• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCJ: It's okay to distort what I say.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"You will have to accept that there will be people who are critics.
There will be people who will distort everything you say. But that's
okay."

-- Tan Chuan Jin, NewPaper, page 10, 30th August

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unlike some PAP losers who try to use police to threaten citizen. VOTE THEM OUT!!!

Shanmugam to file police report over misrepresentation of his comments on integration in Malaysian schools

SINGAPORE: Law and Foreign Affairs Minister K Shanmugam said he intends to file a police report over a Facebook post by activist Sangeetha Thanapal which he said "twisted" his comments made at a Singapore Press Club forum on Thursday (Aug 27).

"She unfortunately twisted what I had said and suggested that I was an 'Islamophobic bigot who thinks Malay-Muslims are a threat'," Mr Shanmugam wrote in a Facebook post on Friday evening.

Ms Sangeetha had written in a Facebook post addressed to Mr Shanmugam: "Who are you, an Indian, to be deciding what is that acceptable enough way to be Malay-Muslim?" She also suggested that Mr Shanmugam had "no problems with Chinese people becoming 'more Chinese'."

The post was shared more than 2,400 times before it was hidden from public view after 9pm.

Mr Shanmugam said at the Press Club event, he spoke on the issue of integration in the Malaysian education system.
His key points were:

1) The Chinese leadership in various local areas in Malaysia want to maintain control over the Chinese population. It suits them to have Chinese students go to Chinese schools instead of mainstream Malaysian schools. And the schools are more Chinese (because they are effectively single race).

2) At the same time, many mainstream schools in Malaysia are becoming more Malay (because the students are largely Malay) and Islamic (e.g. through the way some principals and teachers handle matters) which discourages the Chinese from going into those schools.

3) So you end up with having more Malays going to mainstream schools, and more Chinese going to Chinese schools. As a result, the different races are kept apart from a young age.

4) This makes integration more difficult.

"My point therefore was essentially that this is the predominant situation in the Malaysian education system. This is not good for integration," Mr Shanmugam explained. “The video clip of the news carried the essence of what I said, and this is also evident from the transcript of what I said.”

"What Ms Thanapal wrote is inaccurate and seditious, and attributes to me sentiments that I do not hold and have never held," he stated.

At 11pm, Mr Shanmugam reached out to Ms Sangeetha on Facebook. "Dear Madam, I hold no personal animosity towards you. Will be happy to speak with you" he wrote on her Facebook page. In response, Ms Sangeetha thanked him for agreeing to speak to her and replied: "I am very sorry for all that has happened. The post took on a life of its own and came out differently from how I intended."

On her website, Ms Sangeetha describes herself as an "independent scholar and social media activist engaged in anti-racism work in Singapore". Earlier this year, she started a petition urging the Government to make Thaipusam a calendar holiday.

- CNA/ly

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay."

TCJ concedes that, with social media, pap cant always use the MSM to cover up what he said wrongly.

The truth prevails.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay."

Please take note that ..'That is O.K' has an expiry date.

NO OTHER EXTENSION WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER 12 SEPT 2015. AND NO OTHER REASONS NEED TO BE GIVEN.

jw5

Loyal
"You will have to accept that elderly people collect cardboard for leisure and to get more exercise. There will be people who will distort their real reasons for doing so. But that's ok." :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It's a matter of time before this guy shows his true colours. He is scornful of online criticisms.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/963295180379924

Daryl Tam We will never realise what we have lost until it is too late...
Like · Reply · 79 · August 12 at 1:12am

Goh Poh Guan The netizens confirmed regret..
Like · 1 · August 12 at 1:18am

Tan Chuan-Jin No. They don't. Many will gloat and gun for more. The more hate they generate the better, the more gets torn down the better.
Like · 174 · August 12 at 1:24am

jw5

Loyal
Would have thought that he would be an advocate of turning the other cheek, then again maybe not.

It's a matter of time before this guy shows his true colours. He is scornful of online criticisms.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/963295180379924

Daryl Tam We will never realise what we have lost until it is too late...
Like · Reply · 79 · August 12 at 1:12am

Goh Poh Guan The netizens confirmed regret..
Like · 1 · August 12 at 1:18am

Tan Chuan-Jin No. They don't. Many will gloat and gun for more. The more hate they generate the better, the more gets torn down the better.
Like · 174 · August 12 at 1:24am

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
okay."

Boy Scout should simply shut his trap. Let ESM Goh do all the talking lah. You fcuked up enough as it is as MOM Minister. Our Party cannot trust you enough to lead team PAP to victory.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you all like to bully nice guys like Lao Goh and TCJ?

Go whack those bastards like Kee Chiu lah.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What TCJ really wanted to say:

Matthew 5:10
"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

No need to play the victim TCJ. You very own words indict you. Nothing is 'out of context'. You scum. :oIo: