• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

face-NO-book will make you happier, fuck FB! Ditched!

istana_pest

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2015/11/11/Life-more-fun-without-Facebook

Life more fun without Facebook
AFP | 11 November, 2015 00:39
The study by the Happiness Research Institute involved a sample of 1095 people in Denmark who were divided into two groups: half of them continued using Facebook, the others stopped. File photo
Image by: DADO RUVIC / Reuters
Always feeling envious? Got a nonexistent social life... struggle to concentrate?
Save & Share
Tweet

Email
Print

Facebook might be to blame if you believe the results of a study showing that people who go a week without using the social network are happier.

The study by the Happiness Research Institute involved a sample of 1095 people in Denmark who were divided into two groups: half of them continued using Facebook, the others stopped.

"We focused on Facebook because it is the social media that most people use across age groups," said Meik Wiking, the institute's chief executive, yesterday.

After a week, the people who had not been on Facebook said they had become more satisfied with their life, with 88% of them describing themselves as "happy" compared with 81% of the people in the second group.

About 84% said they appreciated their life, compared with 75% in the other group, and only 12% of the abstainers described themselves as dissatisfied, compared with 20% of those who continued using Facebook.

The abstainers reported having a richer social life and fewer difficulties in concentrating, whereas the others reported no such change.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got ppl who treat FB like report card every day must write something, go toilet, eat breakfast and lunch, outing with wife and family also face book!!

At Work place ppl asking for sample also FB, got diarrhea also FB, can not shit also FB!!

Its becoming a boredom seeing all these rubbish popping out!!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got ppl who treat FB like report card every day must write something, go toilet, eat breakfast and lunch, outing with wife and family also face book!!

At Work place ppl asking for sample also FB, got diarrhea also FB, can not shit also FB!!

Its becoming a boredom seeing all these rubbish popping out!!

Yeah I was waiting for them to post nude picture or video of themselves having sex with their spouse.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind people bothering to share their life on Facebook. Sometimes I get to see their new condo or nice travelling photos that give me a glimpse into places that I have not visited and no particular intention to visit but still good to see.

How we see it depends on ourselves. If one is low self esteem will think that people sharing their life are boasting and flaunting wealth. Others can feel happy for people having good fortune and see it as they are sharing their happiness.

AnnieHo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Facebook is a site where most people express their feelings rather than telling directly to the concern.

Another thing is that most people post nonsense and boasts what they eat and where they go.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind people bothering to share their life on Facebook. Sometimes I get to see their new condo or nice travelling photos that give me a glimpse into places that I have not visited and no particular intention to visit but still good to see.

How we see it depends on ourselves. If one is low self esteem will think that people sharing their life are boasting and flaunting wealth. Others can feel happy for people having good fortune and see it as they are sharing their happiness.

Low self esteem people who cannot make it like to think that others made it through unlawful immoral means. Jealous of people and want to ruin other's life. Don't know how to be happy for others who are better off. Alot of such people in third world countries and that's why their country remained third world.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low self esteem people who cannot make it like to think that others made it through unlawful immoral means. Jealous of people and want to ruin other's life. Don't know how to be happy for others who are better off. Alot of such people in third world countries and that's why their country remained third world.

Why psychopath Sinkie and clones so jealous and malicious? Spend all their energy on harming others. No wonder remained third world beings.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/news/321609-quitting-facebook-happiness-study/

Feeling sad? Quitting Facebook could turn your frown upside down, study says
Published time: 11 Nov, 2015 16:57

© Dado Ruvic / Reuters
While the temptation to always be connected via social media outlets is a legitimate one, a little bit of will power could work wonders for your personal life. A new study found that quitting Facebook actually makes people happier.
The research, conducted by the Denmark-based think-tank Happiness Research Institute, enrolled 1,095 volunteers between the ages of 16 and 76. Ninety-four percent of the participants said they visited Facebook as part of their daily routine.

Before the study began, the volunteers were surveyed on how satisfied they felt, how active their social life was, how much they compared themselves to others, and how easy they found it to concentrate.

Read more
Facebook wants your phone number, cites threat from government hackers
The participants were then divided into two groups. Half of them carried on using Facebook as usual, while the other half spent their time away from the social network.

After just a week, 88 percent of those who had given up Facebook said they felt “happy,” compared to 81 percent of those who continued using the social network as usual.

Those who gave up Facebook also reported feeling more enthusiastic, less lonely, less worried, and more decisive. They said they found it easier to concentrate, and that quitting the social network allowed them to spend more time seeing friends and family face-to-face.

"After a few days, I noticed my to-do list was getting done faster than normal as I spent my time more productively. I also felt a sort of calmness from not being confronted by Facebook all the time," said 35-year-old volunteer Sophie Anne Dornoy.

According to the researchers, the lower levels of happiness associated with Facebook are due to the fact that people tend to envy other people's lives.

"Instead of focusing on what we actually need, we have an unfortunate tendency to focus on what other people have," wrote the authors of the study.

Meik Wiking, CEO of the Happiness Research Institute, described the social network as a “constant bombardment of everyone else's great news,” adding that everyone shows their best side in the “Facebook world.”

READ MORE: No Tsu for you: Facebook blocks social-networking competitor

But despite the study's findings, Wiking said that most people will continue to use social media as usual, because humans have a tendency to repeat negative behavior.

“It’s also common wisdom that smoking is bad, yet we continue to do it,” he told the Local.

Wiking did, however, admit that social media can have some positive effects – if you remember that your news feed is just a small part of what is happening in the lives of your Facebook friends.

“There can also be positive benefits from Facebook and social media, but I think the real thing to always be aware of is the effect it has on our perception of reality. This constant flow of great news we see on Facebook only represents the top 10 percent of things that happen to other people. It shouldn’t be used as the background for evaluating our own lives,” he said.

Wiking said the next step is for researchers to study how long the positive effects of quitting social media last, and what happens when people go without Facebook for extended periods.

“I'd like to try for a year, but we'd have to see how many volunteers we get for that,” he said.