• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast GRC - Workers' Party vs PAP

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• byline-aaron-low.jpg
    byline-aaron-low.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,884

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
The team from Workers' Party that will PAP in East Coast GRC

Attachments

• east coast grc1.jpg
    east coast grc1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,992

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST: WP won’t win East Coast GRC

ST Deputy News Editor Aaron Low wrote an article today (‘GE 2015: Just how hot are things over in East Coast GRC?’, 5 Sep) suggesting that WP won’t win East Coast GRC in the GE, which is slated to be held on Sep 11.

Mr Low acknowledged that East Coast GRC is the hot constituency of 2015, much like Aljunied GRC in 2011. He noted that WP is sending its second best team, not its “A” team to East Coast.

He questioned if East Coast is really a tough fight for PAP this time. He thinks WP is “swimming against the tide”.

“Is it really? The numbers seem to suggest that while it may be a hard battle, WP is swimming against the tide,” the ST editor said.

“For one thing, Fengshan, which was originally part of East Coast in 2011, has been amputated from the GRC after electoral boundaries were redrawn. WP is said to have scored the highest in Fengshan in 2011, causing analysts to say its carving out was a way of saving East Coast from falling to the WP.”

Secondly, Mr Low argued that WP is not sending its “A” team to East Coast this time, unlike Aljunied in 2011.

“This is the idea that if voters voted for PAP there (in Aljunied), they would be voting out not just the top opposition leaders in Mr Low Thia Khiang, Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Chen Show Mao but also possibly leaving Singapore bereft of any opposition at all. The vote in Aljunied swung by 10.8 percentage points against the PAP,” he explained.

This is not the situation in East Coast in this GE.

Mr Low didn’t think that even with a nation swing against PAP, it’s unlikely for East Coast to fall.

“The PAP has done quite a bit to fix some of the problems that lost the party votes in 2011,” Mr Low argued for PAP.

“Housing prices have moderated; foreign worker growth has fallen, although it is still a sore issue for some voters. Transport will require a long-term solution but the Government is boosting the number of buses and trains to add capacity.”

Also, Mr Low noted that PAP has been more prepared for the fight in East Coast than it was in 2011 for Aljunied.

“After the last GE, it was clear WP was ascendant and that they would target East Coast next. Mr Lim (Swee Say) said PAP has been preparing for this GE in East Coast since the last election, and it shows,” he said.

He noted that PAP has listed a number of improvement works in East Coast. So, Mr Low concluded that the PAP has worked to solve problems at the municipal level.

Another ST journalist Tham Yuen-C, the Assistant Political Editor, also echoed what his colleague Aaron Low wrote about WP today.

Mr Tham in his article, ‘WP hoping for a breakthrough on third contest here’, commented, “In East Coast GRC, it (WP) hopes to get lucky on its third try.”
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/09/05/st-wp-wont-win-east-coast-grc/

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: ST: WP won’t win East Coast GRC

Alamak! Means I need to dedicate more kopi sessions at EC GRC!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

If he wrote in favour of the WP, he will lose his job. Period.

belnibone

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Raymond Lim was a millstone around their necks but not many like Zorro too so I think its still going to be fairly close notwithstanding Fengshan being carved out.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ST just admitted that the elections department is an instrument of the PAP. :rolleyes:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

ST Deputy News Editor Aaron Low wrote an article today (‘GE 2015: Just how hot are things over in East Coast GRC?’, 5 Sep) suggesting that WP won’t win East Coast GRC in the GE, which is slated to be held on Sep 11.

Mr Low acknowledged that East Coast GRC is the hot constituency of 2015, much like Aljunied GRC in 2011. He noted that WP is sending its second best team, not its “A” team to East Coast.

He questioned if East Coast is really a tough fight for PAP this time. He thinks WP is “swimming against the tide”.

“Is it really? The numbers seem to suggest that while it may be a hard battle, WP is swimming against the tide,” the ST editor said.

“For one thing, Fengshan, which was originally part of East Coast in 2011, has been amputated from the GRC after electoral boundaries were redrawn. WP is said to have scored the highest in Fengshan in 2011, causing analysts to say its carving out was a way of saving East Coast from falling to the WP.”

Secondly, Mr Low argued that WP is not sending its “A” team to East Coast this time, unlike Aljunied in 2011.

“This is the idea that if voters voted for PAP there (in Aljunied), they would be voting out not just the top opposition leaders in Mr Low Thia Khiang, Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Chen Show Mao but also possibly leaving Singapore bereft of any opposition at all. The vote in Aljunied swung by 10.8 percentage points against the PAP,” he explained.

This is not the situation in East Coast in this GE.

Mr Low didn’t think that even with a nation swing against PAP, it’s unlikely for East Coast to fall.

“The PAP has done quite a bit to fix some of the problems that lost the party votes in 2011,” Mr Low argued for PAP.

“Housing prices have moderated; foreign worker growth has fallen, although it is still a sore issue for some voters. Transport will require a long-term solution but the Government is boosting the number of buses and trains to add capacity.”

Also, Mr Low noted that PAP has been more prepared for the fight in East Coast than it was in 2011 for Aljunied.

“After the last GE, it was clear WP was ascendant and that they would target East Coast next. Mr Lim (Swee Say) said PAP has been preparing for this GE in East Coast since the last election, and it shows,” he said.

He noted that PAP has listed a number of improvement works in East Coast. So, Mr Low concluded that the PAP has worked to solve problems at the municipal level.

Another ST journalist Tham Yuen-C, the Assistant Political Editor, also echoed what his colleague Aaron Low wrote about WP today.

Mr Tham in his article, ‘WP hoping for a breakthrough on third contest here’, commented, “In East Coast GRC, it (WP) hopes to get lucky on its third try.”
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/09/05/st-wp-wont-win-east-coast-grc/

What improvements?
When residents from Lucky Ht complained abt not benefitting from silver handouts........ Zerro advised write appeal which many did but got played out as their appleals were forwarded to MOF n from there to the trash bins

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Readers, please don't blame me. I need to feed my family. Was told any honest assessments in favour of WP would mean a transfer to the security office.

He is WP's mole in PAP camp. He writes to make PAP look cocky and WP the underdogs. This will sway the middle ground voters to WP.

Those bo lan jee sinkie voters like candidates like Gerald Giam. Kwai kwai, not confrontational, not overbearing with good looks like Teo Ser Luck. Gerald Giam represents a big section of Singapore males, and girls find guys like Gerald Giam "very safe' one. The perfect choice for fence sitters.

Just be careful on the last day of campaign, no more poison pen letters on Professor Casanova.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Shitty Times is the last source of news I would seek to garner impartial objective information. Not even fit to wipe my anus.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Fucking pap mouthpiece trying to sow doubts in the minds of WP voters in EC. That they will be in the minority should they vote WP. Nice try, not going to work.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking pap mouthpiece trying to sow doubts in the minds of WP voters in EC. That they will be in the minority should they vote WP. Nice try, not going to work.

Expect something similar for MP over the next few days. They will siam Fengshan coz they know it is gone case.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If he wrote in favour of the WP, he will lose his job. Period.

Honestly, I buy the Shit Times only from Tuesday, & thereafter on certain days, on Saturday that comes with a bulky amount of papers I am willing to pay $1. I use to read the comics page, but that had been reduced, nowadays I don't. I read mainly the obituaries for there are people I have not met for ages..who may have gone & mostly the papers are for my canine to poop & pee on.

If you are talking about The Straits Times, when I was younger, I read it from page to page, even the advertisement page until I know many of the numbers for the columns, the sports pages, especially the Horse Racing ( I never gambled on horses) for the person writing the column was so interesting, the movie page some lady by the name of Mc? something & there were many articles INDEPENDENTLY written, not editorials by people who are "puppets on a string".

I used to read the afternoon tabloids, from the time it was, Singapore Herald to New Paper...then stopped ten years ago....it has nothing but gossips etc... The free paper, that you get at the MRT Stations on the way to work, I timed it takes me to complete the paper, on the average, 5 minutes & by the time I reach my Station destination, to goes to the bin, on my way out. I stopped taking the Free Paper....I never take MY PAPer...even when it was offered to me.

If the writers or the editors of the Shit Times, write an independent opinionated piece...I WORRY!:rolleyes:

Last edited: