• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Haze hit 71......went for jogging at East Coast parkway

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you doing 10k now? Or already way past that?

now i run for fitness and not for competition.

i do take part in 10k road running but just for the sake of a workout. Now i take part in such event very occasionally. I used to do it very often.

Alfrescian
Loyal
do not increase mileage more than 10% a week build up the mileage gradually
at middle age, listen to your body....if the body says "no", then stop and rest

whatever run/rest model you choose is dependent on how you cope but bear in mind the endurance build up at each run lasts only about 3-4 days before is diminishes....to maintain the same endurance, you need to do the same within the 3-4 days to MAINTAIN only. If you want to improve, then you need to push the 10% increase within the 3-4 days...its like climbing the stairs....increase/maintain/increase/maintain.....try a bit and find a comfortable rhythm

don't just focus on running....you need to do some cross training also..

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do not increase mileage more than 10% a week build up the mileage gradually
at middle age, listen to your body....if the body says "no", then stop and rest

whatever run/rest model you choose is dependent on how you cope but bear in mind the endurance build up at each run lasts only about 3-4 days before is diminishes....to maintain the same endurance, you need to do the same within the 3-4 days to MAINTAIN only. If you want to improve, then you need to push the 10% increase within the 3-4 days...its like climbing the stairs....increase/maintain/increase/maintain.....try a bit and find a comfortable rhythm

don't just focus on running....you need to do some cross training also..

Yes, have read about the 10% increase a week. Am working on it now, don't think it's going to be easy though.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
now i run for fitness and not for competition.

i do take part in 10k road running but just for the sake of a workout. Now i take part in such event very occasionally. I used to do it very often.

Nobody give a fuck about what you claim you do in "real life".

Go fuck yourself dead.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like running but it's boring on some days and hard to stay motivated. don't know why people can do running on treadmills, it's just so incredibly dull and boring. prefer to play football.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like running but it's boring on some days and hard to stay motivated. don't know why people can do running on treadmills, it's just so incredibly dull and boring. prefer to play football.

I do agree at times it does get a little boring, that's why I bought a pair of those Bluetooth headphone. Unfortunately, the pair gave up on me, when went for run at ECP today. Now trying to look for the bloody receipt to claim warranty. It's less than 2 weeks of use. Talk about being unlucky.......