• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why men in Singapore wear sandals everywhere they go?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion sandal is more comfortable and easy to use. So that everybody loves to wear sandal anywhere.

I do not disagree that sandals are comfortable and easy to use. However, there is a right time to wear those stuff.

If you want to wear long pants and collar shirt, wear a proper pair of shoes. Otherwise, stick to your berms and tshirt.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, so it's bad dress sense if I walk around in Singapore, but not Milan ?

Yes it is whether in Milan or Singapore.

I m sure it is just a handful of people in Milan that does that, whereas in Singapore, you get a whole load of Singaporean men wearing collared shirt, long pants and slippers or sandals.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not disagree that sandals are comfortable and easy to use. However, there is a right time to wear those stuff.

If you want to wear long pants and collar shirt, wear a proper pair of shoes. Otherwise, stick to your berms and tshirt.

The mindset of people who do what they like to do as long as they do not hurt any body is : Who cares what you think ? MYOB.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The mindset of people who do what they like to do as long as they do not hurt any body is : Who cares what you think ? MYOB.

sinkie guys don't have minds of their own. like sinkie gals, they're followers and copycats of the latest fashion rage in the west. the phenomenon of men wearing suits and dress shirts and long pants with sandals in the west has been around for some time since this "indian" summer (long spell of summer). sinkies are just catching up. it's winter now in the northern hemisphere, and men in europe and north america will have to go back to socks and shoes. but in sg, guys can wear sandals all year, and suits are a no-no obviously due to the heat and humidity. ang mo groom below is wearing his wedding suit but with sandals in a tropical island. yes, it's happening in hawaiian weddings.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like Trashion to me. Poor taste.

due to the long hot summer the past 6 months, i've been wearing my teva sports sandals to the office. it's one notch above sandals in terms of office "formality". anyway, in the valley these days, if a chap were to show up in the office with shirt and tie, he would be laughed off the door. techies are usually in t's, jeans and sandals during summer. executives and managers have to set the example with collared shirts and business casual pants, but shirts can be tucked out. i broke the unwritten rule by wearing my pair of teva.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is evidence of the power and the influence of the Burmese.

I'm proud to have chosen Burma as the country of my ancestors.

i plan to promote teva-like sandals to the burmese as there are various benefits and advantages:
1. it protects toes from hitting legs of furniture and roadside curbs.
2. it keeps m&d from splashing in the rear, unlike flip flops.
3. it can be used for jogging, cycling, and running.
4. it is just as breathable as flip flops without the need for socks.
5. it keeps the feet from bacteria and parasites that can otherwise sneak up on those wearing flip flops.

i've worn my pair of teva in all events and occasions in central america, hawaii, south east asia, india, africa, and even flew all my international flights in them. they work so well, and they barely wear out. i'm truly impressed with the new design and technology in such footwear. i will be wearing them during the black and white ball on new year's eve. :wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The men can wear whatever they want without the need for female bitches validation, agreement and justification.. Fuck you!! It is the men's choice.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
The men can wear whatever they want without the need for female bitches validation, agreement and justification.. Fuck you!! It is the men's choice.

By all means wear whatever. No one stopping you if you have zero fashion sense.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? I always observed that only the m&ds and Bangla people doing that.

You are wrong. Just go to any food centre and you see lots of men wearing collar shirt, pants and slippers or sandals. Chinese singaporeans included.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
due to the long hot summer the past 6 months, i've been wearing my teva sports sandals to the office. it's one notch above sandals in terms of office "formality". anyway, in the valley these days, if a chap were to show up in the office with shirt and tie, he would be laughed off the door. techies are usually in t's, jeans and sandals during summer. executives and managers have to set the example with collared shirts and business casual pants, but shirts can be tucked out. i broke the unwritten rule by wearing my pair of teva.

View attachment 24745

Teva is not meant to go with collar shirt and long pants. Period.