what they voted for...death!!!!

Did you and your family vote against PAP in GE 2015? No? Then you and your fucktard family deserves to be killed too!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Massive explosion, gunfire heard in Indonesian capital of Jakarta

Things are already happening SARS, crime, riots, illegal strikes, assaults, murder,...

A bombing would just be another incident & probably be targetted at a tourists hang out like the Orchard Road area.

Add 1 more terrorist attack to it does not look more :biggrin:
Sg is still the safest cuntry

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That were at least equivalent to SG senior inspector of mata - 3 of them. Holding a discussion at frontline scene. Not like SAF scholar BGs holding meetings only in air-con meeting rooms.

Is that why they wore berets to a combat zone instead of military grade helmets, and shared one rifle amongst 8 of them?

I hope the ISIS bushwhackers were scared.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The moment suicide bomber blew himself up in Jakarta caught in video!

ISIS strike at Indonesia now. Will pap and lhl sinkieland be next. Better stay away from crowds along Orchard Rd, Boat and Clark Quays, MBS and Marina Bay...... Safer at heartland kopitiams.
The deem safer place is even more danger. Remember last time plan was for yishun.
I abit worry if it happens in Sg, sbf server will crash due to traffic and I may be explode to pieces and not able to come sbf tcss. :biggrin:

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Massive explosion, gunfire heard in Indonesian capital of Jakarta

Things are already happening SARS, crime, riots, illegal strikes, assaults, murder,...

A bombing would just be another incident & probably be targetted at a tourists hang out like the Orchard Road area.

Good idea now to deploy all the jiak liao bee and porlumpar grass root leaders on 24hr rotating vigilant duty in Orchard road lah.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Commanders' jobs aren't to shoot mah. They make assessments of the ground situations on the spot and order deployments of forces mah. No combat protection gears because they rushed to combat zone in shortest notice, no so kiasu kiasi like SAF BGs.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
ISIS Love to SLAY ANG MOH!

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/a...ndonesia-tells-ottawa-canadian-dead-in-attack

Jakarta blasts: Indonesia tells Ottawa Canadian dead in attack
Published
1 hour ago

OTTAWA (AFP) - Ottawa said on Thursday (Jan 14) it was informed by Indonesian officials that a Canadian was killed in Jakarta when Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS)-linked suicide attackers struck the capital of the Muslim-majority country.

Canada's foreign affairs ministry "was informed by the Indonesian authorities that a Canadian citizen has been killed in these attacks," spokesman Nicolas Doire told AFP.

"Our consular officials in Jakarta are working with local authorities to verify the information, which is not yet confirmed."

Five extremists launched the assault that also left an Indonesian man dead and 19 other people injured, detonating explosives and shooting at people in a district packed with malls, embassies and United Nations offices.

Canada's foreign affairs minister, Stephane Dion, in a statement offered "thoughts and deepest sympathies" to those affected.

The ISIS group claimed responsibility for the attack, in a statement published online.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Breaking news: Jakarta Bomb Blast

Anybody hears from froggie?

Is Froggy ok?

Thank you fellas. When I heard this was about 1pm Singapore time in Changi Airport preparing to leave for home in Bangkok.

I was in Jakarta from last Tuesday to Saturday then came to Singapore. My Jakarta staff all ok. They send me many vids and photos and I've uploaded a vid and photo worth showing not seen on TV

This is a photo of one of the terrorists blown up by his own bomb as its too gruesome I give you my uploaded link instead of showing the photo here - http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/...3-1048-4AD9-9B4C-1F6C472C0BA3_zpsm9ma5zkw.jpg

Last edited:

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/attackers-set-off-bombs/2425526.html

Attackers set off bombs, open fire in Jakarta
Seven people, including five suspected IS-linked militants were killed in a deadly "Paris-style" attack in Jakarta on Thursday (Jan 14), stirring Southeast Asian governments' worst fears - that citizens returning from fighting alongside IS in the Middle East, could launch attacks at home.

By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia
Posted 14 Jan 2016 18:50 Updated 14 Jan 2016 23:50

VIDEOS
PHOTOS

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

Thumbnail

Email More

A A

JAKARTA: Multiple explosions and gunshots rang out just after 10.30am local time in the Indonesian capital on Thursday (Jan 14) along the busy Jalan Thamrin thoroughfare. After a five-hour operation involving armed security forces and reports of explosions and gunfire, Indonesian authorities declared that the attack was over and they had taken control of the situation.

The attacks left five attackers and two civilians, including a Westerner, dead and 19 others wounded.

Mr Manfred Stoifl, an Austrian national, based in Singapore is among those injured. The managing director of the Hearing Solution Company, told Channel NewsAsia he was in Jakarta for a business trip.

"STARBUCKS WAS BASICALLY GONE"

"I was in Starbucks. So I was actually sitting there," he said. "And there was suddenly a loud, big flash and a loud bang. By the time I was conscious again, I looked around and Starbucks was basically gone, and there was just a few people still there.

"And then I staggered out, towards the window. Then there was a second explosion somewhere. And I climbed out the window where some Indonesian passers-by, some normal people, helped me. And a car stopped - a car which was passing by - they stopped and they took us two of injured people, me and somebody else, to a nearest hospital.

"I've burns on my arms and my face. I actually have two screws in my arms. They gave me some painkillers, they dressed my wounds. It soothes the lacerations. I had two very, very big cuts."

ATTACKERS HAD "DESIRE TO GENERATE MASS CASUALTIES"

Dr Kumar Ramakrishna, the head of Policy Studies at the Sr Rajaratnam School of International Studies said the Sarinah Mall appeared to be the initial target. "A group of men, with backpacks apparently, they wanted to get into Sarinah mall, they couldn't so they were brought outside and they detonated outside a police station which was nearby the mall. But the point is that public spaces were the target which suggest an attempt, a desire to generate mass casualties."

A news agency allied to the Islamic State (IS) group has said that the group carried out the attacks.

"Islamic State fighters carried out an armed attack this morning targeting foreign nationals and the security forces charged with protecting them in the Indonesian capital," said the Aamaaq news agency on its Telegram channel.

Indonesian workers run as they are evacuated from their office at Thamrin business district in Jakarta Jan 14, 2016. (Photo: REUTERS/Beawiharta)

Indonesian President Joko Widodo visited the site with Jakarta Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama after the scene was secured.

"I extend my condolences to those killed in today's acts of terror. We will chase, we will catch and we will punish those involved, as well as the mastermind", he tweeted.

Indonesian Vice-President Jusuf Kalla has said that authorities are working to identify those behind the Jakarta blasts. "The country will not fall to such acts of terror."

National police spokesman Anton Charliyan told AFP that authorities had a "strong suspicion" an IS-linked group carried out the assault and that it was designed to replicate the November strike on Paris that claimed 130 lives.

Regional leaders have condemned the attacks.

Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that Singapore condemns the attacks. "We will give our full support to the Indonesian government to bring the perpetrators to justice," he wrote on Facebook. He also tweeted, “I am confident Indonesian govt will deal with situation decisively.”

Thailand and Malaysia have also expressed their support. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said he is "deeply shocked and saddened" by the attacks, while Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that Thailand is ready to support Indonesia "in any possible way".

Police and medics are seen near bodies at the scene of an explosion next to a police box in central Jakarta Jan 14, 2016. (Photo: REUTERS/Darren Whiteside)

The strike was launched just weeks after Indonesia issued a heightened alert and arrested several suspected militants, some of them from IS-linked cells. The blasts and gunfire also come after six years of relative calm, following a government crackdown that weakened the country's most dangerous homegrown Islamic networks.

A member of the police bomb squad unit approaches the scene of an explosion following an attack on a police box in central Jakarta, Jan 14, 2016. (Photo: REUTERS/M Agung Rajasa/Antara Foto)

The country has banned support for IS and its ideology, but experts worry that Indonesian laws are not adequate for tackling the new threat and that the region is failing to pull together.

"We should be paying attention to what is going on in the region. ISIS is not a phenomenon that is far away. It's in our backyard, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Southern Philippines. We need to be aware of the returning foreign fighter phenomenon," said Dr Ramakrishna.

"A few hundred Southeast Asians have gone to fight for ISIS. The question is, once they come back, what are they going to do? Are they going to come back disillusioned and go back to civilian life? Or are they going to come back imbibed with the extremist ideology of ISIS and motivated by such an ideology cause destruction and mayhem and try to bring ISIS vision of a Southeast Asian province to fruition?"

Dr Ramakrishna said there seemed to be a degree of coordination and "fair bit of sophistication in the attacks". "This is not a lone wolf attack. This is clearly planned, orchestrated. The degree to which ISIS was involved? That is the question."

- CNA/agencies/sc

jakarta-blasts-bomb-squad-data.jpg

ISIS must come Orchard Road and give LHL something spectacular like 911 right at his Istana! I will be so happy SHIOK!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ISIS must come Orchard Road and give LHL something spectacular like 911 right at his Istana! I will be so happy SHIOK!

I think we need an ISIS attacks so that our SAF will get real experience. Look, we have been spending $12-13 billion annually on defence. We don't know if SAF can really do the job. So, let's put them to the test. Also, send our commandos and special forces to fight ISIS lah.

A minister should be sent to lead the SAF team to defeat ISIS.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

These dumb f*** MATS aren't very bright (actually brainless, stupid and SUPER DAFT) to 'take cover' behind a car. A car door or even an engine block isn't really much PROTECTION against small arms fire.

They are NOT even wearing KEVLAR VEST/Helmet or similar grade body armour!!!!

An accurate grenade lob by the ISIS fighter would have taken out all those bunched up silly INDON high ranking IDIOTS hiding behind the car.

SMALL ARMS fire can even penetrate engine block of a car.
What can penetrate an Engine Block

https://youtu.be/FVhJI0aHXHI

Hiding behind CAR DOORS are 100% NO PROTECTION from getting KILLED!
AK47 Vs. AR15 - CAR DOOR PENETRATION

https://youtu.be/10hrP6MQ1MY

Last edited: