• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ComfortDelGro has taken one of its taxi drivers to task for mocking an Ah Gua

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hanz1.jpg

SINGAPORE - ComfortDelGro has taken one of its taxi drivers to task for his actions towards a man with androgynous looks.

Singaporean actor and stuntman Hanz Medina, who also works as a perfumer, told The Straits Times that he was heading for a martial arts class and had hailed a taxi near Owen Street at around 2.20pm last Friday (July 17).

But instead of allowing Mr Medina to board, the driver stared at him before making a derogatory gesture with his hand (used in some circles to indicate that a person was a transvestite) and drove off.

That was not the end of the matter. The driver then made a U-turn further down the road and drove his taxi slowly past Mr Medina again while performing the same gesture.

"I'm used to people using such gestures on me due to my long hair, small frame and feminine facial features," said Mr Medina, who is in his 20s.

"But what really hit me hard was the fact that he took the trouble to drive back and mock me again. I felt I had to speak up."

He then filed a formal complaint with ComfortDelGro, which responded with an apology and assurances that action had been taken against the offending driver.

"In their line of work, our drivers are expected to convey passengers without any element of stigmatism," wrote a customer service officer in a letter seen by The Straits Times.

"At no time should the driver have ever flashed any derogatory gesture at you. His personal beliefs should not interfere or worse still, affect his ability to carry out his job effectively."

The officer added that the driver had been "rebuked for his disgraceful actions" and the taxi operator had issued him with an official warning for not picking up a passenger despite his taxi being available for hire.

"We will now monitor him closely and any similar transgressions committed by him can result in the termination of his hiring contract with us," the letter said.

Mr Medina said he was very grateful for the company's reply.

"It's a very good example of excellent customer service and how fellow human beings should treat each other," he said.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another fucked up taxi driver who now have to change his line of work to...

a....

SECURITY GUARD! LoLoLoLoL

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a lower ah sales girl selling perfume calling herself perfumer?

selling coffee calling himself barista? he or she is still kopi-kia

bus driver calling himself bus captain. what is the difference?

waitress serving food and collecting dirty plates in the airplane call flight manager

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
"androgynous looks". wats that?

"a derogatory gesture with his hand (used in some circles to indicate that a person was a transvestite)". wat is this gesture?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe race and nationality does play a part.

Androgynous Koreans will have their ass kissed. :wink:

510046.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that a lateral career move? :confused:

Actually for such career move and that is if...you can even called it a career...

There is no lateral, vertical or downward movement cos such 'career' are already at the most damn bottom of the dredging pit and there are 'no movement' that will or can make any difference! LoLoLoLoL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My grassroots friends says this bastard is liability to the party. Shoulda gotten rid of him.

I think he's doing a tremendous job an expert in "poh-mata" simi lanjiao also "poh-mata"

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really la, i know no matter what u r, you still a human being.
But dont sound so noble yet, if really ah qua walk towards you, do you really treat them like normal human or you will take a step back, keep a distance and talk to them?

All these names are all given by you guys isnt it?
Ah qua, bapok, pua cai...lol

So taxi driver behave this way is wrong. So if today the victim is a gay how?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is androgynous look?sounds like some kind of sea creature that has neither female nor male sex organs.

Snails....land & sea. I have one having the looks, you are talking about, in my neighbourhood. ShE?, walk past the playground or what we call "gelek"....the malay kids there, will state the obvious, all the adults , TOO POLITE to say....they will about, " BAPOK, BAPOK!"...for they belong to the same race..."BAPOK" lah!...no need, to show gesture.