• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News - SDP to Join Force With WP ???

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Estimated 100k New citizens voters first time and also LKY Sympathy effect. Not really all is due to young voters.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
He wrote: "Given the outcome of the polls, I think so too. I'll discuss the idea with my CEC colleagues when we meet later this week.
"Will keep you posted."
He also shared that he spent the weekend quietly with his family.

(THE NEW PAPER) -*When Dr Chee Soon Juan’s daughter E Lyn returned home one day with a poor score in her mathematics test, she was afraid to show her father the results.
E Lyn, now 13, says she was fearful her father would scold her.

On Friday, the tables were turned.
It was Dr Chee, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), who had returned with a less-than-satisfactory report card.
The SDP candidates, led by Dr Chee, lost to the People’s Action Party (PAP) team in the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.
The margin of defeat -*33.38 per cent of valid votes won -*was well below the 39.92 per cent obtained in the 2011 General Election.
This despite great expectations from pundits and indications on the ground.
Sitting in a room with other candidates at the SDP office in Ang Mo Kio, E Lyn and her sister An Lyn, 16, and brother Shaw Hur, 11, sensed their father’s disappointment.
“Maybe it’s not the time. (But) there will be a time in the future,” An Lyn tells The New Paper on Sunday early yesterday morning.

Dr Chee Soon Juan's two daughters (from left) An Lyn, 16, E Lyn, 13 and son Shaw Hur, 11. PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

MINOR SETBACK

The defeat is a minor setback, adds E Lyn, reflecting a maturity beyond her years.
So no, you are not likely to see the last of Dr Chee.
“Just keep going and don’t give up,” she says of the future.
“This time it doesn’t matter because next time he can work harder.”
Recently, the siblings and their mother made a video clip to wish Dr Chee, 53, luck in the General Election.
In that video, E Lyn says that despite her poor maths results, her father comforted her and told her not to care about the results as long as she had put in the effort.
Son Shaw Hur had tried to comfort his father during those tense moments when the bad news filtered into the room at the SDP office.
A tired-looking Dr Chee, a former psychology lecturer at the National University of Singapore, sat at the end of a table staring at a laptop screen.
Shaw Hur, a cherubic teen who occasionally stepped outside the room with E Lyn to study the results that were projected on a wall, noticed his father “was kind of quiet in the room”.
Shaw Hur says: “I feel proud of him that he didn’t get so down about not winning this time in the election.”

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sympathy EFFECT is confirmed the MAIN Cause. Just look at the total estimated crowd turn up for LKY Funeral, easily MORE than 1.5 Million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it? I am glad we have many 20/20 hindsight Zhuge Liangs in our forum. :rolleyes:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Liu Bei and Sun Quan may not like or trust each other, but against a more powerful common enemy they have to work together.

In politics, every leader aspires to be the PM. No 2 tigers on a single hill. CSJ may propose but LTK will not dispose.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer to use Outlaws From The Marsh as the reference, because what Song Jiang did initially to recruit the top generals one by one was nothing short of remarkable. :wink:

after looking at 水浒传 I really hate 松江 Song Jiang... 不要诏安啊大哥!If you use that as an analogy, that means whoever is Song Jiang is going to join PAP eventually... and risk their base camp destroyed forever!

better use 古惑仔 better... haha, the show that's banned in Singapore...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is no interests that benefit the WP to join force with SDP so that will never happen. it's clear that the WP would rather stay apart from the rest of the Opposition.