• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE 2015 – Counting the pins fall

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GE2011 was a watershed election in the sense that a formidable GRC helmed by a top minister plus another minister plus another going to be minister fell to the opposition. It was quick a shocking event to know that it could happen and happened to a top minister with PM potential. And he took along two other ministers with him.

After this event, the infallibility of a GRC do not seem so infallible after all. But what is more troublesome were the series of events of policies that occurred after elections. The unease and uncomfortable feeling of the voters cannot be simply ignored. The slew of unpopular policies by the Govt is still right up there in the minds of the voters. The PWPs, the jobless PMEs, the high cost of living, the CPF that cannot be withdrawn but for a small amount, the Medishield Life, CPF Life, and many others, make the issue of high ministerial pay so small, would all come into play in the run up to polling day.

The opposition parties would not have enough time even to talk about the consequences of these policies. There are just too many things to talk about time. And then the departure of LKY which to the PAP looks like a big plus seeing so many people queuing up to bade him final farewell. From another angle, it is like removing the crown of a huge tree and everything looks so naked and fragile below, so vulnerable. How LKY’s departure will tell on the PAP, whichever way, is going to be dramatic.

What the ground is saying, or what the little bird is saying, is that the results would be quite earth shaking. Never have Singaporeans ever think they are going to see this in a GE. Many are counting how many ministers will no longer be ministers after the GE. The pins will fall. It is a matter of how many and which pin will hit the ground first.

Would it be 4, or 8 or more? Never has this pins falling been so sure, only a matter of how many. This is going to be an election where many ministers would hope would not have been called. It would be a case of minister one day and common folks the next. It would be the same for many MPs and MP hopefuls. How many will become commoners again?

This would be a GE that only the khong cums would be shouting, we want a good fight, we are looking for a good fight, we were so disappointed we did not get a good fight.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2015/07/ge-2015-counting-pins-fall.html

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I need to make more trips around MP GRC to get my kakis to vote for opposition liao :o:o:o

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
11796455_10153035685527934_8997133873918102117_n.png

OPPO killing themselves
always fighting among themselves
diverting attention
dividing the cake

these OPPO are destroyers and spoilers

PAP will sweep ALL SEATS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!! HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes please. Can't stand that moron general Tan.

The following is reason enough to get him kicked out of office:

By Tan Chuan-Jin
A prayer, and song, for our Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

May the Lord may the Lord bless and keep You
May His grace and His face shine upon You
May the Lord lift up His countenance upon You
And give you peace and give you peace

This is the way You shall be bless
From day to day He'll be your rest

Amen!

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I am new here.

Can anybody explain why WP want to contest in 5 SMCs?

I mean there are only 13 SMCs in total.

So, all the other OPPO parties have to share the remaining 8 SMCs.

Does not make sense to me. I think WP a bit "chow kuan" leh, always very good quick quick reserve the best bite of the fruit for themselves.

It does not reflect well on LTK as a leader. Agree with me or not hah?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, I am new here.

Does not make sense to me. I think WP a bit "chow kuan" leh, always very good quick quick reserve the best bite of the fruit for themselves.

That's because ah khiang knew very well that most OPPO are not willing to work together to see the bigger picture.
If all OPPO is willing to share resources, they will stand a bigger chance to get more seats.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I am new here.

Minus Hougang, Punggol, only 3 out of 11 mah. Like that call chao kuan? How about those NSP oldies always chiong SMC, get 35% still want to contest? Chao kuan or not?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I am new here.

You must b stupid or what? How about the FAP contesting in all SMCs. Why don't you brand them as basterds horrible basterds. Ask them not to send candidates there.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTK is the leader of WP, not the whole opposition.

There are 29 constituencies and 9 opposition parties. So each one should be entitled to 3. So all opposition parties except RP and SDA is senseless and not reflected well?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, I am new here.

When it comes to 'chow kuan', nobody can beat the PAP. :rolleyes:

I think you're just another newly registered PAP shill trying to stir shit and sow discord. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
WP's strategy is simply to contest in those areas they already hold or were active in previously. :wink:

Ok, I am new here.