• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why men in Singapore wear sandals everywhere they go?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a terrible mistake, I am now in Europe where temperature is close to zero and I only have a pair of flip flop with me

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can't help but notice this when I am travelling on the mrt, in shopping centres and everywhere.

Don't they find it strange? They wear a peoper collar shirt and long pants. As you zoom down to their feet, it is a pair of sandals showing their ugly toes.

Why even bother to wear long pants or a collar shirt? If you want to wear sandals, just wear a tshirt and bermudas to make yourself even more comfy. No?

My conclusion is that Singaporean men have bad dress-sense. No difference from the mainland chinese and indian foreign workers who dress and wear sandals all the time.

Your thoughts?

I personally do not wear slippers or clogs. I think its really low class and ghetto of men who do that. I like to go around in my Sperry topsiders. Very comfortable, and no socks with that.

Last edited:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Milan's Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015

mfw-ss2015-ferregamo-630x472.jpg

mfw-ss2015-fendi-630x472.jpg

mfw-ss2015-prada-630x472.jpg

http://www.selectism.com/2014/06/25/milan-fashion-week-report-ss2015/

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat toking u?
This is oppa singapore style, u dunno la
Why are u wearing ur panty everywhere u go?:rolleyes:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fashion comes and goes.

Sandal is comfortable. Looks nice. In fact, it is refreshing to see it go with long sleeve shirt and pants.

By the same token , have you noticed that most Campus 's girls are wearing mini shorts these days ? Why need to wear this fashion to go to lectures ? The lecturers , by all means I say they are decent guys, can get distracted by all display of legs and curves.

My times, I never get to see this. Jeans was the fashion then.

But I am not complaining. It is eye opening. This should happen in my times.:p

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Digressing? The topic is about sandals, a subset of apparel, I was giving my views of why views of why people in Singapore dress "casually" to support why you see locals here donning slippers. How have I digressed? Perhaps you are unable to think laterally.

Cheers!

You are simply digressing.

Angeal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't help but notice this when I am travelling on the mrt, in shopping centres and everywhere.

Don't they find it strange? They wear a peoper collar shirt and long pants. As you zoom down to their feet, it is a pair of sandals showing their ugly toes.

Why even bother to wear long pants or a collar shirt? If you want to wear sandals, just wear a tshirt and bermudas to make yourself even more comfy. No?

My conclusion is that Singaporean men have bad dress-sense. No difference from the mainland chinese and indian foreign workers who dress and wear sandals all the time.

Your thoughts?

Flip flops are perfectly fine. You often see chao ang mos wear them. Why should we men give a fuck how women thinks of us? Unless the guy is out to impress and woo his target, just be yourselves and feel comfortable. A mirror is useful when judging others.

LulzSec

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your thoughts?

the men in question are usually bangladeshis

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Your thoughts?

Sounds like a foreigner. Most Singaporeans do not dress like that. Most will wear shorts/bermudas outright with sandals to most inappropriate places but never long pants with sandals

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i'm on vacation in the tropics i feel very comfortable yet decently clothed in long sleeved linen shirts with sleeves rolled up, bermuda shorts, and sandals. for casual events in the evenings the same type of shirts with long pants and teva sports sandals are in style these days during warm nights.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like a foreigner. Most Singaporeans do not dress like that. Most will wear shorts/bermudas outright with sandals to most inappropriate places but never long pants with sandals

the official attire of burmese men in yangon is long sleeved shirt with sarong and sandals.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
s no one gives a dam whether you think ah pek X is presentable or not.

That's not true I happen to care very much about Claire's opinions and I know many other men who share my sentiment.

Just speak for yourself. You certainly don't represent the rest of us.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not true I happen to care very much about Claire's opinions and I know many other men who share my sentiment.

Just speak for yourself. You certainly don't represent the rest of us.

Thankyou Mr Leong. :smile:

Only the wisest and stupidest of men never bother to change.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal