• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it easier to re-laminate your kitchen cabinet doors or change the doors ?

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't intend to change the entire cabinet. The carcass is still fine just that the color is completely off after 10 years.

Has anyone come across a contractor who does only re-lamination ? I tend to think that the lamination part is pretty straightforward; it's the tearing off the old lamination and having to sand the surface that with put many contractors off.

Anyone has had experience in this area ?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Try searching renotalk. I am thinking of doing that but have decided to tear down the whole damn thing and redo the kitchen.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't intend to change the entire cabinet. The carcass is still fine just that the color is completely off after 10 years.

Has anyone come across a contractor who does only re-lamination ? I tend to think that the lamination part is pretty straightforward; it's the tearing off the old lamination and having to sand the surface that with put many contractors off.

Anyone has had experience in this area ?

In NZ it would definitely be cheaper to change the doors because of high labor costs. Relamination is far more labor intensive.

In Indonesia it might be cheaper to relaminate.

In Sinkieland I have no idea. Get a quote and you'll find out which option is more cost effective.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm trying to cut out the middleman. Most renovation contractors are a jack of all trades. They are just middlemen and going through them will incur unnecessary costs.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just receiVed a quote of $600 for repLacement of 9 pcs of standard kitchen doors; coLors of my choice,excLuding handles.