• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF ? Is this Real ? New Zealand Government Entices Singaporeans to Emigrate

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singapore.coconuts.co/2014/11/24/new-zealand-government-entices-singaporeans-emigrate

LOL

Netizens have been all aflutter these past few days over New Zealand Immigration’s recent call for new citizens from Singapore.

The New Zealand Now site invites Singaporeans to pack up their bags and become a New Zealand citizen, listing all the perks of living in the Pacific island country.

Among them are cool weather, a great work/life balance and natural beauty. There's also subsidised education and healthcare, and of course, the carrot typically offered to stressed out Singaporeans: much lower living cost.

“Depending on your needs and situation, you could find the cost of living in New Zealand rather cheaper than you’re used to. To put that into perspective, Singapore was rated the world’s 4th most expensive city to live in by Mercer’s Cost of Living Survey. By comparison, Auckland was way down the rankings at 58th and Wellington even less expensive at 75th,” they wrote.

The website makes it known that New Zealand has a workforce shortage, and interested applicants are welcome to check which skills are most needed in the country.

And what does the government think about this? Probably nothing good — our population's dying out as it is and the last thing we need is for couples to aspire to making Hobbit babies instead of Lion cubs.

Anyone has already migrated to New Zealand ? Pls post your experience or if you feel shy, PM me ( Except Leongsam ) :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam is a resident of NZ ...he lives with deep regret for leaving sinkapore to move to NZ. You may want to tap his wisdom on relocating to NZ.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam is a resident of NZ ...he lives with deep regret for leaving sinkapore to move to NZ. You may want to tap his wisdom on relocating to NZ.

Don't believe that joker words. If really NZ is bad, he would have return to Singapore long time ago and not now complaining. Or he would have relocated to other country.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The air should be cleaner and fresher in NZ, right? :wink:
Don't forget that NZ is earthquake-prone. Go to the USA; that's where my wife, daughter and granddaughter will be heading to in the next few weeks.

The same time next year my wife and I will have become US citizens and get our entire CPF savings back.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget that NZ is earthquake-prone. Go to the USA; that's where my wife, daughter and granddaughter will be heading to in the next few weeks.

The same time next year my wife and I will have become US citizens and get our entire CPF savings back.

All beautiful countries are earthquake-prone. That's why you get the mountains.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NZ is really boring. If you are someone who sleeps at 7pm, it should suit you fine.

Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Auckland if one wants some action. If want super quiet life, all other kampongs there.

Been there several times. Found Dunedin to be quite charming.