• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Kuek deserved to be fucked!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He knows the root of the problem but dare not reveal it for fear of his rice-bowl.
That's fucking criminal collaboration with the MIW in keeping a mistake secret.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He knows the root of the problem but dare not reveal it for fear of his rice-bowl.

The real culprit is SAF scholarship conveyor belt, churning out these nincompoops for leadership positions in GLCs and politics.

After Desmond Kuek, Ng Yat Chung, Lui Tuck Yew etc there will be a new generation. And another one. And another one.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT insiders have informed ST that the public listed company have convened a board meeting late last night and approved plans to purchase 154 diesel-powered trains to replace the current fleet of aging trains and resolve electrical power lines issue that has plagued SMRT for years.

According to tender documents ST has received, the diesel-powered trains will be six carriages long with five passenger cabins. The last carriage carries more than 900 liters of liquid diesel fuel that could last the train for close to 3 days.

ST got in touch with SMRT Corp's Commuters Moving Group Director Mr Ma Sai di who acknowledged the ambitious S$122.5 million plan.

"We have to do it," Mr Ma said wearily. "Our primary concern is ensuring we keep moving people and enhance their lives."

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/insider-smrt-getting-diesel-powered-trains-year-end
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

He knew it was coming...and the diesel trains will be here year end...so fast?
And Group Director Ma Sai said: "Our primary concern is ensuring we keep moving people and enhance their lives."
I think it's more likely to protect their asses being scorched!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He knew it was coming...and the diesel trains will be here year end...so fast?
And Group Director Ma Sai said: "Our primary concern is ensuring we keep moving people and enhance their lives."
I think it's more likely to protect their asses being scorched!

Mr Ma Sai di... I think that's satire. :wink:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
homer-simpson-doh-938062.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The real culprit is SAF scholarship conveyor belt,

These people are at the top of echelon. They know their stuff and they have the brains and the vision to analyse issues quickly and implement fixes at lightning speed.

If the class dunces are hired to do the job of running the country, then I worry.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
One carriage with 900 litres of diesel fuel?

I am no expert but is diesel fuel combustible?

Duh! If it can't combust, how does it fuel an engine.

You certainly aren't an expert and your most certainly are a TWIT!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One carriage with 900 litres of diesel fuel?

I am no expert but is diesel fuel combustible?

Very. Useful when the train driver decides to commit suicide. It seems safety now takes a back seat. Potential danger for terrorists hijacking the moving bombs not in considerations.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very. Useful when the train driver decides to commit suicide. It seems safety now takes a back seat. Potential danger for terrorists hijacking the moving bombs not in considerations.

We've been had, Rusty. I think the article was satire.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We've been had, Rusty. I think the article was satire.

laughed when i read that. never heard of any mrt operator in the world going back to diesel for passenger-bearing trains. in the tunnels, passengers may massively die of carbon monoxide poisoning for sure other than fuel tank exploding from occasional sparks.

the only diesel-electric locomotives for subways i know are for work trains. during maintenance, the third rail may be shut off for safety reasons, and this is where a self-powered locomotive is needed to pull work trains. there are sections of spare or remote track where the third rail is absent. and the diesel engine is used to charge the battery, and battery is used to power the locomotive, and locomotive the train.

Last edited:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau! Diesel technology is not beri green leh. We are going back in time?

WP should really form a government to fix the issue. If PAP garment cannot fix it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
laughed when i read that. never heard of any mrt operator in the world going back to diesel. in the tunnels, passengers may massively die of carbon monoxide poisoning for sure other than fuel tank exploding from occasional sparks.

Article written by by Wan Dan Liao, Straight Times.

Reminds me of the Korean airlines pilots ....

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

He knows that purchasing cheap stuff to replace defective parts from China won't last

more than 6 months!! playing with Fire!!