• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung Galaxy the phone that stopped bullet saved owner @Paris

Mohd_Ah_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clic for pics

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-attacks-mans-life-6830707

Paris terror attacks: Man's life saved after mobile phone prevents 'head being blown to bits'
07:41, 14 NOV 2015 UPDATED 12:24, 14 NOV 2015 BY ANTHONY*BOND
The man, known only as Sylvestre, said his head would have "exploded" had his while mobile not took the impact of a bullet

SHARES

COMMENTS
Reuters
A man has claimed his mobile phone saved his life during the devastating terror attack outside France's national stadium last night.

The man, known only as Sylvestre, said his head would have "exploded" had his while mobile not took the impact of a bullet.

He was pictured moments after the attacks in Paris still holding onto his Samsung phone which had a smashed screen and huge dent in one side.

Speaking to iTele, he said: "This is the cell phone that took the hit, its what saved me. Otherwise my head would have been blown to bits. I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

Sylvestre said he was shot in his foot and was grazed on his ribcage by a bullet.

READ MORE: Video shows moment police storm concert hall ending 'siege which left 118 dead'

Reuters
Did you witness the attacks? Get in touch with us using the form below or emailing [email protected]

Video footage showed the moment a siege at a Paris concert hall where scores of people were held hostage ended killing dozens of people.

Police were seen surrounding the theatre in Boulevard Voltaire in the French capital as gunfire can be heard inside.

Read more: Paris terror attacks: What we know so far about how events unfolded

Officers were filmed climbing ladders as they scale the Chinese-influenced exterior of the venue where music fans had gathered to see Eagles of Death Metal play.

Then moments later people who look to be hostages and dressed in civilian clothing are seen making their way to safety from the ladders.

Gunfire could be heard ringing out in the background.

REUTERS
A man is treated by emergency crews
The footage was the dramatic climax to a siege which started shortly after 9pm when five or six gunmen are reported to have stormed the building, spraying bullets and 'shooting people one by one'.

Up to 100 others were held hostage during a tense few hours as French authorities struggled to cope with a reported six separate attacks on the city.

Read more: Paris attacks: Anthony Martial takes to Twitter after playing in France vs Germany on night of tragedy

Police stormed the building around midnight (GMT) while other officers worked to rescue those trapped inside.

Getty
Teams of police on the streets of the French capital
A shoot out followed and three terrorists are said to have been killed by police.

Dramatic footage from the scene aired by Sky News showed the operation being carried out under the dark skies of nightfall in the city.

Other footage at the same venue shows firefighters and police surround the building and begin bringing out casualties.

Watch next Dashcam footage shows incredible moment cab »

Mohd_Ah_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Video click:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...s-life-during-Paris-terrorist-attacks_id75771

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge saves man's life during Paris terrorist attacks

Posted: 5 hours ago, by Alan F.Categories: Samsung, Android

The terrorist attacks in Paris that started late Friday in the city, killed as many as 153 people. If it wasn't for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, the number of dead would have been 154. According to a French media site, a man name Sylvester was hanging around outside the Stade de France. Inside, an exhibition soccer match between France and Germany was taking place. The stadium was filled with 80,000 fans, French President Francois Hollande among them, when a series of explosions could be heard by fans, players and media watching the game.

Outside the stadium, a suicide bomber and a gunman created havoc by detonating a bomb, and firing off rounds. Sylvestor was hit by a fragment from the bomb. Under normal circumstances, he would have ended up a statistic in a body bag. But as luck would have it, his Samsung Galaxy S6 edge was there to take the brunt of the attack. While his phone was in pretty bad shape, it can be replaced. His life, not so much.

Smartphones and social media played a major part in getting the story out. One gentleman stuck at the Bataclan theater, where more than 100 were killed during a concert by U.S. band Eagles of Death Metal, tweeted about the carnage he had witnessed. Others captured horrifying images seen throughout the city, by using the camera on their phone.

The video below is not in English, but you can pretty much figure out what Sylvester is saying just by looking at his wounded Galaxy S6 edge, and the wound on his body. If the phone wasn't there to take the hit, there is no doubt about what would have happened to him.*

Thanks for the tip!

Mohd_Ah_LEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
ad187851144paris-attacks-bu.jpg

Paris-phone.jpg

我爸是李肛=Ass Loong

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tw.news.yahoo.com/手機擋彈片-逃過爆頭劫-215004169.html

手機擋彈片 逃過爆頭劫
中時電子報作者蔡鵑如、王嘉源╱綜合報導 | 中時電子報 – 2015年11月15日 上午5:50

中國時報【蔡鵑如、王嘉源╱綜合報導】

法國巴黎恐怖攻擊釀成慘重傷亡,但一名距離自殺炸彈客僅幾步之遙的男子,卻靠著手機擋下碎裂的彈片,幸運逃過一劫。

當第一位自殺炸彈客引爆身上的爆裂物時,一名叫做席爾維斯特(Sylvestre)的法國男子正行經附近,距離該恐怖分子僅僅幾公尺。當時他拿著白色三星手機剛講完電話,手機還貼在耳際,一片碎裂的彈片朝他飛來,正好砸在手機上,要不是手機救主,席爾維斯特恐怕已爆頭身亡。

席爾維斯特告訴法國iTele電視台,爆炸那一瞬間,眼前所有東西都被炸得粉碎,他狂奔逃離時還跌倒;「是手機擋住爆炸碎片,它救了我一命,要不然我的腦袋會爆成碎片,我想誰都不希望如此。」他對媒體出示他的救命手機,手機螢幕碎成網狀,背面的三星商標位置明顯凹陷一塊。席爾維斯特的腳和腹部都被彈片所傷,但性命無虞。

槍手犯案後一度逃逸,巴黎市警方呼籲民眾待在家裡,非必要別出門。由於數條地鐵線中斷、案發地點附近的好幾個地鐵站關閉,有些人被警方強制待在咖啡館內避難,有些人夜半無法返家,社群網站在此時發揮互助效用。

有人在推特自主發起讓無法返家的陌生人借住一宿的活動,避免有人在這特別危險的一晚流連在外。他們利用「#PorteOuverte 」(法語意為「敞開大門」)的標示,很快就獲得48萬人轉發,當晚只比「#fusillade」(法語意為「槍擊」)的70萬次少。

推特14日的熱門話題標示還包括「巴黎恐攻」(#ParisAttacks)和「為巴黎祈福」(#PrayForParis);在IS坦承犯案之際,許多穆斯林也發起「非以我之名」(

#NotInMyName)話題標籤,譴責極端穆斯林犯下恐攻暴行,同時呼籲全世界不要把所有穆斯林都當成恐怖份子。
新聞相關影音

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bay area is full of random shootings, thus i always carry a tablet for my breastplate, another tablet for my backplate, and 6 mobiles around my head.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
the bay area is full of random shootings, thus i always carry a tablet for my breastplate, another tablet for my backplate, and 6 mobiles around my head.

When you past custom duty screening they arrested you for smuggling smart phones. :biggrin: