• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have a query on tenant renting flat's deposit case

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
My relative rented his HDB-APPROVED whole flat to some FTs.

The FT tenants broke HDB subletting rules during their 1 year stay in my relative's flat.

As a result, my relative intends to forfeit the tenants's 1 month deposit.

The FTs threatened to sue my relative.

My relative is very confident that the FT tenants will lose the court case if they really go sue.

But just out of curiosity, if the FT tenants wins the court case, is it my relative only needs to pay the 1 month deposit to them or on top of the 1 month deposit, still have to pay legal costs to the FT tenants??!

Do they have documentation of the infractions? Other wise, its your relative's word against theirs. Were they clearly explained the subletting rules before they rented and did they sign a document acknowledging this? do you have photographic evidence, neighbour's statements, etc on the subletting infringement.

The situation might be resolve if you explained to them that even if the case goes to court, win or lose, they are on the HDB's radar as having had prior dubious tenancy practices. It will affect their future application for a HDB flat if they become SPRs. Maybe they will quietly drop the case and eat the deposit rather then take the chance that HDB will use this against them on a future flat purchase.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Is it you mean even if the FT tenant wan to hire a lawyer to claim back the 1 month deposit, the lawyer will confirm reject their case and tell them to go Small Claims Tribunal??!

Unless the FT was stupid like fuck, why pay a lawyer when he can go to the Small Claims Tribunal and pay $50.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it you mean even if the FT tenant wan to hire a lawyer to claim back the 1 month deposit, the lawyer will confirm reject their case and tell them to go Small Claims Tribunal??!

Bro lawyer fee more than one month rental.
N they lan lan cannot do anything to u.
Unless they do u back by burning your house.
There is nothing they can do

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming for example the 1 month deposit for the 5-rm HDB flat is $2400, hence if the FT bring the case to Small Claims Tribunal agaist the s'porean flatowner, it is either the FT tenant loses his case and gets $0 from the flatowner or the FT tenant wins his case and the flatowner has to pay the FT the 1 month deposit of $2400 but whatever the outcome of the Small Claims Tribunal, the flatowner will never be required to pay more than $2400 to the FT tenant, correct or not??!

I already said YES what. Why you so loh so ? If you can prove that the FT tenant's claim is vexatious or frivolous, you can even claim costs from your FT tenant.

Like Ralder mentioned, you should be more worried about black paint or shit being splashed on your HDB flat.

Even if the Tribunal awards $2400 to FT tenant, all the FT tenant has is a paper judgment. He still needs to enforce it. That is another hoop he has to jump.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if tenant sublets to chickens and runs the place like a brothel, ask him for 1 month of discount vouchers and settle the matter amicably. :p

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FT lease contract still left 1 month, actually my relative wants him to move out and this FT is very xia-lan, he insists on staying till the end of his contract lease

Strictly speaking, a lot depends on what is stated in the tenancy agreement, with regard terms on sub letting, peaceful stay, forfeiture of deposit, etc.

Assume the tenancy agreement is a standard one, all the above terms should be in. The fact that the landlord wants to forfeit the one month's deposit means that the tenant has already violated the terms with regard to sub letting and this in turn trigger the right for landlord to terminate the agreement and ask the tenant to move out immediately.

Still hesitate and say tenant is siah lan and refused to move means landlord himself is not sure of his own position. Assuming he now has the right to ask the tenant to vacate the premises, just gather some relatives or friends and then go to the unit and ask tenant to scram immediately. If tenant refused, just call the police and evict the tenant. Why still hesitate???

Now that things are not well between the parties, why take the risk of waiting one more month? Never know what tenant will be up to in the meantime and at end of one month, maybe see the premises damaged or incur some ah long business and landlord will have troubles for long, long. At that time, even one month's deposit will not cover for the damages.

Don't forget, the fact that the premises is one that sees violation of sub letting rules, the landlord is ultimately the one to face the music if HDB or some other authority comes down hard on such violation.

If want to forfeit deposit, yet don't know what to do next, don't know own rights, is just plain foolish. Create some more noise and wait for tenant to strike back is even worse!!!:confused: :eek:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is it even if the Small Claims Tribunal rule in favour of the FT tenant, the most is the flatowner just need to refund the FT the 1 month deposit and the flatowner confirm no need to pay any legal costs/or admin costs??!

start war but don't know win or lose?:eek::eek::eek:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one an interesting thread....
FT what nationality and on what fuck basis are they here? Age, sex and other details etc.
know your enemies to win your battles

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What the fuck, you created 2 nick talking to each other. Longist the landlord and AhTiong the tenant.
You must be Ah Meng the super bo liao.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You jialat liao. Even though it is your tenant that illegally sublet the flat, HDB will hold you the owner responsible.
I think HDB will take back your flat, siao liao.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are a retarded bastard dog!

The tenants are 7 pinoys!

Hey there TS, cool it. :cool:

You sound so frustrated and so like lau kau Ah Meng without the expletives. If you are lau kau, is it because your gf found out about Chole & the prc, and/or each of them giving you the cold shoulder? If so, then take it cool, :cool:. Char bor always play the game of 一哭, 两闹, 三上吊. Ignore them for a while and they will still crawl back to you. :biggrin:

You started a thread to get advice on a tenancy problem and some bros are giving you good advice, don't just sully all of them similarly with expletives. For example, yesterday, your thread was way back on page three and ah tiong started a new but similar thread describing the same circumstances and brought the issue back to page one (I believe, for your attention). He gave a good description to hint what and how the fxxing FTs tenants could do to cause further damages and more troubles if nothing gets done regarding the sub letting issue.

Anyway, at the risk of further expletives from you, just consider the following:

1 Forget about the one month rental deposit at the moment as it is not important now. When things are settled, there are enough justifications to forfeit the deposit due to violation of sub tenancy rule, both from the tenancy agreement (if there is one) and the HDB regulations points of view.

2 There are only two courses of action left:

a Allow present situation to continue as it is and pretend that there is no sub letting violation. At end of one month when tenancy expires, get the tenants to fxxx off asap.

But this carries risks that firstly, the illegal sub letting issue could be escalated and HDB comes to know about it. So if HDB asks the landlord about the illegal subletting and landlord pretends not to know, it is not good excuse for HDB not to take punitive action for the violations.

Secondly, now that tenants and landlord had a clash on the issue, tenants may cause further damages to the premises as per what ah tiong described, esp as mentioned, they are going to balik kampung. How to get them to pay for big damages thereafter?

Thirdly, just pray hard that in the next few weeks before end of tenancy, tenants don't cause some big troubles in the premises (fighting, quarrelling, big party every night till wee hours, loud music, etc,) or disrupt the peaceful habitation of other neighbours. Or else, more causes for police or HDB actions.

b If the above risks are too much for TS to bear, especially that these scum pinoys are splitting right in the face of the landlord (bin chu, you know), then what remains is to evict them asap.

Police say they cannot evict them before end of tenancy? What nonsense?. Tenants have illegally sub let the premises in violation of tenancy agreement (if there is one) and HDB regulations, and still police no action when landlord called them in? Whatever it is, it will be good that landlord call in the police to let them know that landlord is aware that illegal subletting has taken place. If HBD later come after landlord, there is excuse that the problem has been raised but just police refused to take action.

If, no tenancy agreement? No problem. Still go back to initial verbal agreement or understanding that premises is rented to only seven pinoys and no more. If more than seven tenants are staying or many tenants are moving in and out of premises (temporary tenants), then it is obviously a violation of the agreement! Landlord still has right to demand that just only seven (or whatever number) will stay in the premises, as agreed in the beginning.

Even if police refused to do anything about this situation, it will not be too difficult, I believe, for landlord to call in a bunch of his relative/friends, or 'friends of friends' to go to the premises to evict the fxxing pinoys. Just be warned that some pinoys nowadays are very fattened and big sized due to the good life they enjoy in Singapore. Landlord has to be sure that his eviction helpers are even bigger sized!!!:biggrin:

By the way, yang yin's family was evicted on same day that police was called in and this was done by a 80 yo senile landlord and her fifty yo niece. If they can, why not TS's relative????

Finally, if TS and ah tiong are one and same person, then, can only say, "YOU ARE REALLY BO LIAO!!!":eek:

PS - this thread is now going back to page 6 and if TS misses this post, so just his AAA luck. Good day!:biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are a bastard total loser motherfucker retarded asshole scum dog!

Last night my dog fucked your prostitute whore mother until she died! And you this bastard motherless retarded mad scum dog ate my feces and you licked my anushole!

you this bastard retarded motherfucker total loser dog and all your whole family will all die very horribly in road accidents tomorrow!

The tenants are 7 pinoys and not PRCs!

Knn u siao gao don any how bark.
Ah meng you got so many siao ting tong clones

AhTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
longist = tualingong = kongsimi = oldjunkee = sonsongpunggol = seesuatuah = sawadeecup = Teekee = Mdm Tang = Gopal = Suresh etc.........

so don't try to act cute here :rolleyes: