• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pree parking for cibil serpents, to pay or not to pay?

Pree parking or not?

• Dare shud bee pree parking!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pree parking are por pussies!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: WP Tries To Sow Discord Between PAP and Teachers! Teachers' Union Where?

Bayi has a point there.

Not only schools and MINDEF. In fact all Ministries and Stats Board staff (regardless of rank) must pay for parking. Parliament and Istana also must charge for parking.

These are taxpayers' money.

If any civil servants feels is expensive then they are free to take public transport.

Why shud there be the rich & yet privileged and the poor & victimised???

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is the pay grade of teachers under the civil service structure? I doubt it very high so other govt workers of the same grade are not entitled to free parking in their office block. It only fair teachers subject to the same benefits. Having say that, all military and home team personnel of similar pay grade should also pay for parking. In fact, all reservists should pay parking during reservist as they not even under civil service. :rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The teachers r on their own as most singkies wont bother as it does not affect them. N when i was in school most of my teachers take bus like the rest of the lesser mortals

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is the pay grade of teachers under the civil service structure? I doubt it very high so other govt workers of the same grade are not entitled to free parking in their office block. It only fair teachers subject to the same benefits. Having say that, all military and home team personnel of similar pay grade should also pay for parking. In fact, all reservists should pay parking during reservist as they not even under civil service. :rolleyes:

Correct, the reservist are volunteers, giving their time to SAF, they should pay for parking, lodging, food & training as well Like you say, they are not even civil servants...even they are, should contribute to National Service by paying.....sic!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Coming soon: Pay parking in schools

I am surprised teachers dont pay. I wonder if PMO staff based in the Istana pay for theirs in a prime district.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
MOE car parking shitstorm: tit for tat

Teachers,

You don't have to feel so upset over the impending parking fees. It's a good move to be transparent to the public. Since the ministry wants to ensure that it doesn't give unsubsidized parking to ensure transparency, it's good to let MOE know that you should also stop paying for stuff out of your own pocket to ensure 'transparency' too. Some example of fees that you have been paying out of your own pocket:

1. Classroom decoration items, charts, notice board materials(excluding manpower and labour fees):at least $100

2. Coming Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Deepavali decoration items: $100-$300

3. Resources for teaching:$300(conservative estimate)

4. Remedials/supplementary/enrichment classes:$50 per hour(market rate for MOE tutors).

5. Prizes/ gifts / McDonald's /Pizza Hut/ KFC treats to motivate students(varies from teacher)

6. Children's day gifts: $100-$200

7. OT pay for staying overnight at camps, Meet-the-parents sessions at night, meetings during school holidays, learning festivals on Saturdays and Sundays, organizing events for community/MP :$50 per hour

8. Premium fees for last minute instructions from MOE for example, calling parents from 10pm-12am on a Sunday night to inform them of school closure due to haze: $100 per hour.

More at Ex Teacher: Kudos to my ex-colleagues who are still believing in making a difference to the next generation.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MOE car parking shitstorm: tit for tat

Teachers,

You don't have to feel so upset over the impending parking fees. It's a good move to be transparent to the public. Since the ministry wants to ensure that it doesn't give unsubsidized parking to ensure transparency, it's good to let MOE know that you should also stop paying for stuff out of your own pocket to ensure 'transparency' too. Some example of fees that you have been paying out of your own pocket:

1. Classroom decoration items, charts, notice board materials(excluding manpower and labour fees):at least $100

2. Coming Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Deepavali decoration items: $100-$300

3. Resources for teaching:$300(conservative estimate)

4. Remedials/supplementary/enrichment classes:$50 per hour(market rate for MOE tutors).

5. Prizes/ gifts / McDonald's /Pizza Hut/ KFC treats to motivate students(varies from teacher)

6. Children's day gifts: $100-$200

7. OT pay for staying overnight at camps, Meet-the-parents sessions at night, meetings during school holidays, learning festivals on Saturdays and Sundays, organizing events for community/MP :$50 per hour

8. Premium fees for last minute instructions from MOE for example, calling parents from 10pm-12am on a Sunday night to inform them of school closure due to haze: $100 per hour.

More at Ex Teacher: Kudos to my ex-colleagues who are still believing in making a difference to the next generation.

most teachers are farking deadwood. I know of alot of teachers who own 2 or 3 cars and during school holidays park thier 2nd or 3 rd cars(which thier condos do not allow) in school car park when they go on long long holidays. alot of them are alos are arrogant and useless bums esp during the long year end school holidays. tell me which occupation still gets paid for 2 months of lazing around at year end and with zero responsibilty. if kids do badly they say it is the parents/kids fault and these bastards have no morals and are sex maniacs/pedophiles in disguise.
read the papers. for last 10 years you have the teachers and even principals taking advantage of their jobs to have illicit affairs with the students at least 5 to 6 every year. fark them all these pedophiles and sex maniacs

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MOE car parking shitstorm: tit for tat

newly minted Minister and parachute looser tries to punish disgruntled teacher who voted against PAP. true colors of ours insatiable greedy leaders...

dengue outbreak ,flooding,hdb shithole "imperfection", mrt constant breakdown....

now WP in court again...

overall,its $$$ claw back time for SG50,baby bonus expenditure.

Screenshot_2016_01_10_14_21_49.png

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

When I was Permanent Secretary to then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, he invited me for lunch twice a year, only the two of us. He was always a perfect gentleman. He once said, “Ngiam, we’re not having lunch today as Prime Minister and Permanent Secretary. We’re both intellectual equals. You can tell me what you think, and I’ll tell you what I think.” Those were very robust conversations.

One of these conversations involved the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) scheme. I had a big fight with him over this because the implementation of the COE scheme meant that we were taxing every man, woman and child in Singapore, from the day of his birth till the day of his death. As COE taxes transportation, nobody can avoid it. You can avoid eating good durians, but you cannot avoid using transportation. He saw that I was right, but he was a charmer. Looking at me, he asked, “Ngiam, are you the Permanent Secretary of the Budget and Revenue Divisions at MOF?” I said yes, to which he [LKY] replied, “What’s wrong with collecting more money?”

Lee Con You, the Hakka Jew, puts the Jewish race to shame for his money grubbing ways.