• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The GE Gold Cup Thread

What You Guys Think ?

• less than 8 seats

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 8 to 15 seats

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 16 up to 34 seats

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • 35 seats or more

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: my prediction PAP loses 3 GRCs and 4 SMC

The PAP share of the popular vote will be between 53% to 58%.

The Opposition will win 26 to 32 seats for the upcoming GE.

Opposition winning over 26 seats will most likely mean PAP's national vote share will be very near 50%. Your range of 53% to 58% is too optimistic relative to your prediction of oppo seats won.

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously i am NOT surprise if total seats won by the Oppo more than 30 seats :wink:
Since 2011, alot of things has changed. And if you look back the previous record, a GRC can have a swing of more than 10% :eek:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

This will be true if there is no gerrymandering.

The purpose of gerrymandering is to keep the expected vote percentage above 60%. Te 60% mark is critical his is because of statistical sampling error. If you group constituencies so that the expected popular vote is above 60%, you will almost be certain to win.

When your popular vote is between 53% to 59%, you cannot obviously group so that all the groupings are above 60%. You will have to sacrifice some of the groupings. The more groups you sacrifice, the more secure the remaining groups become.

In setting up these sacrifice groups, a useful strategy would be to make it obvious so that multiple parties become interested. If there is a serious multi-party fight, you might be able to steal victory even if your share of the vote is less than 50%.

Opposition winning over 26 seats will most likely mean PAP's national vote share will be very near 50%. Your range of 53% to 58% is too optimistic relative to your prediction of oppo seats won.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This will be true if there is no gerrymandering.

The purpose of gerrymandering is to keep the expected vote percentage above 60%. Te 60% mark is critical his is because of statistical sampling error. If you group constituencies so that the expected popular vote is above 60%, you will almost be certain to win.

When your popular vote is between 53% to 59%, you cannot obviously group so that all the groupings are above 60%. You will have to sacrifice some of the groupings. The more groups you sacrifice, the more secure the remaining groups become.

In setting up these sacrifice groups, a useful strategy would be to make it obvious so that multiple parties become interested. If there is a serious multi-party fight, you might be able to steal victory even if your share of the vote is less than 50%.

This is a highly divisive strategy that will ultimately fail in the long run.

If PAP is indeed doing this, they are sowing not just their own downfall in 15-20 years time, but also creating massive political divisiveness in Singapore.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a highly divisive strategy that will ultimately fail in the long run.

If PAP is indeed doing this, they are sowing not just their own downfall in 15-20 years time, but also creating massive political divisiveness in Singapore.

Who cares? There is money to be made today

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your statistics sounds reasonable. Last round your info on casevac operation made me google earth where to park Super Puma at Oxley Road.:mad:

This will be true if there is no gerrymandering......

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who cares? There is money to be made today

yes...........even the Lee Clan is only into making $$$ out of Sinkies.............when they're almost kicked out, they'll abandon ship with all their ill-gotten money..........S'pore sink beneath the waves also they don't care...........

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Votes percentage mean nothing at FPTP voting system.

It would be great if WP can gain more seats than the 7 it current has. It will be even better if other parties to step up onto the plate too.

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Votes percentage mean nothing at FPTP voting system.

It would be great if WP can gain more seats than the 7 it current has. It will be even better if other parties to step up onto the plate too.

Ultimately IF Oppo can win more seats, i am very happy liao :biggrin:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
The LKY Swing - 2015 Polling Results

Week ending 08 August 2015

Current polling points to a 5.3% swing towards the PAP if elections are held now. However, this swing, henceforth to be called the "LKY Swing", is not uniform, particularly in opposition held wards. Results of particular significance are:

Aljunied GRC

Polling in Aljunied GRC shows a hardening of attitudes, especially by Indian and particularly by Malay voters, against the WP. Current polling indicates a swing of 7.6% against the WP and towards the PAP. As the WP secured 54.72% of the votes in the 2011 election, this translates to a return of Aljunied to the PAP if elections are held now.

Hougang SMC

Polling in Hougang indicates a smaller swing of 4.2% against the WP and towards the PAP. As the WP secured 64.8% in the 2011 election and 62.08% in the 2012 by-election, this translates to the WP comfortably retaining its Hougang stronghold if elections are held now.

Potong Pasir

Polling in Potong Pasir indicates a swing of 5.7% towards the PAP. As the SPP secured 49.64% in the 2011 election, this translates to the PAP comfortably retaining Potong Pasir if elections are held now.

More to come...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The LKY Swing - 2015 Polling Results

Nabei eh lao cheebye. Pulling fake stats from arsehole.....everyone also can pull from thin air

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stupid useless crap thread :biggrin:

too-much-bullshit-its-time-to-go.png

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

who speculate huan? Pele? hokay go ahead n speculate...:biggrin::biggrin:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nabei eh lao cheebye. Pulling fake stats from arsehole.....everyone also can pull from thin air

The poll has a margin of error of +/- 2%.

Due to the significant swing, the results should hold even if it's -2%.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wah!! As expected, PAP to win big big big this year for GE2015!! I can't wait to hire more EP workers. My department is in need of talent to expand! Got business opportunities! I am so happy!