• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC Fairprice has been cheating customers

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong weights for vegetables at supermarket

NOV 10, 2015, 7:04 PM SGT
Recently, I bought some broccoli from FairPrice at Bukit Batok MRT station. The price tag showed a weight of 0.336kg (336g) and a price of $2.32.

I didn't think much about it until I got home. The packet of broccoli felt light so I decided to weigh it with a home weighing scale to check the weight.

To my surprise, it weighed only 200g.

I went back to the store to inquire. The packet of broccoli was reweighed by a supervisor on another weighing machine. The new price tag showed the new correct weight of 200g (the same as what I got on my own weighing scale) and a new price of $1.38. The difference in price was $0.94.

I went to a neighbour whom I saw buying some vegetables from the same FairPrice outlet. I told her about what I had discovered.

This neighbour bought the following items and also went back to the store to have her items reweighed:

1) carrots originally weighed 0.836kg and priced $1.59 (reweighed as 0.694kg and repriced at $1.32, difference: $0.27)

2) broccoli originally weighed 0.874kg and priced $6.03 (reweighed as 0.732kg and repriced at $5.05, difference: $0.98)

3) red chilli originally weighed 0.280kg and priced $1.45 (reweighed as 0.142kg and repriced at $0.74, difference: $0.71)

For two of the items, the difference in price was nearly $1 each. That's a lot of money for folk like us.

Not only were customers like my neighbour and me charged higher prices, we also received less in quantity for the items we bought.

Several questions come to mind:

1) How long has this mistake in weighing gone on?

2) What about unsuspecting customers? Are they going to be compensated?

3) What actions will be taken to prevent such weighing mistakes from happening in future?

Ng Chong Kee

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think petrol station meters are even worse.

Nothing wrong in cheating as long as the money made does not go into individuals pocket, tis what i see happening here. Even the Gahman practise tis form of cheating and best its self check, find its ok.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time in the wet markets the fishmongers would stuff stones into the fish belly to make them heavier....
Good to see ntuc has done away with such unsophisticated ways of cheating and invented new more savvy methods

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time withdraw 10000 from bank, go home and count and go back to bank tell them you only get 5000

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time in the wet markets the fishmongers would stuff stones into the fish belly to make them heavier....
Good to see ntuc has done away with such unsophisticated ways of cheating and invented new more savvy methods

they are still light years behind the PRCs.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. I am surprise no one post the ultimate question :biggrin:
2. What did the victim voted for :kma:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there

1. I am surprise no one post the ultimate question :biggrin:
2. What did the victim voted for :kma:

NTUC not only cheat, just watch out on Monday and Sunday prices!!

Example Sunday price of Meiji Milk $4.95 on Monday price increased to $5.35

why? because Monday is Pioneer day they so called give 3% discount but price

readjusted!! this is how NTUC make money on hand they say give discount to

Senior and Pioneer on the other hand the screw the Senior and Pioneer Program

deep deep!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..the person in charge 4get to send the machine for calibration...enuf said..

Slippery when wet, slimy as fish....what calibration? no lah!.....they are just copying what the vegetables sellers are doing, they 'keep the produce fresh by soaking them in water & then weigh....of course it will weigh extra, with the water, it is WET...so, you buy, take home & weigh, it is already dried...332gm becomes 200gm....they as a seller are slimy as a fish...:biggrin:

It is you, as a consumer....are just too trusting...like the 70%....which seller in the world are honest...if they don't cheat you blind...thank your lucky stars...let's just move on..why complain??:rolleyes:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As saying goes you can do anything but dont get caught.
Get caught, refund u lo.
If u wish to report to case, go lo.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stopped buying avocados from NTUC because the last few times I did, they were either over-ripe, or spoilt. I then learnt that one could view the spot where the stem connects to the fruit, and judge the ripeness of the fruit by its colour, but then, the avocados sold by NTUC are wrapped in plastic tubes, making this inspection impossible. So, best solution is - don't buy.

Cheers!

MaiTuLiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC not only cheat, just watch out on Monday and Sunday prices!!

Example Sunday price of Meiji Milk $4.95 on Monday price increased to $5.35

why? because Monday is Pioneer day they so called give 3% discount but price

readjusted!! this is how NTUC make money on hand they say give discount to

Senior and Pioneer on the other hand the screw the Senior and Pioneer Program

deep deep!!

maituliow... spread the words & boycott those bastards

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong weights for vegetables at supermarket

NOV 10, 2015, 7:04 PM SGT
Recently, I bought some broccoli from FairPrice at Bukit Batok MRT station. The price tag showed a weight of 0.336kg (336g) and a price of $2.32.

I didn't think much about it until I got home. The packet of broccoli felt light so I decided to weigh it with a home weighing scale to check the weight.

To my surprise, it weighed only 200g.

I went back to the store to inquire. The packet of broccoli was reweighed by a supervisor on another weighing machine. The new price tag showed the new correct weight of 200g (the same as what I got on my own weighing scale) and a new price of $1.38. The difference in price was $0.94.

I went to a neighbour whom I saw buying some vegetables from the same FairPrice outlet. I told her about what I had discovered.

This neighbour bought the following items and also went back to the store to have her items reweighed:

1) carrots originally weighed 0.836kg and priced $1.59 (reweighed as 0.694kg and repriced at $1.32, difference: $0.27)

2) broccoli originally weighed 0.874kg and priced $6.03 (reweighed as 0.732kg and repriced at $5.05, difference: $0.98)

3) red chilli originally weighed 0.280kg and priced $1.45 (reweighed as 0.142kg and repriced at $0.74, difference: $0.71)

For two of the items, the difference in price was nearly $1 each. That's a lot of money for folk like us.

Not only were customers like my neighbour and me charged higher prices, we also received less in quantity for the items we bought.

Several questions come to mind:

1) How long has this mistake in weighing gone on?

2) What about unsuspecting customers? Are they going to be compensated?

3) What actions will be taken to prevent such weighing mistakes from happening in future?

Ng Chong Kee

if they are ISO 9000 certified they must hv master weight to calibrate to.......... ditto petrol volume\
BUT then with this cuntry so fucked up.......... anything is possible