• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spain Thread

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When you take a taxi from Madrid airport to downtown don't be alarm when you see this when you board the taxi

Theres a flat fee of 30 euros from airport to city center

Unlike Singapore taxi drivers taxi drivers here help you with your luggages

Very lucky to have met this driver because when we arrived at hotel he told me that he'd help my luggages I to lobby. There he settled the payment told me I should not be left on pavement or street side with barang barang as its dangerous. Very nice old man.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's strange that the land surrounding Madrid airport and beyond is parched looks like a desert.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Direct flight from Bangkok to Madrid had ceased a few months ago therefore one has to transit in one of the cities in Europe. I choosed the shortest stopover and that's via Munich (1.5hrs) then too a Lufthansa flight to Madrid which was another 2hrs 5mins flight away

Food on board Thai Airways not bad - started with somtam

Then curry chicked

Fruits & dessert

Didn't eat much of the above cos it was like almost 2am when served. However in the middle of the journey which was 6hrs in the journey asked for Mama Instant noodle this is how they gave you Mama

And then just before arriving its breakfast (or lunch Bangkok time)

At the Munich airport saw their latest BMW 7 series on display. This is a much nicer model compare to the last looks more handsome like the 5 series

[URL=http://s844.photobucket.com/user/froggynfroggi/media/Sammy/10478531-27CD-4A36-80F1-A164FBD1F485_zps8gikypb5.jpg.html] [/URL]

[video=youtube;BCo5POd49ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCo5POd49ls[/video]

Nice ya

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Didn't have much time or energy to move around so only time for makan, rest and arrange train tickets

I wonder if Spanish knows what they are into

Ministry of Agriculture

Congress

People relaxing Central Madrid

Gypsy beggar

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
High speed train is known as Renfe in Spain. I've heard its the most efficient in Europe now BUT its almost impossible to book online. First page is in English after selecting the date and destination the next page to select the train in in Spanish. I gave up so decided to come book at the station

Main station in Madrid

Looks like a very old building from WWII era it is but the inside is very modern

Simply take a queue number and wait, staff very helpful, patient and knowledgeable for instant they will help choose a good train for you. Had a really good experience buying my 5 tickets here for my 15 days trip.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like a very old building from WWII era it is but the inside is very modern
In western europe, it's a given to keep old facade for public and commercial buildings. Interior can be state of the art :biggrin:

Done the reknown Spanish Fly yet? :p

8.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In western europe, it's a given to keep old facade for public and commercial buildings. Interior can be state of the art :biggrin:

Done the reknown Spanish Fly yet? :p

Will go look for it and find out why this name.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner time normally starts at 8pm till "late". Honestly 8 is already 1am Bangkok time so got to get use to.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Consomme

Spanish lettuce, tuna, olive, capsicum

Main courses - Mushrooms and steak

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yesterday another tapas brunch

Lentils stew with pigs blood sausage

The pig's blood sausage

Wings

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when in madrid, you have to dine at the oldest restaurant in europe, restaurante sobrino de botin. its specialty is the roasted suckling pig. non-halal. :p

i had 2 street paintings done by an artist at the nearby plaza depicting the botin from different views from a bygone era.....while i dined in there. after dinner which started at 9:30pm i picked up my paintings at 11:30pm. and then the bar hopping began with rolled up paintings in armpit.

http://www.botin.es/?q=en

image.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
when in madrid, you have to dine at the oldest restaurant in europe, restaurante sobrino de botin. its specialty is the roasted suckling pig. non-halal. :p

i had 2 street paintings done by an artist at the nearby plaza depicting the botin from different views from a bygone era.....while i dined in there. after dinner which started at 9:30pm i picked up my paintings at 11:30pm. and then the bar hopping began with rolled up paintings in armpit.

http://www.botin.es/?q=en

Thank you. Am in the Renfe now leaving Madrid for Zaragova but will be back in 10 days. Will check this restaurant out.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dinner time normally starts at 8pm till "late". Honestly 8 is already 1am Bangkok time so got to get use to.

Whenever I go to Spain - I need to prepare myself for their strange working hours. My colleagues come into the office late, around 10am.
1pm-4pm is "lunch and a siesta" and then they stay very late in the office until 9-10pm.

Very different from my colleagues in Scandinavia - they are in at 7am and then are all gone by 3pm. When you schedule global meetings, you have to take into account all these work culture peculiarities.

Beautiful photos bro. I enjoyed the photos of TG premium class.
I head to BKK next week to continue my 100% record of being there whenever you are away :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Whenever I go to Spain - I need to prepare myself for their strange working hours. My colleagues come into the office late, around 10am.
1pm-4pm is "lunch and a siesta" and then they stay very late in the office until 9-10pm.

Very different from my colleagues in Scandinavia - they are in at 7am and then are all gone by 3pm. When you schedule global meetings, you have to take into account all these work culture peculiarities.

Beautiful photos bro. I enjoyed the photos of TG premium class.
I head to BKK next week to continue my 100% record of being there whenever you are away :smile:

Now in Zaragoza, yes many restaurants here open from 1-4pm and then 8pm-1am. Strange. In Madrid I don't really feel is cos its more cosmopolitan I guess. Geez such bad luck to miss you again in LOS. Anyway enjoy.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Asked the hotel staff to recommend a tapas place for locals he told us to go t Platea at Plaza de Colon, upmarket nice music and great tapas: