• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unsold inventory is mounting in warehouses across Singapore

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unsold inventory is good. That means manufacturers are stocking up for Christmas sales. :cool:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unsold inventory is good. That means manufacturers are stocking up for Christmas sales. :cool:

It is good for business...for the civil servants are flushed with money after being fed by their masters before the election...no problem for huge inventories.....just put up a sign that say SALES...they civil servants will come in swarms...

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good for business...for the civil servants are flushed with money after being fed by their masters before the election...no problem for huge inventories.....just put up a sign that say SALES...they civil servants will come in swarms...

Aiyo....what he meant is worldwide demand is down....no amount of local buying will mean a thing as Singapore is just a drop in the ocean...US , Europe and China need to spend spend spend...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo....what he meant is worldwide demand is down....no amount of local buying will mean a thing as Singapore is just a drop in the ocean...US , Europe and China need to spend spend spend...

I know....but with so much inventories in the warehouses here...they can sell to the rich civil servants...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently needed a few mice for my computers & bought them from Amazon. Once of the mouse was $22 cheaper from Amazon compare to buying the same model from a Spore store. The other, a wireless model, is not available here.

Shipping & handling was free because the order was over $125. It took 2 weeks for the order to reach me.

I'm waiting for Black Friday when prices are usually cheaper. I already have a shopping list ready :smile:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently needed a few mice for my computers & bought them from Amazon. Once of the mouse was $22 cheaper from Amazon compare to buying the same model from a Spore store. The other, a wireless model, is not available here.

Shipping & handling was free because the order was over $125. It took 2 weeks for the order to reach me.

I'm waiting for Black Friday when prices are usually cheaper. I already have a shopping list ready :smile:

very soon singapore government will impose gst on online purchase. they will impose gst when purchase value is more than 20sgd

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very soon singapore government will impose gst on online purchase. they will impose gst when purchase value is more than 20sgd

Even if a gst is imposed on online shopping, I doubt it will help the local retailers because the cost of doing business in Spore is high. The high overheads is from high rentals, having to pay for PAP taxes like ERP, electricity, regulations .... etc

In the past businesses would pass the higher costs to the consumers but now they can't do that as people are going stuff online, from JB, from LOS,..

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if a gst is imposed on online shopping, I doubt it will help the local retailers because the cost of doing business in Spore is high. The high overheads is from high rentals, having to pay for PAP taxes like ERP, electricity, regulations .... etc

In the past businesses would pass the higher costs to the consumers but now they can't do that as people are going stuff online, from JB, from LOS,..

it is my fervent hope that one day amazon will set up its warehouse system in tuas island and we can enjoy better shopping from amazon!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I am waiting for it too..... maybe the samsung sm950.... :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am waiting for it too..... maybe the samsung sm950.... :smile:

Currently using an Intel SSD drive & have never had any problems with it. Can't say the same thing about SSD drives from other companies. Have read about problems with the Samsung SSDs e.g. software.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I support online buying from amazon..but they can shipped to Sg.. i thought they have a policy of not shipping product that needed warranty to sg? or you use 3rd party to help the shipping to you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So Singapore's manufacturing sector is in recession and the US federal reserve is going to embark on a tightening cycle?

I think we are heading for some kind of economic disaster.

There are going to be bankruptcies soon. Wait for it.