• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Peasant of Punggol Whining About Punggol BTO 'Ponding'

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Residents who have just received their keys to their spanking new Build-To-Order (BTO) Housing Development Board (HDB) flats at Punggol Waterway Terraces 1, Block 308A, were in for a huge shock yesterday.

waterway-terraces-cover_0.jpg

Instead of offering residents shelter from a ferocious thunderstorm with massive winds and rain that struck Singapore early this morning, some residents found themselves almost ankle deep in water in their own homes.

The problem? A building fault that let water in through the flats' exteriors, causing some residents who had already moved in to wake up in fright as water started splashing onto their faces as they slept.

To make matters worse, the fire alarm at the block's lift landing sounded off and woke almost every resident in the building, even those who were lucky enough to have been spared from the splashing rain. According to residents, this was not the first time that the lift's fire alarm had sounded off for no reason.

"Alarm not happened once already... twice since move in," a Facebook user wrote on the residents' Facebook group. "First one is alarm twice - 2am and 3am. Last night just lightning and the alarm was set off. What alarm is that?

"As for quality wise, the balcony door lock is not good as it will open itself when you lock other side even though you lock both side. I just close one eye. BSC [Building Service Center] is useless and just bear with it."

Complaints to the Building Service Center under HDB have been slow to resolve, said a resident, who told reporters that she was getting tired of waiting and inaction.

A group of residents have sent in a public letter to their MP Dr Janil Puthucheary to ask for help to resolve the situation as the situation has been dragging on for too long.

Read the resident's letter below.

"Sir, I trust that everything is good and well on your side. It is with a heavy heart I pen this issue on behalf of 3000+ residents because very obviously - Everything is NOT going well for the residents of Waterway Terraces 1.

"Apart from the previous issues including the 4 pipes placed awkwardly etc which we did not get much resolution from, last night's heavy downpour has caused several issues for many of us.

"At approximately 2am rain started pouring in and it seeped into the homes of many of our residents. This was accompanied by the ringing of lift alarm which woke most residents up. The Fire brigade was activated by our residents because we had to ensure if it was no duff situation then help was rendered.

"Yes I agree that when mother nature decides to make her point, there isn't much anybody can do. But it also sets many of us wondering why many of our homes came with so much flaws.

"BSC has not bee the best source of resolutions. I tag you here on social media on consideration for your administrators, because if we were to all write in, you would receive tons of the same email.

"For one I do not believe in 200 emails to make a point across and sincerely seek your understanding on our intentions and voices together with many frustrations.

"I now invite all the affected residents to post their images and videos of the happenings last night and request that your good self, Our Honourable MP, respond with your opinions.

flooded-waterway-terraces-1-punggol3.jpg

flooded-waterway-terraces-1-punggol2.jpg

flooded-waterway-terraces-1-punggol4.jpg

Yours sincerey,
Johhny Chiang
On behalf of my neighbors of bk 308A and residents affected by the issues"

- See more at: http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...lats-waterway-terraces-1#sthash.PE3vhcKq.dpuf

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
builder practically take the "waterway" right into pigeon hole dwelling. PAP might just got to stir lowyat style racial shit and declare martial law, postpone GE....the snowballing of HDB BTO cock up affect the peasant class. hope RC running dogs are caught up in it as well...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know why these residents are complaining about. According to believe, water flow into the house is a good omen, an inflow of wealth. Feng shui for these units is exceptional.

Inflow of shit is an even luckier omen. Shit = money = wealth = huat big time.

shit.jpg

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is whole floor paved with gold, will be very Huat for those who stay in the house. Going organic is also very healthy for the dwellers. This type of hdb is very value for money in the long term.

Inflow of shit is an even luckier omen. Shit = money = wealth = huat big time.

shit.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, $500k expect so much!

I think you should stop all these nonsense complaining about your peasant's housing problems.

For the price you are paying for a shelter, which cannot even buy 1/5 of the land MY HOUSE sits on, you should be thankful 'someone' even bothered to build a roof over your freaking head!

Right? Mr JohnTan? LoLoLoLoL

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to thank the papee led government for roping in developers, and giving them creative space to create value for the owners of such properties with exceptional feng shui.

Such calculated and coordinated feng shui design has Tiong fingerprints all over, only Tiongs can do this with the Pappee support and world class guidance. I am glad I made the correct voting decision last GE.

It is literally a waterfront property as advertised. Peasants got what they paid for.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This ponding is not normal. It is caused by exceptional heavy downpour that is rarely seen in recent years. This kind of freak incidence happens only once in 50 years. Don't worry. Things will get back to normal.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard to understand why folks only complained about the fire alarm and not the thunderstorm when they were awakened by loud thunder claps. The alarm was roused from its sleep by the thunderstorm. if only the alarm can talk.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 2:29 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
forum456 http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Elite Junior

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...-dissatisfaction-to-pap-mp-janil-puthucheary/

On behalf of 3000+ residents living at Punggol Waterway Terraces 1, a Punggol resident wrote to their Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Janil Puthucheary complaining about the severe housing defects that resulted in flooding at their homes following a heavy downpour in the middle of the night at around 2.30am.

OkWjK2d.jpg
Bqs3UHD.jpg

vMbRrKv.jpg

CmNpLl4.jpg

MiqNwy3.jpg

lchUIbH.jpg