• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RI, ACS and Saint Andrews boys only. All other sinkies DO NOT click on this thread!!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: RI, ACS and Saint Andrews boys only. All other sinkies DO NOT click on this threa

No I am not qualified. That is why I have not commented on Johah's demise.

What does RI,ACS, St Andrews got to do with Jonah Lomu's death ? He studied in all three institutions before?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: RI, ACS and Saint Andrews boys only. All other sinkies DO NOT click on this threa

printLogo.png

Keith Quinn: I'm in total, utter shock

By Simon Plumb @SimonPlumb
4:49 PM Wednesday Nov 18, 2015
A_290811NZHBPQUINN10_220x147.jpg

Veteran broadcaster Keith Quinn is regarded by many as 'the voice of rugby'. Photo / Supplied

The death of Jonah Lomu has been called a "triple tragedy" by veteran broadcaster Keith Quinn.

Regarded by many as 'the voice of rugby', a stunned Quinn has sent his sympathies to the All Black great's family.
"I am just in total, utter shock," Quinn said.

"It's just tragic for the family. Jonah spoke so warmly about his wife and his two boys in recent years. It's a triple tragedy in that regard."

Quinn, who watched Lomu's career from start to finish and remained tight after his retirement from rugby in 2007, says he will remember a man who went from humble beginnings to global stardom - but always remained grounded.

Quite simply, Quinn says, Lomu was the best the game has ever seen.

"People came to know him by just one name: Jonah," Quinn said.

"He's the most sensational rugby player I've ever seen. Even though his time at the very top of his career was very brief, his performances are like nothing anyone else has ever witnessed.

"I just love Jonah's story, as a person, that's how I'll remember him. He came from modest circumstances, a hard-working family, his mum and dad each took two jobs to put him through boarding school down at Wellesley College. From there, where he was recognised as sporting talent, it took him to global recognition.

"Even a couple of weeks ago at Twickenham in front of nearly 100,000 people as the Wallabies and All Blacks warmed up for the World Cup final, his appearance got as big an ovation as either of the teams."

At times in his career, Quinn said the adulation hurled at Lomu was reminiscent of a rock star.

"I saw him mobbed around the world including in Buenos Aires and Nancy in France, he couldn't leave a hotel or get off the team bus without being chased by kids," he said.

"They felt they knew him and he always had time for them.

"Even recently, he was flown over to be one of the star appearances at the Hong Kong Sevens this year. There was a lot of big names there, but Jonah was the one that everyone looked to."

By Simon Plumb @SimonPlumb
- Herald on Sunday

Copyright ©2015, NZME. Publishing Limited

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

What does RI,ACS, St Andrews got to do with Jonah Lomu's death ? He studied in all three institutions before?

I thought it would make a good thread title.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I was in school I did try out for the rugby team, but just wasn't tough enough:o

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

When I was in school I did try out for the rugby team, but just wasn't tough enough:o

I tried too and I was laughed off the field. I was told in no uncertain terms that nerds were not welcome.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Its not, making fun of someone death like this. Please change it.

I'm not making fun of anyone. I'm honoring the great man by starting a thread in his memory. :rolleyes:

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is a problem for Singapore, if he or she is a Singaporean.

I agree with you with regards to the attitude of several individuals, and with respect,
if that is a fair random sample of Singaporeans, possibly it is a reflection on why Singapore is not a "graceful" country.

Well said, Charlie. Sad to see Lomu Go. Great game, rugby. Remember our Kiwi Cup days?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not making fun of anyone. I'm honoring the great man by starting a thread in his memory. :rolleyes:

With the title " RI, ACS and Saint Andrews boys only. All other sinkies DO NOT click on this thread" ? What does Jonah Lomu got to do with RI, ACS, St Andrews? Or are you referring to sinkies?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well said, Charlie. Sad to see Lomu Go. Great game, rugby. Remember our Kiwi Cup days?

Yes, those were the days.

Jonah Lomu is the best and greatest rugby player.

I was skinny and not good enough to play for RI, but my brother was a prop, wearing the green black and white number 1 jersey.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With the title " RI, ACS and Saint Andrews boys only. All other sinkies DO NOT click on this thread" ? What does Jonah Lomu got to do with RI, ACS, St Andrews? Or are you referring to sinkies?

boys from those schools understand rugby and appreciate great players like uncles of geylang understand hfj's and appreciate great abalones. :p

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was skinny and not good enough to play for RI, but my brother was a prop, wearing the green black and white number 1 jersey.

Played for my class, but never good enough for the school team.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

boys from those schools understand rugby and appreciate great players like uncles of geylang understand hfj's and appreciate great abalones. :p

So does kiwis and aussies and poms that visits this SITE!?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Great analogy thanks for clarifying on my behalf.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Great analogy thanks for clarifying on my behalf.

so in future can a thread be started titled like this, Geylang uncles only all other sinkies DO NOT click on this.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

but there should not b restrictions. I dont know whats between yr ears.
I can talk rugby all day/night long w you. Anything. Strategy, analyse, outcome, etc.
Rugby players dont the slightest behavior like u,

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

but there should not b restrictions. I dont know whats between yr ears.
I can talk rugby all day/night long w you. Anything. Strategy, analyse, outcome, etc.
Rugby players dont the slightest behavior like u,

Sam's being elitist, but there's some truth in what he says.

If you knew your Singapore rugby, you'd know that in the early independence days, two great schools dominate the rugby scene – the Saints and the Rafflesians. In the past 2 decades ACS has come to the fore and rightly deserves to sit alongside RI and Saint Andrew's as the holy trinity of local schools' rugby. Together they've been feeding players for the National Under-19 and Under-21 teams as well as the national team for as long as I can remember.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was from Nanyang girl school.
In those days, we girls talked about rugby and we purposely went to ACS to see boys playong rugby

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

I remember there was a player called Charlie Lee? Speckie chap but solidly built.