• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M1 rolls out cheapest mobile plans

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Telco M1 has launched the cheapest mobile plan targeted at consumers who do not need to buy a new handset, upping the ante on competition.

Its most basic new subscription plan is priced at $30 a month for a 5GB data bundle, 300 minutes of talk-time and 1,000 SMS and MMS. Consumers need to sign a one-year contract.

Similar 5GB data mobile plans for customers who need a new subsidised handset cost at least $80 a month across all three telcos - Singtel, StarHub and M1.

Plus, Singtel and StarHub phone line-only plans are not significantly cheaper than their plans that come with a subsidised smartphone.

For instance, Singtel charges customers who need just a phone line the same monthly subscription as customers who buy a phone line and a subsidised smartphone. Its phone line-only customers get 50 per cent more outgoing talktime, and a shorter contract period of three months.

Meanwhile, StarHub offers phone line-only customers a 20 per cent discount on their monthly subscription. Customers have to sign a one-year contract.

But with the arrival of low-cost smartphones like the $169 Xiaomi Redmi in February last year and the $249 Asus ZenFone 5 four months later, users need not sign expensive two-year mobile service contracts in exchange for massive subsidies for their smartphones.

Consumers routinely tie themselves to such long-term deals because smartphones cost at least $600 a piece without contracts.

"Customers who prefer to buy their own smartphones have told us they would like to see better value in their postpaid plans," said Mr P. Subramaniam, chief marketing officer at M1.

"As we do not subsidise these customers' smartphones, we pass these savings back to them through larger data, call and message bundles," he added.

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/m1...-at-consumers-who-do-not-need-handset-upgrade

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have enough of the chee bye singtel cronies fattening their own pockets at the expense of my wallet. i am going to switch telco soon.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you are still using it.. So u r a sinkie loser.

i mean seriously paying $80 for 4gb of data, when i one of the first few to use 3G, the data plan is 12GB then they slashed it down to 2GB for standard plan. knn, where got fair to consumers.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingTel these days are only keen in getting new customers.
They have already forgotten their existing long time customer and don't even bother to give any offer for handset discounts.
Many old timers will rather purchase their handset without signing any new contract to keep that 12GB plan.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i mean seriously paying $80 for 4gb of data, when i one of the first few to use 3G, the data plan is 12GB then they slashed it down to 2GB for standard plan. knn, where got fair to consumers.

Wrong. Initially most telco company offer 50 Gb !!!!!!!! AND now slowly cut and cut to 2 gb ! LOL :mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will soon give up my M1 plan. I haven't been on contract for the past 10+ years. I have their most basic plan which cost me $25/month. I have to pay extra if I make any outgoing calls. Also have to pay if I send out any SMS/MMS.

Already have my pre-paid Singtel card. As soon as I've notified everyone of my new telephone number I'll terminate M1. I still haven't forgotten the disruption of M1 services.

I often travel & that is why I prefer to use email, wechat & skype because WiFi is so common & free. If I need to make calls I'll use a local SIM card. It is cheaper to use a local SIM cards from Thailand or Indonesia. Using a Spore telco to do roaming while abroad just does not make any financial sense.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingTel these days are only keen in getting new customers.
They have already forgotten their existing long time customer and don't even bother to give any offer for handset discounts.
Many old timers will rather purchase their handset without signing any new contract to keep that 12GB plan.

I go to Mustaffa to buy my phone(s). They usually have the cheapest prices. I notice that telcos are only giving a subsidy of around $100 to $150 .
I have a number of phones with different pre-pay cards in them.

I'd rather pay for my phone than be tied to a contract. When you are under contract the telcos will try to take advantage of you. For example they wanted to charge extra when I needed one of the smaller SIM cards. Or when I wanted to change to a cheaper plan. Or when I needed a replacement SIM card.

If you are not under contract you can always say thank you but I will take my business elsewhere. Each time I threatened to do that, they waived the extra charges :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have enough of the chee bye singtel cronies fattening their own pockets at the expense of my wallet. i am going to switch telco soon.

Starhub or M1, as long as you stay away from Hsien Yang and Chua Suck Cock's red telco, you are a winner.

Singtel also installs malware/crapware inside phones, some of them can only be removed after rooting your phone.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I go to Mustaffa to buy my phone(s). They usually have the cheapest prices. I notice that telcos are only giving a subsidy of around $100 to $150 .
I have a number of phones with different pre-pay cards in them.

I'd rather pay for my phone than be tied to a contract. When you are under contract the telcos will try to take advantage of you. For example they wanted to charge extra when I needed one of the smaller SIM cards. Or when I wanted to change to a cheaper plan. Or when I needed a replacement SIM card.

If you are not under contract you can always say thank you but I will take my business elsewhere. Each time I threatened to do that, they waived the extra charges :biggrin:

For a few years I have not been re-contracting with the RED umbrella.
Ever since the very last time they merely sent me a $50 handset voucher, call me cheap skate but I've decided not to give them the business.
After that they no longer bother to send me anymore voucher and even their customer service officer no longer call me and pester me with any offer.
I will rather spend more to purchase a new handset without any contract than to tied up with them.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will soon give up my M1 plan. I haven't been on contract for the past 10+ years. I have their most basic plan which cost me $25/month. I have to pay extra if I make any outgoing calls. Also have to pay if I send out any SMS/MMS.

Already have my pre-paid Singtel card. As soon as I've notified everyone of my new telephone number I'll terminate M1. I still haven't forgotten the disruption of M1 services.

I often travel & that is why I prefer to use email, wechat & skype because WiFi is so common & free. If I need to make calls I'll use a local SIM card. It is cheaper to use a local SIM cards from Thailand or Indonesia. Using a Spore telco to do roaming while abroad just does not make any financial sense.

M1 comes with a new add on service. You pay 10SGD more every month, you can use your local bundle data to Autoroam overseas using your data. That is to say you serve internet using your existing local bundle data while you are oversea.

That is a welcoming move.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
M1 comes with a new add on service. You pay 10SGD more every month, you can use your local bundle data to Autoroam overseas using your data. That is to say you serve internet using your existing local bundle data while you are oversea.

That is a welcoming move.

pretty good deal. will sign up with m1 when i return to sg for good. sg is the best for retirement, thanks to the pap.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah Piangzzs leh! I never know all these things

.... all this while the company pays for all this

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
my point is that Singtel rip off their consumers at their expense. see how much the sexy mole auntie is making for herself.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a few years I have not been re-contracting with the RED umbrella.
Ever since the very last time they merely sent me a $50 handset voucher, call me cheap skate but I've decided not to give them the business.
After that they no longer bother to send me anymore voucher and even their customer service officer no longer call me and pester me with any offer.
I will rather spend more to purchase a new handset without any contract than to tied up with them.

I used to have a dial up access to the internet via Singnet for a long, ... long time, so I know what you mean:(

I don't expect much from them. The pre-paid card I've got from Singtel seems to be OK. I think because it is targeted at the foreigners & maids. There are many other pre-paid cards out there for these people i.e. competition, so Singtel is limited in how they can screw this group of users.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah Piangzzs leh! I never know all these things

.... all this while the company pays for all this

To tell the truth, I never looked into such these details until recently. Otherwise I would have switched to a pre-paid card earlier

Just another example of how GLCs have been screwing us all these years :mad:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$30 is not cheap. that price is the standard basic plan for the 3 telcos. they should have basic $15 plans for those very low usage users and who prefer post-paid to pre-paid.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

They blatantly earn sgian money but hire only peenoy & ah neh !!!!!!!! Fucking molely faced cheebye

They

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've had a Singtel pre-paid card about two months & I've found out that Singtel gives bonuses when one does a top up the the value of the card. For example if add $X they will give a the card of $x+ y cents, were y is the bonus given. Currently they have a SG50 promotion when you pay $26.50 you will get $100 of talk time. There are of course limitations to the value such as calls can only be made in Spore.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've had a Singtel pre-paid card about two months & I've found out that Singtel gives bonuses when one does a top up the the value of the card. For example if add $X they will give a the card of $x+ y cents, were y is the bonus given. Currently they have a SG50 promotion when you pay $26.50 you will get $100 of talk time. There are of course limitations to the value such as calls can only be made in Spore.

nowadays, data is the core of your subscription plan, even voice calls, you can use whatsapp which utilise your data. i am switching after bad experience with them, it's here, my experience: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212065-Stuck-UP-Singtel-Customer-retention-service-call