• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank Run coming soon?

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
pdfnews.asp

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what fucktard Tonychat and his ball-less parents gets when they vote for UMNO.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean more people are taking loan from them then people depositing with them ? Don't make sense le if they ownself not enough money how they lend people ?

That is because you don't understand how banks create money.

Banks create money in the economy by making loans. The amount of money that banks can lend is directly affected by the reserve requirement set by the Federal Reserve. The reserve requirement is currently 3 percent to 10 percent of a bank's total deposits. This amount can be held either in cash on hand or in the bank's reserve account with the Fed. To see how this affects the economy, think about it like this. When a bank gets a deposit of $100, assuming a reserve requirement of 10 percent, the bank can then lend out $90. That $90 goes back into the economy, purchasing goods or services, and usually ends up deposited in another bank. That bank can then lend out $81 of that $90 deposit, and that $81 goes into the economy to purchase goods or services and ultimately is deposited into another bank that proceeds to lend out a percentage of it.
In this way, money grows and flows throughout the community in a much greater amount than physically exists. That $100 makes a much larger ripple in the economy than you may realize!

http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/banking/bank1.htm

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think what is happening is that people are borrowing to buy assets because they are not confident in the future of the ringgit?

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what is happening is that people are borrowing to buy assets because they are not confident in the future of the ringgit?

not too sure about whether confidence level in ringgit dropped.

but i knew that malaysia FD rate is much much higher than sg..so that is why i stupid put my money in Malaysia FD, who knew now currency losses is much more higher than the FD yield

ok, also malaysia loan interest rate also much much higher than sg. well, people still borrow to invest, probably. because all think property easier and faster way to grow rich eg..iskandar housing is forming a bubble now.

also, most malaysian own at least one car or more..this will also increase loan.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Banks create money in the economy by making loans. The amount of money that banks can lend is directly affected by the reserve requirement set by the Federal Reserve. The reserve requirement is currently 3 percent to 10 percent of a bank's total deposits. This amount can be held either in cash on hand or in the bank's reserve account with the Fed. To see how this affects the economy, think about it like this. When a bank gets a deposit of $100, assuming a reserve requirement of 10 percent, the bank can then lend out $90. That $90 goes back into the economy, purchasing goods or services, and usually ends up deposited in another bank. That bank can then lend out $81 of that $90 deposit, and that $81 goes into the economy to purchase goods or services and ultimately is deposited into another bank that proceeds to lend out a percentage of it.
In this way, money grows and flows throughout the community in a much greater amount than physically exists. That $100 makes a much larger ripple in the economy than you may realize!

Sounds complicated to my small brain.
But that does not mean Msian bank gonna kaput even ringgit plunge.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds complicated to my small brain.
But that does not mean Msian bank gonna kaput even ringgit plunge.

In that case, stick to your middle-aged men series. With the GE over, your middle-aged men series have become a box office guarantee in this forum.:biggrin:

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

loan is good. but too much loan is risky.
default risk is higher, may incur more bad debt.

with the current economy condition in malaysia. i think Bank Negara of malaysia more worried about bad debts..

no read income increase while debt is increasing..something bad.