• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should I quit from my job ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am on this weird job for 9 mths. Pay 2.5k with some allowance avg 250 per mth.
This job must leeport to work on time type. Even 5mins late will get warning.
The jobscope is weird. Nothing at all. Means I do not need to do anything besides signing some nonsense forms which just takes most 2mins of work.
I am going crazy going through this mental torture so pls pardon me if I always post nonsense in sbf as I have nothing to do at work. I wish the company retrench me and I can get some money better than everyday rushing to a workplace to do nothing. I told my friend to ask for opinion some ask me quit some say is the best job in the world.
I am in a dilemma becos if I quit I will be unemployed again like last yr almost 9mths I was unemployed.:(

Even I have nothing to do, my movement is being closely monitored. Also when signing on dotted line for this job, I have to accept that I am not allowed to moonlight or have another sideline. Hence I cannot utilise the time for doing own business. I can only surf internet everyday. In the beginning was shiok. After 6mths I started to lose my self worth. Literally it is exchanging 50% of my life for a meagre sgd2750 mthly.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good what. You can post more of your middle age man series here fulltime.
Just to elaborate abit more.
I have to put down all dignity in this job as I am based in a customer location. The customers are saddist. If they ask me to sit i must sit, stand i must stand. Go open door i must go. If they caught me sleeping or do anything against the house rule, they always leeport to my boss. Will u continue to work in such a sicko environment ?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Instead of working for others, why don't you get some sinkie sheep to work for you?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judging by your need for self-worth and an intense dislike for playing to somebody's tune, I'd say quit your job and be your own boss. Income may be uncertain, but you call the shots, you have more autonomy, you reap the fruits (good or bad) of your labour, and you'll be a lot happier.

Trust me; I've been there, so I know.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judging by your need for self-worth and an intense dislike for playing to somebody's tune, I'd say quit your job and be your own boss. Income may be uncertain, but you call the shots, you have more autonomy, you reap the fruits (good or bad) of your labour, and you'll be a lot happier.

Trust me; I've been there, so I know.

I do not mind playing to someone tune if is a friendly tune. But over here are nasty tunes.
You seemed to be a well learned business minded person which I see perhaps are fated to walk the boss path.
I am not a gd business person. Even buy and selling personal stuff I always doing the lose business :(

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am on this weird job for 9 mths. Pay 2.5k with some allowance avg 250 per mth.
The jobscope is weird. Nothing at all. Means I do not need to do anything besides signing some nonsense forms which just takes most 2mins of work.
I am going crazy going through this mental torture so pls pardon me if I always post nonsense in sbf as I have nothing to do at work. I wish the company retrench me and I can get some money better than everyday rushing to a workplace to do nothing. I told my friend to ask for opinion some ask me quit some say is the best job in the world.
I am in a dilemma becos if I quit I will be unemployed again like last yr almost 9mths I was unemployed.:(

Even I have nothing to do, my movement is being closely monitored. Also when signing on dotted line for this job, I have to accept that I am not allowed to moonlight or have another sideline. Hence I cannot utilise the time for doing own business. I can only surf internet everyday. In the beginning was shiok. After 6mths I started to lose my self worth. Literally it is exchanging 50% of my life for a meagre sgd2750 mthly.

$2,750 to do nothing? That is the dream job of many. But luckily u are smart enough to know that this job is like poison that will kill u eventually. U learn nothing new that will add value towards your next job. With this type of pay, u shouldn't be wasting money buying branded bags for a gal who is not even your gf la! To this point, u are really a gong cheebye.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Maybe you are unwittingly being made to be someone's TuaPekKong

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$2,750 to do nothing? That is the dream job of many. But luckily u are smart enough to know that this job is like poison that will kill u eventually. U learn nothing new that will add value towards your next job. With this type of pay, u shouldn't be wasting money buying branded bags for a gal who is not even your gf la! To this point, u are really a gong cheebye.

Agree with the poison thing. But buying handbag I worked hard save alot of money for retirement and long time buy a ex bag for the girl I like I find nothing wrong with it lor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
WOW security guard salary now $2,750? Multiply by 3 its bloody RM8,250 no wonder so many Malaysian shitskins working as security guards in Singapore.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WOW security guard salary now $2,750? Multiply by 3 its bloody RM8,250 no wonder so many Malaysian shitskins working as security guards in Singapore.
I think some security guards make gross 3k nowadays. But my job is much easier than them lah

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to put down all dignity in this job as I am based in a customer location. The customers are saddist. If they ask me to sit i must sit, stand i must stand. Go open door i must go. If they caught me sleeping or do anything against the house rule, they always leeport to my boss. Will u continue to work in such a sicko environment ?

you work as professional duck huh ?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sound like you are working in japan or something,shouldnt be long now,u should end up in mental hospital with a mental breakdown and spend the rest of ur days wearing a strait jacket or wandering around forests picking mushrooms or hanging yourself from a tree in aokigahara,suicide forest.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for seeing me up. But I'm also a sinkie sheep .

Bro chootchiew, your problem is the next job, not this job. You options seem to between giving up your current job and losing $2,750 per month versus being unemployed.

Would your self-esteem be better off with that latter option ?

Is it the nature of your current job that makes you feel worthless ? Or the salary ? What if your current job pays you $8,000 a month for doing exactly the same thing ?

Since you have made it clear that you are not businessman material, I will not advise you to pursue in that direction. You either have the courage to brave the storm of uncertainty or if circumstances dictate that you start your own business. So essentially, with your choices being narrowed down, your problem is really about the next job, and the next job does not seem to be on the horizon.

Perhaps you should start looking out for the next job. If you quit your current job and remain unemployed, my fear is you may lose your g/f too. Your self-worth is going to take a bigger and harder knock.

Focus on your next job, bro.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why not? Lots of chaps in CS doing the same thing for 3 - 5 times your salary, but i dun hear them say there is self worth problem. Why? Very simple. Because for sinkies money in pocket is self worth. Think too much no point.