• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blame the WP and not the PAP for this election result

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is pap won on sympathy votes.

The massive wp rally turnouts convinced the neutrals that its going to be a landslide for wp and hence they voted for pap to make the final score a bit more respectable.

Unfortunately too many thought that way.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgGrObgNdxg

The PAP won an election. The PAP did not win a DEMOCRATIC election.

You can paste a video link with with the icon on the second row, forth from the right.

[video=youtube;zgGrObgNdxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgGrObgNdxg[/video]

That being said, a good craftsman does not blame their tools for not producing the work he wanted. He has to acknowledge that with poor tools comes poor results, but with improvisation he can still make good work. That was what LTK did with Hougang. SDP, please learn to play. (Henceforth referred to as LTP)

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is pap won on sympathy votes.

The massive wp rally turnouts convinced the neutrals that its going to be a landslide for wp and hence they voted for pap to make the final score a bit more respectable.

Unfortunately too many thought that way.

If it were that simple... WP would have already asked for sympathy votes... It's not that simple my friend.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....nobody is to be blamed.....it is a freak result...an unexpected result for both papee and oppo...
since it is freak result, it cannot be explained by any logical reasoning...no National or local issues can explain the big swing in vote towards papeee....
it was just an accident that happened.....
1. the ground was so called sweet for oppo...everybody expected them to do well...
2. the swing voters are sensible people who wants the best of both world......they want a papee gahmen with some oppo representation in parliament...
3. in the past they may have voted for oppo but that does not say they support oppo parties....
4. in 2015, they voted for papee thinking that his neighbor will vote for oppo....however his neighbor (and neighbor's neighbor) also had the same thought and did the same thing.....hence the unexpected results...

Fact is around 70% voted for papee....so those who cried foul play and fraud and new citizens etc...are barking the wrong trees again...
Fact is not all 70% who voted for papees actually supported papee.......so those who keep harping that 70% of voters support papeee is missing the point.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a nutshell, singkies are assholes,,,if u do not support PAP u vote for them for what??? that is just stupidity,,,please stop defending the shit singkies

hahaha.....nobody is to be blamed.....it is a freak result...an unexpected result for both papee and oppo...
since it is freak result, it cannot be explained by any logical reasoning...no National or local issues can explain the big swing in vote towards papeee....
it was just an accident that happened.....
1. the ground was so called sweet for oppo...everybody expected them to do well...
2. the swing voters are sensible people who wants the best of both world......they want a papee gahmen with some oppo representation in parliament...
3. in the past they may have voted for oppo but that does not say they support oppo parties....
4. in 2015, they voted for papee thinking that his neighbor will vote for oppo....however his neighbor (and neighbor's neighbor) also had the same thought and did the same thing.....hence the unexpected results...

Fact is around 70% voted for papee....so those who cried foul play and fraud and new citizens etc...are barking the wrong trees again...
Fact is not all 70% who voted for papees actually supported papee.......so those who keep harping that 70% of voters support papeee is missing the point.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a nutshell, singkies are assholes,,,if u do not support PAP u vote for them for what??? that is just stupidity,,,please stop defending the shit singkies
hahaha....you think those who voted for oppo really support the oppo party???
by the same reasoning, they are stupid?????

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Total voting population around 2.2m. True blue sg probably around 2.5m. Deduct off bottom 30% would probably yield around 1.7m possible true blue voters.

Opposition captured around 30% or 600+k, meaning at least 1m true blue sg voted for PAP. Hence, the swing is caused by useless Singaporeans and not New citizens.

I know i have generalised the numbers, but conceptually it does not change the picture

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Total voting population around 2.2m. True blue sg probably around 2.5m. Deduct off bottom 30% would probably yield around 1.7m possible true blue voters.

Opposition captured around 30% or 600+k, meaning at least 1m true blue sg voted for PAP. Hence, the swing is caused by useless Singaporeans and not New citizens.

I know i have generalised the numbers, but conceptually it does not change the picture

i Knew a new citizen(PRC) vote opposition.

hahahaha, see what PAP gets!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good point...and singkies are too thick to accept blame,,they blame WP, blame New Shitizens, Blame Mudland, blame their ancestors,,but they are the ones that put the X on the Pap Logo on the ballot paper,,,

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
My crude reasoning of this election result compared to GE2011.

I think the opposition did well against PAP in GE2011, partly because of what happened in the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) and the subsequent great recession. Many people were retrenched, many people lost substantial money in investments like Lehman Bros minibonds, and many people went bankrupt. PAP did very little to help these people, especially middle-income, who had suffered during the recession. As a result many middle-income people voted for opposition in GE2011 to vent their anger, the protest votes was high at around 35%.

The near zero interest rates by central banks since GFC have fuelled an abnormal economic recovery through the explosion of debt and investments, this has created jobs and asset bubbles. Many middle-income people have since found new jobs and made some money. They have completely forgotten about the last recession, and switch to vote for PAP in this GE.

Besides the feel good factor of SG50, I suspect PAP called for the early election because Singapore could be entering another recession. Singapore job creation is stagnating, retrenchment is rising, salaries are stagnating, property prices have been dropping and the Fed could soon be raising interest rates.

In the recession, many of these people who voted for PAP could lose their jobs or lose their savings in investments, or go bankrupt, and the suffering begins again. But when they get screwed by PAP again, I will be laughing at them. They will get no sympathy from me because that's what they voted for, they deserve to get screwed by PAP.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
My crude reasoning of this election result compared to GE2011.

I think the opposition did well against PAP in GE2011, partly because of what happened in the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) and the subsequent great recession. Many people were retrenched, many people lost substantial money in investments like Lehman Bros minibonds, and many people went bankrupt. PAP did very little to help these people, especially middle-income, who had suffered during the recession. As a result many middle-income people voted for opposition in GE2011 to vent their anger, the protest votes was high at around 35%.

The near zero interest rates by central banks since GFC have fuelled an abnormal economic recovery through the explosion of debt and investments, this has created jobs and asset bubbles. Many middle-income people have since found new jobs and made some money. They have completely forgotten about the last recession, and switch to vote for PAP in this GE.

Besides the feel good factor of SG50, I suspect PAP called for the early election because Singapore could be entering another recession. Singapore job creation is stagnating, retrenchment is rising, salaries are stagnating, property prices have been dropping and the Fed could soon be raising interest rates.

In the recession, many of these people who voted for PAP could lose their jobs or lose their savings in investments, or go bankrupt, and the suffering begins again. But when they get screwed by PAP again, I will be laughing at them. They will get no sympathy from me because that's what they voted for, they deserve to get screwed by PAP.

good analysis!!! thats why the elections were put forward. i will be sad to see folks who lose jobs and lost investments... but that's going to be the case...

unless some form of Economic Reforms are done during this period of Recession, Singapore will never rise up again to be strong... The Economic Reforms must happen NOW! But, I'm just 1 person...

Can't help the 70pct who loves to be assfucked.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't have said it better. All in all, this Election is rigged. It's not a democratic election. It's more of a Dictatorship in this case. The control from PAP government is far, wide, deep.

By your logic, GE 2011 was also rigged.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
By your logic, GE 2011 was also rigged.

Agreed... as with the Elections prior, and back date to the beginning of Singapore politics... when LKY took over... LKY have already constructed a moat of defense against opposition party from joining the Parliament... and LKY is a firm believer of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccolò_Machiavelli Machiavelli principles of "THE PRINCE" political treatise. Please read it, and when you compare the book with LKY's political career from 1963 till his demise, you will know what I am talking about...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
good analysis!!! thats why the elections were put forward. i will be sad to see folks who lose jobs and lost investments... but that's going to be the case...

unless some form of Economic Reforms are done during this period of Recession, Singapore will never rise up again to be strong... The Economic Reforms must happen NOW! But, I'm just 1 person...

Can't help the 70pct who loves to be assfucked.

Sad to say Singapore under PAP will forever be susceptible to such global turmoils. Of course, people will say that we are a small country and hence such, but i think a key issue is that PAP mini-stars and their Perm-Secs are all bankrupt of ideas. People are selected based on kinship and not abilities and such people will never be able to innovate and create solutions for our country.

As a case in point, SG being the most expensive city in the world is still relying heavily on manufacturing to drive our numbers.

I have yet to see a clear direction set by PAP to drive us forward in the short to mid term, other than cheaper, faster and betterer.

They keep talking about productivity without really understanding how to drive productivity, hence the large number of cheating cases with PIC grants.

This is a very sad state of affair and a lot of people fail to see this. Singapore has not really collapse because our past leaders have foresight and have amassed a large reserve. However, these monies will not last forever and will eventually be squandered away by the current team. One clear sign of this happening is when instead of growing our reserves, the govt is often thinking of ways to take more from the people to put into the reserves.

Hence, I conclude that the economic cycles will repeat itself every 7 to 8 years and each hit will be worse than the last because our esteemed leaders just do not have any idea how to buffer against it and they will just keep throwing money at it. One day, there will be no more water to be squeezed from the rock and the well will run dry....sigh...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too much hindsight 20/20 bullshido here. you would be credible only if you predict a more than 65% mandate for the pap 6 months ago. not now with all these usual post-ge finger-pointing, blaming and "i know better than you", "my insider knowledge is more tok kong than yours" sinkie bravado and boastfulness. hindsight 20/20 means jackshit to me. :rolleyes:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
we shall wait and see... see how PAP perform for the next 5 years...

how come examinations got yearly exams, and politicians only get to be checked for after 5 years?

any ideas about by elections? if within the 5 years the customers are not satisfied with the performer?