• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking a bts and mrt ride in Bangkok feel so first world, unlike Sinkapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The wonderful Bangkok mrt bring me to this place. The Bangkok mrt really male my day and live up my good. Unlike sinkie shit losers.

20151126_110223_HDR_zpscmnkbzpk.jpg

20151126_110331_HDR_zps7qk1fpzs.jpg

By the way, this wonderful restaurant is sinkie pollution free.. It makes the meal even more tasty because of this.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got back to the mrt train cabin and I was disgusted, disturb and turn off by hearing something..

It is the disgusting kampong sounding sinkie accent.. I turn around and saw a sinkie couple talking.. Oh my god.. It is just like standing besides a smelly rubbish bin..

Quickly, I walk to another cabin till I can't hear any of that disgusting sinkie accent..

Once I walked to the new cabin down to the end of the train, I do a scan of sinkie pollution immediately.. Fortunately it is clean and officially a sinkie free zone. There are Thais, farang and a few Japanese.. So it is all good.. I got back my Composure and happy mood to enjoy the disruption free ride of Bangkok mrt..

I am so right to stay away from sinkies.
I would not have such enjoyable ride if I am in that useless sinkie, problem infested sinkieland mrt.

Harrassing me again. What a low life. You said you voted in GE right? So your parents are Sinkies and you dont just stand next to but come from smelly rubbish bins yourself.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hear hear this is one overlooked aspect.....the quality of the commuters.
In Japan commuters out of courtesy dun even yak on the phones.
In Hk and Taiwan though crowded but everyone 'automatic' hustle when the walk.....you see the urgency in their strides. For those too slow they just go one side to let other pass. Unlike in Sg the more slow ones like to scamble in front.....
Until now most sinkies seldom keep left standing on escalators thus crowding out those in a hurry.
And sinkies dun queue and follow traffic flow instead walking leisurely all over the place.

Despite the years of social engineering, courtesy campaigns, Asian values education etc etc Singaporeans had actually turned out to be of very poor stock in terms of graciousness to one another. I wonder why what went wrong? Just see how the chop place with a bag of tissue paper I am still very not use to such low life method. Other countries would have graciously given the seat to the first person who's got his or her food. Why do sinkies drive faster to block a person who signaled to change lane I really wonder? This is low life and low stock.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the years of social engineering, courtesy campaigns, Asian values education etc etc Singaporeans had actually turned out to be of very poor stock in terms of graciousness to one another. I wonder why what went wrong? Just see how the chop place with a bag of tissue paper I am still very not use to such low life method. Other countries would have graciously given the seat to the first person who's got his or her food. Why do sinkies drive faster to block a person who signaled to change lane I really wonder? This is low life and low stock.

Is it? You should try driving in JB and see the same thing cars speeding up when you signaled to change lane. And cars driving in emergency lane of express way. Cars not keeping to lanes when driving etc. Driving in Spore is a piece of cake in comparison as most people follow rules.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it? You should try driving in JB and see the same thing cars speeding up when you signaled to change lane. And cars driving in emergency lane of express way. Cars not keeping to lanes when driving etc. Driving in Spore is a piece of cake in comparison as most people follow rules.

Why compare Singapore with M'sia? We are First World, must compare with other First World nations like Japan, HK, Korea, Europe, US.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why compare Singapore with M'sia? We are First World, must compare with other First World nations like Japan, HK, Korea, Europe, US.

I am only replying in reference to his conclusion of Sporeans being low life and low life stock due to speeding up when people signaled to change lane. I am telling him if that is low life, he hasn't seen many worse off driving habits yet. That's all.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am only replying in reference to his conclusion of Sporeans being low life and low life stock due to speeding up when people signaled to change lane. I am telling him if that is low life, he hasn't seen many worse off driving habits yet. That's all.

It's all relative. Our drivers are certainly more polite than the M'sians, but compared to people in other First World nations we're indeed low-life. And compared to the traffic in India Singapore is indeed heaven. (I've driven in Taiwan, Australia, Europe, US and Canada, so I can vouch for it.)

We're in the First League. So we should always benchmark ourselves against the best. Likewise no point talking about corrupt leaders in Africa and South Asia. Talk about why we need million-dollar salaries for politicians here when New Zealand, UK and Sweden all pay their prime ministers only $200k – $300k a year, and their corruption index is as good as, if not better than, ours

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless Singapore can reach Japanese standards in train management, you can expect more breakdowns with zero accountability from highly paid CEOs, LTA chiefs, etc.

In the SMRT we employ smart Alex they call for tender to replace MRT component, the cheapest tender will be awarded the business, ultimately PRC the cheapest won, off they supply look alike substance stuff that's why SMRT
always BREAKS down with out warning!!

Why HK being in operation longer than Sinkieland does not or never have break down its because Honkies believe in quality stuff, they get from the Original source, whereas SMRT get from the cheapest source!! We called it replica or
imitation stuff!! Look like original but its a copy!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spent about a month in Kuala Lumpur & I took the monorail, MRT train, bus & taxis on a daily basis.

I would rate the service in KL above Spore:o
In that one month time period the KL train services only broke down once. I think it was a power problem. I rate it higher than Spore because in KL there are alternatives like buses & taxis. Train fares are also cheaper in KL than it is in Spore. If you are paying more in Spore, one would expect a better level of service.

The Spore system is also very congested where we are packed like sardines. Getting around in KL might take longer but the trains & buses are not so packed.

The only grouse I have with the Train System in KL is the connectivity between lines, I noticed recently, they are slowly upgrading the train cabins, one rush hour morning....I had a brand new cabin on the Monorail. I am pleased that at least they have good planning as in KL SENTRAl....where the train lines meet & even they have reorganised the bus lines running on the outside. The other thing I like is the taxi service at KL Sentral, for years I find it most convenient. One arrive from the airport or from anywhere, you go to the taxi booking counter,state your destination, pay get a ticket & board any of the taxis in the queue outside, show the driver & give a copy of that receipt to the driver & you will get to your destination. They have the taxi booking at Time Square Shopping Centre & Menara KL CC too...KL Sentral one had been in service since the Sentral was opened. I have yet to see one in Singapore.

Ever since the LRT/Monorail started, I have not used the taxis much...it is so easy, from KL Sentral, one have choices of 2 LRT lines, 1 monorail, the KTM Intercity or out of KL line, the airport express from KLIA1 & KLIA2.

I have not encountered any breakdown in service, in the number of years & number of times I took the trains...only in the past, the self ticketing machine was so backwards...but recently, they have upgraded, & updated....

Pack like sardines during rush hours, weekends, holidays yes...but on certain time of the day...it is not so crowded. One thing, no annoying announcement, "mind the platform gaps", " if you see, any suspicious..." or?? " put your fingers to your lips & hold hands, two by two".... ha ha ha ha

I have travelled around KL quite a lot....their bus services had improved too...but if you do not mind, getting caught in traffic...you want free bus services around certain popular areas...take the free tourist bus....I took one & find it clean, pleasant & good..where can you find this in Singapore?? we have free shuttle buses..but....try it.:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the SMRT we employ smart Alex they call for tender to replace MRT component, the cheapest tender will be awarded the business, ultimately PRC the cheapest won, off they supply look alike substance stuff that's why SMRT
always BREAKS down with out warning!!

Why HK being in operation longer than Sinkieland does not or never have break down its because Honkies believe in quality stuff, they get from the Original source, whereas SMRT get from the cheapest source!! We called it replica or
imitation stuff!! Look like original but its a copy!!

Had a friend who used to work for SMRT who's job was to source for the cheapest prices for everything e.g. parts, lubricants,.... They would never buy the original parts if possible because it was more expensive to do so.

She described it as a chinese run business :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....I had a brand new cabin on the Monorail. I am pleased that at least they have good planning as in KL SENTRAl....where the train lines meet & even they have reorganised the bus lines running on the outside. The other thing I like is the taxi service at KL Sentral, for years..o

Haven't been to KL in a while but it seems to have improved & may be worth a re-visit especially with the cheaper ringgit but I'm not eager to pay the new GST tax.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a friend who used to work for SMRT who's job was to source for the cheapest prices for everything e.g. parts, lubricants,.... They would never buy the original parts if possible because it was more expensive to do so.

She described it as a chinese run business :biggrin:

more like shit skin business.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I took the free "Go KL" line bus to shuttle to/from KLCC during peak evening hours and not even that crowded. Lots of standing room. Free and not crowded. Very good.

In SIngapore good luck to you. U have to wait for 4, 5, 6 trains before one comes along that u can squeeze in. SIngapore MRT is designed for the population of singapore which is 3.5 million. But when u rapidly add 2 million FTs to the mix, then the system does not workl anymore.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever I'm visiting Bangkok I always use the MRT. To get from the airport to my hotel & to get around the city. Using it avoids the traffic jams & hassles with the taxi drivers because I don't speak thai.

I still remember when the MRT service 1st started, it was quite under utilised & you could always get a seat. However nowadays I only can get a seat if I'm taking the airport route. On the other routes I usually have to stand because the service has now become so popular.

Comparing the 2 services in the 2 countries I find that the trains in Bangkok are more frequent. In Spore the wait time is longer & it is is common to see an empty train that is heading for the depot. Something like the taxi drivers refusing to take passengers because of a shift change:smile:

Yes I am a frequent user of the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan and vice versa. They used to have an express service but I noticed it has been scrapped. Even then the regular service is fast and efficient. No such thing as an empty train returning to depot right in front of you. Singapore experience very long and frustrating with or without the frequent breakdowns.:mad:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's all relative. Our drivers are certainly more polite than the M'sians, but compared to people in other First World nations we're indeed low-life. And compared to the traffic in India Singapore is indeed heaven. (I've driven in Taiwan, Australia, Europe, US and Canada, so I can vouch for it.)

We're in the First League. So we should always benchmark ourselves against the best. Likewise no point talking about corrupt leaders in Africa and South Asia. Talk about why we need million-dollar salaries for politicians here when New Zealand, UK and Sweden all pay their prime ministers only $200k – $300k a year, and their corruption index is as good as, if not better than, ours

Personally I don't agree compared to people in other First world nations that Sporeans are indeed low life. I have driven in US and Canada many years ago, as long as we follow traffic rules and don't anyhow cut and squeeze, how low life can our driving be compared to theirs?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In SIngapore good luck to you. U have to wait for 4, 5, 6 trains before one comes along that u can squeeze in. SIngapore MRT is designed for the population of singapore which is 3.5 million. But when u rapidly add 2 million FTs to the mix, then the system does not workl anymore.

Yes I have always said before Msia govt is not that bad.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only grouse I have with the Train System in KL is the connectivity between lines, I noticed recently, they are slowly upgrading the train cabins, one rush hour morning....I had a brand new cabin on the Monorail. I am pleased that at least they have good planning as in KL SENTRAl....where the train lines meet & even they have reorganised the bus lines running on the outside. The other thing I like is the taxi service at KL Sentral, for years I find it most convenient. One arrive from the airport or from anywhere, you go to the taxi booking counter,state your destination, pay get a ticket & board any of the taxis in the queue outside, show the driver & give a copy of that receipt to the driver & you will get to your destination. They have the taxi booking at Time Square Shopping Centre & Menara KL CC too...KL Sentral one had been in service since the Sentral was opened. I have yet to see one in Singapore.

Ever since the LRT/Monorail started, I have not used the taxis much...it is so easy, from KL Sentral, one have choices of 2 LRT lines, 1 monorail, the KTM Intercity or out of KL line, the airport express from KLIA1 & KLIA2.

I have not encountered any breakdown in service, in the number of years & number of times I took the trains...only in the past, the self ticketing machine was so backwards...but recently, they have upgraded, & updated....

Pack like sardines during rush hours, weekends, holidays yes...but on certain time of the day...it is not so crowded. One thing, no annoying announcement, "mind the platform gaps", " if you see, any suspicious..." or?? " put your fingers to your lips & hold hands, two by two".... ha ha ha ha

I have travelled around KL quite a lot....their bus services had improved too...but if you do not mind, getting caught in traffic...you want free bus services around certain popular areas...take the free tourist bus....I took one & find it clean, pleasant & good..where can you find this in Singapore?? we have free shuttle buses..but....try it.:o

Harassing me again. No need finger to lips, just suck thumb lah.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I am a frequent user of the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan and vice versa. They used to have an express service but I noticed it has been scrapped. Even then the regular service is fast and efficient. No such thing as an empty train returning to depot right in front of you. Singapore experience very long and frustrating with or without the frequent breakdowns.:mad:

Problem with the airport link is switching train lines say from bts to it and good luck if you need to take the mrt where you will probably get checked thoroughly if you have lots of luggage. I think only the beginning of the airport link in the city does not require you to walk on the street