• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am afraid many people may die of heart-attack on Sep 12

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fears are unfounded ...

PAP returned with a resounding win of close to 70% ; a big jump from GE2011.

Instead of having heart attacks, many PAP MPs were in good cheers , surprised by the unexpected huge win. Even PM LHL expressed that the results exceeded his expectations and vowed to meet the expectations of Singaporeans who supported them.

On the contrary, I commiserate with the Opps. They had put in a great effort in the campaign, but the results didn't turn out as one would have expected, judging by the huge turnout of people at the Opps 's rallies night after night.

GE rally.jpg

It is still unclear what went wrong. Why didn't the mass attendance in Opp's rally translate to actual voting results for the Opps ?

I am sure WP and SDP as well as political analysts will be examining this interesting phenomenon in the coming weeks.

I worry that some of the Opps may suffer mental breakdown seeing the rally attendance and the final GE's results.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fears are unfounded ...

PAP returned with a resounding win of close to 70% ; a big jump from GE2011.

Instead of having heart attacks, many PAP MPs were in good cheers , surprised by the unexpected huge win. Even PM LHL expressed that the results exceeded his expectations and vowed to meet the expectations of Singaporeans who supported them.

On the contrary, I commiserate with the Opps. They had put in a great effort in the campaign, but the results didn't turn out as one would have expected, judging by the huge turnout of people at the Opps 's rallies night after night.

View attachment 23890

It is still unclear what went wrong. Why didn't the mass attendance in Opp's rally translate to actual voting results for the Opps ?

I am sure WP and SDP as well as political analysts will be examining this interesting phenomenon in the coming weeks.

I worry that some of the Opps may suffer mental breakdown seeing the rally attendance and the final GE's results.

Ignoring the results for the rest of the country I dont understand how such a massive rally even bigger than the previous could result in such a decline in wp ratings in aljunied alone.that alone is so suspicious.30,000 turn up for a rally yet nobody want to vote for them?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Dr Chee's mass rally didn't help him garner strong support in the GE results.

I would have thought so , judging by his superb delivery of his first rally speech and the fact that many supporters turned up to listen to him at the rally and even queued up to buy his book.

It is still unclear what went wrong ... for one, it goes to show that Sinkies are a pragmatic lot. They are not easily taken in by high-sounding rhetoric and idealism.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Dr Chee's mass rally didn't help him garner strong support in the GE results.

I would have thought so , judging by his superb delivery of his first rally speech and the fact that many supporters turned up to listen to him at the rally and even queued up to buy his book.

It is still unclear what went wrong ... for one, it goes to show that Sinkies are a pragmatic lot. They are not easily taken in by high-sounding rhetoric and idealism.

In the case of HBT GRC, two likely explanation:

1. The fighting ground was so uneven - The PAP has a lot more resources

During the early part of the campaign. The PAP pretty much left HBT GRC alone to the SDP, thinking they were no fight.

They did not expect that Dr CSJ could make such a significant impact and momentum with his speeches. They started noticing CSJ after CSJ's massive lunchtime rally crowd on Monday, 7 Sep. and immediately after that, the PAP started printing all these glossy propaganda materials and flooded the whole HBT GRC.

On the last day of the campaign, ie. 9 Sep 2015 the day just before the cooling off day, they flooded EACH and EVERY house in HBT GRC with a glossy brochure/ fearmongering propaganda materials attacking and misinterpreting the SDP proposed policy alternatives to the electorate there. Which party, except the PAP could have this kind of resources, to pay and do the printing and distribution of these materials to 95000 households in two days?

How could the SDP, with its meager resources, fight back the PAP at that time? The only thing that the SDP could do was to mention the fact at their last rally at Clementi Ave 6 on 9 Sep.

This was true because I have a very good friend living in HBT GRC who changed her mind from voting for the SDP to the PAP on the last day.

2. PAP used unsavory and underhanded character assassination on Dr CSJ

On 7 Sep evening, Sim Ann and Dr VB started their character attack on Dr CSJ, during the PAP Rally speeches. The PAP was desperate and stooped so low to use character assassination to win votes. And it worked. Dr Chee SJ, on the other hand, wanted to fight fairly and gentlemanly, and did not want to return an eye for an eye, and did not say anything bad about Sim Ann and Dr VB. Watch this famous (or infamous) Sim Ann "chu pattern" video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORzQ8eW3pQ

I am not against the PAP. But when a party used such methods to stay in power, I find it very undemocratic and very difficult to respect them. But like what Dr CSJ said, what is the point of gaining the whole world and lose your own soul.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Sep 13 and all seem well. :p

The landslide victory for PAP has saved the day for LHL and his PAP MPs.

Imagine if PAP were to lose 3 ministers LSS ( East Coast GRC ) , VB (Holland Bukit Timah GRC ) and TCJ (Marine Parade GRC) in this GE after all they have done

1. SG50 celebrations
2. Pioneer Generation package
3. Policy changes after 2011GE
4. LTY opt out from GE2015 ( sacrificial lamb )
5. LKY memory

I am sure it must be very hard for PAP ministers and supporters not to suffer heart attack if that happens. Thank goodness it didn't materialize.

It goes to show that Sinkies do not want the PAP government to be crippled by a loss of ministers again. I think they probably learnt the lesson well from GE2011 when Minister George Yeo was voted out from the Aljunied GRC. It was a painful lesson for LHL and his team, but they managed to cope well and made good on their promises to improve on housing, healthcare, transport and immigration policies. Sinkies has noted the change since 2011 GE and therefore come out in full force to show their endorsement to the revamped PAP leaderhsip in GE 2015.

Last edited:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The landslide victory for PAP has saved the day for LHL and many PAP MPs with weak hearts.

Imagine if PAP were to lose 3 ministers LSS ( East Coast GRC ) , VB (Holland Bukit Timah GRC ) and TCJ (Marine Parade GRC) in this GE after all they have done

1. SG50 celebrations
4. LTY opt out from the GE2015
5. LKY memory

I am sure it must be very hard for PAP ministers and supporter not to suffer heart attack if that happens. Thank goodness it didn't materialize.

It goes to show that Sinkie do not want the PAP government to be crippled by a loss of ministers. I think they probably learnt the lesson well from GE2011 when Minister George Yeo was voted out from the Aljunied GRC.

There are quite a number of oppo candidates who are good enough to be ministers.

Dr Paul T, for example, can better the current Health Minister anytime.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like everyone seems well. :p

The landslide victory for PAP has saved the day for LHL and his PAP MPs.

1. SG50 celebrations
4. LTY opt out from GE2015 ( sacrificial lamb )
5. LKY memory

I am sure it must be very hard for PAP ministers and supporters not to suffer heart attack if that happens. Thank goodness it didn't materialize.

It goes to show that Sinkies do not want the PAP government to be crippled by a loss of ministers again. I think they probably learnt the lesson well from GE2011 when Minister George Yeo was voted out from the Aljunied GRC. It was a painful lesson for LHL and his team, but they managed to cope well and made good on their promises to improve on housing, healthcare, transport and immigration policies. Sinkies has noted the change since 2011 GE and therefore come out in full force to show their endorsement to the revamped PAP leaderhsip in GE 2015.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are quite a number of oppo candidates who are good enough to be ministers.

Dr Paul T, for example, can better the current Health Minister anytime.

If TSL, VB, KBW, ... are ministers, it is harder to find someone who can't be a minister.