• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4-Cornered Fight In Potong Pasir! Best Fengshui In Singapore!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
file6kzwl7ygd6atxhn47tf.jpg

SINGAPORE — Potong Pasir, which is the smallest constituency in terms of number of voters, is set to be one of the most hotly contested areas in the coming General Election (GE).

Former National Solidarity Party secretary-general Tan Lam Siong, who wants to stand in the GE as an independent candidate, is the latest to throw his hat into the ring. Mr Tan was speaking to reporters during a Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA) walkabout in the Sengkang area, which is part of Pasir Ris-Punggol Group Representation Constituency.

Mr Tan, who was there to show support for SDA chairman Desmond Lim, had previously indicated his interest to stand in the Whampoa single-seat ward. However, the constituency has been absorbed into Jalan Besar GRC, which has been re-introduced into the electoral map. Mr Tan said he decided to contest in Potong Pasir after spending time in the constituency for the past five days and getting feedback from residents that they want an alternative. He had also visited Jalan Besar GRC and the Mounbatten single-seat ward.

Potong Pasir was held by veteran Opposition figure Chiam See Tong for 27 years until the 2011 GE, where the People’s Action Party’s candidate, Mr Sitoh Yih Pin, won the seat against Mr Chiam’s wife, Lina.

Mrs Chiam has declared her intent to contest in Potong Pasir again while Democratic Progressive Party has also said it plans to put up a candidate there.

The opposition parties are scheduled to meet on Monday (Aug 3) for horse-trading talks, and Mr Tan said he will not attend the meeting.

Adding that he is not deterred by the prospect of a multi-cornered fight, he said: “Residents deserve a choice and they should relish (having the different options).” His campaign, which will adopt the slogan “My Singapore. My Home. My Kind of Town”, will be supported by community groups Project Awareness and Happy People, Mr Tan said.

Mr Tan noted that during his tenure as Potong Pasir MP, Mr Chiam, who is now 80, used a similar slogan for the estate, “Potong Pasir, My Kind of Town”. Mr Tan said he hopes to bring back the “kampong spirit” to the town.

In June, Mr Tan resigned from the NSP due to “incompatibility issues”, just five months after he was appointed as secretary-general.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...r-nsp-sec-gen-becomes-latest-declare-interest