• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just In - WP Just Send In An Undertaker !

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
wp1_0.jpg

GE2015: Workers' Party unveils final batch of candidates

SINGAPORE - A fifth and final batch of candidates was unveiled by the Workers' Party (WP) at its Syed Alwi Road headquarters on Monday (Aug 31) afternoon.

WP chairman Sylvia Lim and Hougang MP Png Eng Huat introduced the three faces - two of whom are new - to complete its 28-candidate slate for the Sept 11 polls. They are medical social worker Frieda Chan, 39; funeral services company executive Bernard Chen, 29; and research and consultancy firm CEO Leon Perera, 44.

The trio adds to the 16 names who had been announced in groups of four since Aug 26, which includes three previous candidates - Ms Chan, software engineer Koh Choong Yong, 42, and polytechnic lecturer L. Somasundaram, 52.

Mr Koh had stood in Sengkang West single-member constituency (SMC) at the 2011 General Election, while Ms Chan and Mr Somasundaram were in the team that contested the now-defunct Moulmein-Kallang group representation constituency (GRC).

Notable election newbies include corporate lawyer He Ting Ru, 32; sociologist Daniel Goh, 42; and former associate librarian Mohamed Fairoz Shariff, 36, who has been volunteering with the WP since 2004.

The party is keeping mum on which constituencies they will be fielded in, with its final line-up expected to be known only on Nomination Day on Tuesday.

It said previously that its seven incumbents will stay put to defend the WP-held wards of Aljunied GRC, as well as Hougang and Punggol East SMCs.

Party chief Low Thia Khiang, 58; Ms Lim, 50; Mr Chen Show Mao, 54; Mr Pritam Singh, 39; and Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap, 40 are the current Aljunied MPs. Mr Png, 53, serves Hougang while Ms Lee Li Lian, 37, is the Punggol East incumbent.

Non-Constituency MPs Gerald Giam and Yee Jenn Jong are also tipped to lead teams standing in East Coast and Marine Parade GRCs respectively.

The WP is fielding 28 candidates - up from 23 in 2011 - in five GRCs and five SMCs. Besides Aljunied, East Coast and Marine Parade, the other two GRCs are Jalan Besar and Nee Soon.

The five SMCs other than Hougang and Punggol East are Fengshan, MacPherson and Sengkang West.

Last Saturday, Non-Constituency MP Gerald Giam and five other members launched the party's 48-page manifesto, titled "Empower Your Future", and a new mobile app.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its for the PAP this coming election.

WP LTK is China educated. So beri supersititous.

WP's University of Oxford Trained
Undertaker Executive

bernard-chen-1-data.jpg

Mr Bernard Chen joined the WP in 2006 and is a project executive at Ang Chin Moh Foundation. A graduate of the National University of Singapore and the University of Oxford, Mr Chen said that he comes from a humble background – his father was a coffee-shop runner and his mother a cleaner.

At 29, he is the youngest candidate that WP has introduced this election. “I hope my participation in the WP will serve as an encouragement for Singaporeans to have a say in their future,” he said.

Mr Chen hopes to speak up for residents. “I believe residents' small issues are our big issues,” he said, adding that his “ideal Singapore” is not just an advanced country and economy, but also a “warm-hearted home”.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party (WP) introduced its final crop of potential General Election candidates on Monday (Aug 31).

The party has declared that it will contest 28 seats – five more than the 23 candidates it fielded in 2011 – but has said they will only announce the constituencies the candidates will contest on Nomination Day on Sep 1.

As the incumbent, the Workers' Party is expected to defend its seat in Aljunied GRC, Hougang SMC and Punggol East SMC. Ms Sylvia Lim earlier said that all the same teams will defend their constituencies.

leon-perera-data.jpg

Mr Leon Perera, 44, is the chief executive of Spire Research and Consulting. The former assistant head of the Economic Development Board’s Enterprise Development Division, Mr Perera graduated from Oxford University with double first-class honours. He is also an adviser for The Independent news website.

Married with two children, he started volunteering with WP for two years before joining as a member one-and-a-half years ago.

“Only with strong opposition can people be involved in asking big questions for our country,” he said. “Ultimately, economic development should mean each citizen’s ability to realise his or her full potential in the way he or she wants to.”

frieda-chan-data.jpg

Ms Frieda Chan, 39, contested the 2011 General Election under the WP banner in Moulmein-Kallang GRC. The social worker is married and gave birth to a son about six months ago.

At the press conference, Ms Chan spoke about various stresses on young parents and adults. “(There are still) many barriers that discourage couples from starting a family. As a young mother, I feel the stresses,” she said.

She also called for more support for caregivers. “There are a lot of gaps in the system. I hope that through policymaking, I can be an effective and productive member.”

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's University of Oxford Trained
Undertaker Executive

bernard-chen-1-data.jpg

Mr Bernard Chen joined the WP in 2006 and is a project executive at Ang Chin Moh Foundation. A graduate of the National University of Singapore and the University of Oxford, Mr Chen said that he comes from a humble background – his father was a coffee-shop runner and his mother a cleaner.

At 29, he is the youngest candidate that WP has introduced this election. “I hope my participation in the WP will serve as an encouragement for Singaporeans to have a say in their future,” he said.

Mr Chen hopes to speak up for residents. “I believe residents' small issues are our big issues,” he said, adding that his “ideal Singapore” is not just an advanced country and economy, but also a “warm-hearted home”.

AngChinMoh1.jpg