• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman slurps curry she bought at Toast Box -- then sees disgusting creature wriggling

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Woman slurps curry she bought at Toast Box -- then sees disgusting creature wriggling inside
Posted on 13 July 2015 | 2,135 views | 7 comments

Stomper Sabao was shocked after discovering a wriggling cockroach in a bowl of curry his girlfriend bought at a Toast Box outlet in Bishan.

He has been waiting for an explanation from Toast Box after the incident took place on Jul 2 but eatery has yet to get back to him.

The Stomper then alerted Stomp to the incident via an email today (Jul 13).

Sabao also mentioned that the matter had already been reported to the National Environment Agency (NEA).

Said the Stomper in his email:

"My girlfriend and I decided to have our dinner at Toast Box in Bishan Junction 8.

"She ordered a curry rice set and I ordered a Mee Siam set.

"After collecting our orders, she ate a few mouthfuls of the curry before noticing a cockroach in her bowl.

"The cockroach was still moving slightly.

"She was shocked and utterly disgusted. I approached a staff at the collection counter and requested to see the manager. Unfortunately she informed that no management was around at that time.

"She asked me what the problem was and I showed her the bowl of curry with the cockroach inside.

"She was surprised and asked '会不会是自己跑进去的 (Could the cockroach have crawled into the bowl by itself)'?.

"I'm not sure what she meant by saying that, then another staff hastily took the bowl into the kitchen and disposed the contents.

"I requested for the staff and the management to get back to me regarding this matter but I was turned down.

"My girlfriend who still in shock and was quite distressed. She asked to leave immediately so we requested for a refund which was granted.

"In our hurry, we could have returned the receipt to the cashier for the refund thus we lost the proof of purchase."

Stomp will be writing to NEA with regards to the incident.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...t-box-then-sees-disgusting-creature-wriggling

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Woman slurps curry she bought at Toast Box -- then sees disgusting creature wrigg

attachment.php

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Woman slurps curry she bought at Toast Box -- then sees disgusting creature wrigg

Fuck STOMP and fuck Toast Box. They deserve it. :cool:

jw5

Loyal

Toastbox have increased their prices so much and yet she still went to eat there. Serves her right. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dumbfucks who wants to fatten chow ahqua face George Quek's wallet deserves to eat cockroaches

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

she should consider herself lucky that she is served the special meal of the day with live catch still moving.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dumbfucks who wants to fatten chow ahqua face George Quek's wallet deserves to eat cockroaches

And he's probably the biggest beneficiary of the liberal FT hiring policy and depressed wages.

Go to any Toast Box outlet and check out who are the cooks, who are on cashier duty, and who are waiting the tables. :rolleyes:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toastbox have increased their prices so much and yet she still went to eat there. Serves her right. :biggrin:

That's the reason for the special ingredient. Haha

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

new flavour Curry Cockroach chin ho chiak

In commemoration of SG50, an authentic taste of Nanyang. Because that's what hungry coolies ate. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;6fjDhyRG7iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fjDhyRG7iU[/video]

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal

He had mee siam, mai Cockroach.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yum!!!oishii desu!!!!derrricious san!!!!curry chicken is my favourite sinkie food of all from one of these new "fancy" shopping center "kopitiams",fun toast,toast box,old chang kee favourites,white town coffee,not only I get to pay sky high prices $6 to $8 for a bowl of curry chicken,they even throw in a free piece of cockroach for extra seasoning and extra crunch!!!cant wait to dig

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In commemoration of SG50, an authentic taste of Nanyang. Because that's what hungry coolies ate. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;6fjDhyRG7iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fjDhyRG7iU[/video]

This song very nice,whats it about?feel like eating some sg50 curry while listening to it.got anymore nanyang coolie songs like it?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is highly likely the flying cockroach happened to kamikaze into the curry pot.

But nothing beats the kamikaze rat that nose-dived into the salted duck vegetable soup at Hotpot Culture.