• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MAS now helping to investigate Najib USD$700 million after helping him to get it. LOL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If this case isn't a clear indictment of S'pore as a money laundering hub, then I don't what is. Some Cayman Bank wires over USD$1 billion to an account in singapore owned by the Malaysian sovereign wealth fund, i am sure MAS was notified. A query should have been made by MAS at this stage. After that $700 million move out of this account to Najib's personal account and MAS don't know? Was MAS told to turn a blind eye? Did Najib give some kopi money to Gay Loong and ask him to tell Ravi to turn a blind eye and process the transactions for him? MAS helping in the investigation is like asking the fox to investigate the missing chicken in the hen house.

SINGAPORE: Singapore's central bank says it is in contact with financial institutions in relation to Malaysia's probe into allegations hundreds of millions of dollars had been transferred to accounts of Prime Minister Najib Razak.

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported last week that investigators looking into debt-laden state-owned fund 1MDB had traced nearly US$700 million of money that came through a private bank account in Singapore into accounts in Malaysia they believed belonged to the Prime Minister.

Mr Najib has denied taking any money from 1MDB or any other entity for personal gain and is considering legal action.

On Tuesday a task force investigating Malaysia's troubled state investment fund 1MDB said it had frozen half a dozen bank accounts following the WSJ's report.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Wednesday (Jul 8) that it will provide assistance to Malaysia and share information where it is legally able to.

"In this connection, MAS has been in close contact with the relevant financial institutions," a MAS spokeswoman wrote in an email.

MAS did not name any banks, but its statement suggested its enquiries have expanded beyond the previous assistance it has provided for Malaysia's probe into 1MDB.

1MDB, a property-to-energy group whose advisory board is chaired by Mr Najib, is facing criticism over its debt of nearly 42 billion ringgit (7.2 billion pounds) and alleged financial mismanagement.

Earlier this year MAS said it was in touch with Malaysian regulators after Malaysia's government said 1MDB had redeemed US$1.1 billion (712.6 million pounds) from the Cayman Islands and parked it in the Singapore unit of Swiss private bank BSI.

MAS said on Wednesday that due to on-going investigations in Malaysia, it is unable to provide more details on its enquiries.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MAS now helping to investigate Najib USD$700 million after helping him to get it.

If MAS is clean and honest as it seems it should be obligated to report to world governing body to stamp out corruption in some countries.

Looks like MAS only plays police to local companies.

Tharman Tharman I am disappointed in you. LKY moral principle had slacken when he turned senile.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MAS now helping to investigate Najib USD$700 million after helping him to get it.

If MAS is clean and honest as it seems it should be obligated to report to world governing body to stamp out corruption in some countries.

Tharman Tharman I am disappointed in you. LKY moral principle had slacken when he turned senile.

LKY got moral principle meh? I think he has siphoned enough money for his children and grandchildren to live luxuriously for the rest of their lives.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

MAS clean and honest? hahahahaha. That's funny. MAS was a money making entity with rooms full of currency traders trying to make as much money or even more then George Soros. IMF finally told them to stop their currency speculating because they were like a George Soros destabilizing the world economy instead of stabilizing it like what a central bank should be doing.

By the way, MAS is run by Ravi Menon now. The RI PAP porlumpar and OCS Sword winner.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Peasant deposit $30K they are being questioned of money laundering???

USD700 million into Ah Jib account MAS No Question asked and kept quiet!

you mean MAS are sleeping??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Singapore should be thankful that the PAP ministers don't involve themselves in these sorts of shenanigans.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

If we were really a democracy we would have MPs and/or the Press questioning what the fuck has MAS been doing.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Peasant deposit $30K they are being questioned of money laundering???

USD700 million into Ah Jib account MAS No Question asked and kept quiet!

you mean MAS are sleeping??

I remit $900 in three transactions of $300 each in Chinese Renimbi equilavent to my relatives in china for the CNY.
The monies are meant to be used for ancestral worship and balance to buy CNY goodies for the kids.

Imagine..!! on the remittance form I was asked sources of my $900 funds..

I wrote there MBS ( marina bay sand) and the china mei mei handling the transaction thought that it was a bank.

See how efficient our MAS is..in monitoring movement of money out from your account...

On Najib USD $700 million...no questions asked..VIP .lol...

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore should be thankful that the PAP ministers don't involve themselves in these sorts of shenanigans.

closing one eye is as bad as being involved.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The mirror has two faces....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I remit $900 in three transactions of $300 each in Chinese Renimbi equilavent to my relatives in china for the CNY.
The monies are meant to be used for ancestral worship and balance to buy CNY goodies for the kids.

Imagine..!! on the remittance form I was asked sources of my $900 funds..

I wrote there MBS ( marina bay sand) and the china mei mei handling the transaction thought that it was a bank.

See how efficient our MAS is..in monitoring movement of money out from your account...

On Najib USD $700 million...no questions asked..VIP .lol...

After najib pay Gay Loong standard 2% fee, no questions asked lah. That is why they have been meeting like crazy the last few months.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shows either incompetence or lack of moral courage .......

Cannot trust these types of leaders.....

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP do Safe n LEEgitimized Corruption.

famiLEE_

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans must investigate how much commission did famiLEE charged for money laundering services.

我戳你个妈

Alfrescian
Loyal

贼也抓贼么?哼哼!

无聊啊。

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unfortunately, we can't be thankful. In sinkapore, everything is top secret ...they do it with zero possibility of exposure.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The sinkapore role was never in doubt. Otherwise, how to explain the Najib's cave-in t sinkapore's demand on the major irritants between the two counties.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Which part of this whole sordid business doesn't stink.

You have a Cayman bank wire over USD$1 billion to a foreign bank's branch in Singapore.
At this point, someone at MAS should have picked up the phone and call this bank and ask where the money came from.
The bank would have replied that its from the Cayman Offshore bank account of the Malaysian sovereign wealth company 1MDB.
At this point, even as an informal courtesy, Ravi should have picked up the phone and call his counterpart at the Malaysian central bank, governor Zeti Aziz and casually ask her why a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund would transfer USD$1 billion to a singapore account and not directly into a malaysian govt account in Malaysia. And why was there a need to park malaysian sovereign wealth fund in such a large amount in an offshore tax haven Cayman bank. Obviously Ravi did not do this.

If he had, I am sure Zeti Aziz would have fallen off her chair. USD$1 billion!! Where? How? Why? Aziz would have requested a freeze on this account right away until she can get to the bottom of it. MAS would have to be obligated to do so, and that would be the end of the whole affair, and MAS would look like a responsible org.

Instead, not only did this not happen, it allowed the singapore bank to transfer $700 million in two tranches to a personal account. Did MAS still not know at this point the money was malaysian govt money? If so why not? And if it did, why did it allow the money to be transferred to a personal account and not a Malaysian govt account.

So much shit going on here, and its impossible for MAS and Ravi to come out smelling clean on this.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which part of this whole sordid business doesn't stink.

You have a Cayman bank wire over USD$1 billion to a foreign bank's branch in Singapore.
At this point, someone at MAS should have picked up the phone and call this bank and ask where the money came from.
The bank would have replied that its from the Cayman Offshore bank account of the Malaysian sovereign wealth company 1MDB.
At this point, even as an informal courtesy, Ravi should have picked up the phone and call his counterpart at the Malaysian central bank, governor Zeti Aziz and casually ask her why a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund would transfer USD$1 billion to a singapore account and not directly into a malaysian govt account in Malaysia. And why was there a need to park malaysian sovereign wealth fund in such a large amount in an offshore tax haven Cayman bank. Obviously Ravi did not do this.

If he had, I am sure Zeti Aziz would have fallen off her chair. USD$1 billion!! Where? How? Why? Aziz would have requested a freeze on this account right away until she can get to the bottom of it. MAS would have to be obligated to do so, and that would be the end of the whole affair, and MAS would look like a responsible org.

Instead, not only did this not happen, it allowed the singapore bank to transfer $700 million in two tranches to a personal account. Did MAS still not know at this point the money was malaysian govt money? If so why not? And if it did, why did it allow the money to be transferred to a personal account and not a Malaysian govt account.

So much shit going on here, and its impossible for MAS and Ravi to come out smelling clean on this.

You asking if the abominable snowman "YETI" exists. yes, it does....the chairwoman of BNM...ha ha ha if you were to nail that 'tail' on that 'donkey ravi'...he will tell you, it was a honest mistake....would he come please & tell you...."boss" told, me that like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08cUCRqjS0

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If this case isn't a clear indictment of S'pore as a money laundering hub, then I don't what is. Some Cayman Bank wires over USD$1 billion to an account in singapore owned by the Malaysian sovereign wealth fund, i am sure MAS was notified. A query should have been made by MAS at this stage. After that $700 million move out of this account to Najib's personal account and MAS don't know? Was MAS told to turn a blind eye? Did Najib give some kopi money to Gay Loong and ask him to tell Ravi to turn a blind eye and process the transactions for him? MAS helping in the investigation is like asking the fox to investigate the missing chicken in the hen house.

SINGAPORE: Singapore's central bank says it is in contact with financial institutions in relation to Malaysia's probe into allegations hundreds of millions of dollars had been transferred to accounts of Prime Minister Najib Razak.

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported last week that investigators looking into debt-laden state-owned fund 1MDB had traced nearly US$700 million of money that came through a private bank account in Singapore into accounts in Malaysia they believed belonged to the Prime Minister.

Mr Najib has denied taking any money from 1MDB or any other entity for personal gain and is considering legal action.

On Tuesday a task force investigating Malaysia's troubled state investment fund 1MDB said it had frozen half a dozen bank accounts following the WSJ's report.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Wednesday (Jul 8) that it will provide assistance to Malaysia and share information where it is legally able to.

"In this connection, MAS has been in close contact with the relevant financial institutions," a MAS spokeswoman wrote in an email.

MAS did not name any banks, but its statement suggested its enquiries have expanded beyond the previous assistance it has provided for Malaysia's probe into 1MDB.

1MDB, a property-to-energy group whose advisory board is chaired by Mr Najib, is facing criticism over its debt of nearly 42 billion ringgit (7.2 billion pounds) and alleged financial mismanagement.

Earlier this year MAS said it was in touch with Malaysian regulators after Malaysia's government said 1MDB had redeemed US$1.1 billion (712.6 million pounds) from the Cayman Islands and parked it in the Singapore unit of Swiss private bank BSI.

MAS said on Wednesday that due to on-going investigations in Malaysia, it is unable to provide more details on its enquiries.

WELL, now other sources have confirmed my guess from 2.5 years ago.

Tan Gerald shared a link.
Conversation Starter · 50 mins
for your eyes only.....
As part of a deal to secure a cheap water price deal and the High Speed Rail contract with Malaysia's former Prime Minister Najib Razak, Singapore's dictator Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong instructed the Monetary Authority of Singapore and several state banks to overlook the numerous transactions related to 1MDB.
According to a source working with state bank DBS, the suspicious transactions were duly reported to the management but anti-money laundering responses by the "higher management" were withheld. The source believed that his superiors were instructed not to take actions and let the matter tagged on "pending" status for years.
Totalling more than S$3 billion, Malaysia state funds 1MDB were laundered in Singapore in numerous transactions between 2011 and 2013. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) were acutely aware, from as early as 2011 August. No investigations were however lodged, except that an official "reminder" were issued to several Singapore banks.
Nobody knows who instructed MAS and the state banks to overlook the "dubious transactions", but the highest authority in Singapore is none other than Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong himself.

From the Singapore-Herald