• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Married, childless and happy........

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw an article in today's Sunday time, about married couple, being childless and happy. It's a choice that they chose not to have children. Noted that those interviewed were in their late 20s and 30s.

Was wondering those couple that chose to be childless that are now in their 50s or even 60s what they think? Will they still choose this path? Of not having kids......

Most cite on the freedom to travel and spent on what they have make, no worries about childcare fees, Childs education eg........is this the exception rather than the norm?

Any forumers here are married but chose to remain childless but have regretted doing so?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw an article in today's Sunday time, about married couple, being childless and happy. It's a choice that they chose not to have children. Noted that those interviewed were in their late 20s and 30s.

Was wondering those couple that chose to be childless that are now in their 50s or even 60s what they think? Will they still choose this path? Of not having kids......

Most cite on the freedom to travel and spent on what they have make, no worries about childcare fees, Childs education eg........is this the exception rather than the norm?

Any forumers here are married but chose to remain childless but have regretted doing so?

When you grow old you need your loved one to take of you, especially and hopefully your children depending on your up bringing, some remain filial
some are just don't be bother type than the parent will surfer!!

Childless couple will regret without kids when they grow old!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days children may migrate and you will still remain childless. Or worse you need to support them and they take money from you for life.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u scared this scared that, then better don't do anything in life la. Lol

Have a kid if u have the means and u feel like u can nurture the kid. If not, please don't meddle with raising a child. Go join Opposition Party like Sylvia Lim.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never regretted having kids even though they are pain in the ass and are financial and emotional draining!

There are endless joys of playing with them!

Never wanted them to take care of us when we are old!

We are not invalids and can take care of ourselves!

If not we go old folks home!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never regretted having kids even though they are pain in the ass and are financial and emotional draining!

There are endless joys of playing with them!

Never wanted them to take care of us when we are old!

We are not invalids and can take care of ourselves!

If not we go old folks home!

You may be an invalid when you get old, if you have kids, make sure you have a big legacy so that they will look after you till you die and threaten to donate to charity if they don't, or else having kids may be a liability as they abandon you in old age. The quality of your retirement depends on the size of your assets.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the biggest reasons many give for emigrating is because it is for the future of their children. Many of those I know who have left, have gone on to have large families. From 2 or more children even when they do not have a maid.

Having a child in spore is very expensive because we are helping the PAP With their Swiss standard of lifestyle which includes making sure all their family members have a comfortable life.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
One of the biggest reasons many give for emigrating is because it is for the future of their children. Many of those I know who have left, have gone on to have large families. From 2 or more children even when they do not have a maid.

Having a child in spore is very expensive because we are helping the PAP With their Swiss standard of lifestyle which includes making sure all their family members have a comfortable life.

Sinkieland got swiss standard of living? ranjiao! cost of living swiss standard maybe... quality of life sucks big time!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland got swiss standard of living? ranjiao! cost of living swiss standard maybe... quality of life sucks big time!

For the elites lah.
Taxpayers are contributing many, many,.....many plates of Kwey Teow, peanuts,.... to our natural aristocrates & their cronies.

For the rest of us it is a dog eat dog existence, where we are expected to pay market prices for for everything.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
For the elites lah.
Taxpayers are contributing many, many,.....many plates of Kwey Teow, peanuts,.... to our natural aristocrates & their cronies.

For the rest of us it is a dog eat dog existence, where we are expected to pay market prices for for everything.

all i can say is Fug the 69.9%...they deserve to get fug! :oIo:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Saw an article in today's Sunday time, about married couple, being childless and happy. It's a choice that they chose not to have children. Noted that those interviewed were in their late 20s and 30s

One brat less is a better place for us :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
养不教,父之过
教不严,师之惰

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I have never married. I have a partner in life and we live together in sin. We don't have any children and I have no regrets whatsoever.

People used to ask who would look after us in our old age. I can safely say that having money offers far better security in old age than having children.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm married with kids, it's ok but raising kids is a lot of work and not much free time for yourself or your spouse. It's expensive to raise kids in Sinkieland so make sure you have the means to do so.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never married. I have a partner in life and we live together in sin. We don't have any children and I have no regrets whatsoever.

People used to ask who would look after us in our old age. I can safely say that having money offers far better security in old age than having children.

Yep I agree to that and also if you have kids, money is the only control you have to make sure they look after you. Or else you are better off without them.