• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bullying incident at Shuqun Secondary: This school is really a disappointment

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
On 18 September 2015, a 52 second video clip of an alleged bullying classroom incident at Shuqun Secondary School was captured and posted online. It has since gone viral, and unsurprisingly many netizens have expressed outrage over what happened. A Facebook user Miss Dollie Nanayo Lim did not mince her words as she chastised both the Ministry of Education (MOE) as well as Shuqun Secondary's principal and discipline master:

"This isn’t the first time such a bullying incident has happened in the school. What exactly were the principal and discipline master doing? Why are most of the bullies from the school’s volleyball CCA? Discipline should be instilled in all students regardless of which CCA they pursue. I reckon caning is probably not even harsh enough to wake those bullies up. The principal of that school only wants to brush parents off so as to avoid unwanted media scrutiny.

Even the discipline master Mr Tang Chee Kuan who was a former police officer wasn’t capable of disciplining those notorious students. The principal, Chia Hai Siang, should implement tighter disciplinary protocols instead of simply focusing on academic results. If he is unable to manage, he should step down instead of ruining future generation of kids. These students might have a bright future if they are groomed with proper discipline. So MOE please stop closing one eye and specifically target what's really wrong with our younger generation instead of just harping on academic achievement.

See more at Bullying incident at Shuqun Secondary: This school is really a disappointment

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Spare the rod and spoil the child

These brats will end up roaming the streets

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;ffxRnKVIXsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxRnKVIXsI[/video]

Aiyoh, so mild call bullying?

Back in the day, we had wrestling matches at school. :wink:

We are a nation of sissies. Do you know why bullying occurs? Because the victim allowed it to happen.

If a kid doesn't stand up for himself at such a young age, in future he'll be bullied at work, bullied by his wife, bullied by random strangers. A human doormat simply invites others to step on it. If you don't want others to step on you, don't be a doormat. Simple as that.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let Clint Eastwood teach you manhood.

[video=youtube;MhjkY45ztH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhjkY45ztH0[/video]

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
All it requires to stop the saga is to give the bully one bloody punch on the face! It'll take him by surprise. Once he sees blood, he'll think twice about trying to mess with the victim again.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's provocative touching but not violent slapping. the slaps and muscle squeezing that i get from a gorilla masseuse are bordering on violence. :eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All it requires to stop the saga is to give the bully one bloody punch on the face! It'll take him by surprise. Once he sees blood, he'll think twice about trying to mess with the victim again.

Sinkies have been conditioned in the ways of learned helplessness, also they are scared of 'causing trouble' or 'receiving complaints'.

Perhaps a tiny bit of Christian nonsense had also seeped into the mindset e.g. 'the meek shall inherit the earth' or 'turn the other cheek'.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies have been conditioned in the ways of learned helplessness, also they are scared of 'causing trouble' or 'receiving complaints'.

Perhaps a tiny bit of Christian nonsense had also seeped into the mindset e.g. 'the meek shall inherit the earth' or 'turn the other cheek'.

That's what I did to one bastard who tried to bully me back in school. His upper lip bled profusely and they called in the ambulance. My father was asked to see the principal. But once he stepped out of the principal office, he gave me the thumbs up and said "Good job son!"

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Victim in alleged bullying case at Shuqun Secondary files police report

SINGAPORE - The mother of one of the victims in a case of alleged bullying at Shuqun Secondary School has made a police report, The Straits Times understands.

A clip of the incident, which happened last Friday (Sept 18), shows a male student from the school hitting two others on their heads repeatedly. Both victims kept their heads bowed and did not retaliate.

Education Minister Heng Swee Keat, responding to questions about the incident on the sidelines of the Ministry of Education's work plan seminar, said on Tuesday that the ministry will be looking into the case.

The school said on Monday (Sept 21) that it is counselling the students involved . It also revealed that an adjunct teacher was in the classroom when the incident happened. Adjunct teachers are former and retired teachers who work on flexible terms.

Related Story
Adjunct teacher present when bullying was going on in Shuqun Secondary classroom: School reveals

The school said it has since spoken to the teacher. The actual subject teacher was on childcare leave.

The school said then in an e-mail reply: "What might first begin as playfulness could potentially end up hurting others. The student involved has been counselled and he deeply regrets his actions."

TOPICS: MINISTRY OF EDUCATIONVIRAL VIDEOS

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looking at the clip, i am worried that my children will be bullied.
please tell me which kind of self defense is good ? i want my children to learn self defense.
karate
taekwando

which is better for street fighting?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think karate is better for self defense? one punch one kill?
sorry please guide me

When I was age, I have brought 'bullies' like that behind the school sports room, where no eyes can see, & have a one to one...the 'one' that dare bully, will get a black eye, in which they never report, I had one, even became my lifelong friend till now.

Those boys are a wimp...:mad: the parents are those 70% who gets bullied by the 'PAP"...they are 'slapped around'...they just bow their heads...& you want these to serve National Service..omg!!:rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looking at the clip, i am worried that my children will be bullied.
please tell me which kind of self defense is good ? i want my children to learn self defense.
karate
taekwando

which is better for street fighting?

An instant solution is to pack a weapon.
No need to be a weapon weapon but a sharp pointy pen, a bunch of keys or nail clipper close at hand will do.
A Swiss knife is also good if your boy is in the scouts or the boys brigade......brandishing a knife will also most likely scare the bullies away without actually resorting to violence.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
My days, be it within school or between-school bullying, we settle behind New World Amusement Park. This who old enough will know that area who controlled it and who hangs around that area.

One-on-one bare hands, friends and supporters cannot help no matter what happens. Some became friends after that session, some landed in hospital condition unknown. Those were the days bullying carries the actual meaning of bullying.