• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I only worked with 4 world class players - Sir Alex Ferguson

Kns, thought we had this in the bag at HT (when I gave in to zzz) :wink:

Louis van Gaal: Man Utd could have scored six at Newcastle

Van Gaal admitted on Monday that he had been
"very bored" during some games this season but saw his side produce a more exciting display before Paul Dummett's last-minute equaliser.

"Of course it feels like a defeat. We have given it away," said the Dutchman, whose side had led 2-0.
"We could have scored six but you have to score one more than the opponent."

Manchester United failed to register a shot on target until the 69th minute of their 1-0 FA Cup third round win over League One opponents Sheffield United on Saturday - though they did win that match 1-0 - and have not scored in the first half of any of their past 10 games at Old Trafford.

But at St James' Park they produced an attacking first 45 minutes with Wayne Rooney scoring from the penalty spot and then setting up Jesse Lingard to double the lead. After Newcastle levelled - through Georginio Wijnaldum and an Aleksandar Mitrovic penalty - Rooney's superb second put Van Gaal's side ahead, and Lingard and Marouane Fellaini both wasted good chances before Dummett's strike.

"We threw it away, I have told that to my players," Van Gaal added.
"I do not agree with the analysis of many, many people - we are always attacking and also attacking away."

The Dutchman was also unhappy with the penalty given against his side, with Chris Smalling judged to have fouled Mitrovic.

"The referee gives a penalty for nothing - it is a duel I think and you cannot decide who is worse - but we gave it away.
"If we had scored more it would have been three successive wins at the start of the year going into Liverpool."

'A heart attack for the coaches'
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren - who saw new signings Jonjo Shelvey and Henri Saivet paraded before kick-off - praised a "classic" game that left him drained on the bench. Despite their last-minute leveller Newcastle remain in the bottom three with 18 points from 21 games.

McClaren said: "We wanted to show everyone what we are about. People said that United were boring and that we lack character - but we kept fighting until the end and we have got a goal that feels like a winner.
"People thought it would be a 0-0 and it was a classic at 3-3. It must have been a great game for the neutral - it was a heart attack for the coaches."

'We must kill games off'
Manchester United captain Rooney produced a much-improved performance and took his tally to 14 goals against Newcastle in the Premier League - more than against any other side.

Like Van Gaal, he was critical of allowing Newcastle back into the game but was pleased with a better display.
"If you take a two-goal lead, we should be taking all three points and killing the game off," he said. "We didn't take all our chances and we have been punished for it.

"We always want to try and play entertaining attacking football that is what we work on and try and do, and hopefully we can come up with more solutions."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35299097

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

_87674678_mirror.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rest Jan fixtures. BIG 1 this sun 17 at 10pm, away to scousers. To Klop or be Klopped?:p

attachment.php

Attachments

• pool.png
    pool.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Liverpool match is much better suited to our time zone in Asia. It's really tough staying up for EPL matches which KO at 1.30a.m. and 3.30a.m. (not to mention UEFA Champions League)!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

_86608132_manchester-united.jpg

Guardiola, Messi, Kroos, Niguez & Gomes - Man Utd gossip

Manchester United will attempt to bring Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi to Old Trafford, according to reports.

Spanish newspaper Marca, via the Daily Star, report kit sponsor Adidas are ready to fund the deal.

The Reds are also battling with Chelsea for the signing of Germany midfielder Toni Kroos, according to Spain newspaper Fichajes.
The two are reported to be ready to pay £37.8m for the Real Madrid man, 26.

The Daily Express report Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez, 21, could be moving to Manchester, despite his reluctance to leave Atletico Madrid.

But the Independent claim United Manchester United have turned their attention to Valencia play-maker Andre Gomes, 22, after becoming frustrated by their pursuit of Atletico Madrid's Niguez.

kaufen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Om Ed....mana nih gerakannya biz laga vs Pool,,udah tinggal 2 minggu lagi bursa transfer,,match EPL januari ini terakhir tanggal 23 vs Soton.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United were spurred on by half-time row at Anfield as Morgan Schneiderlin admits heated dressing-room atmosphere

• Manchester United responded after a poor first half against Liverpool
  • Mamadou Sakho revealed he could hear United players rowing at half-time
  • United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin believes tension was only normal
  • Louis van Gaal's side went on to win game through Wayne Rooney's strike

Manchester United's players were 'shouting and screaming' at each other so loudly at Anfield that Liverpool players could hear them from their own dressing room.

The heated exchanges came at half-time, when it is understood senior players, including captain Wayne Rooney, voiced concerns at their first-half performance and how cheaply they were giving the ball away.

Manager Louis van Gaal was happy to 'stand back and let them get on with it' before making his own views known, Sportsmail has learned.

He has recently been allowing the players to have a greater influence over team affairs, a change that has resulted in an upturn in mood. Rooney went on to score a second-half winner which he feels gives them an outside shot at the title.

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho has claimed he heard United rowing furiously during the break and United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin confirmed the atmosphere was heated.

United had been second best at Anfield, relying on goalkeeper David de Gea to keep them in the game. Sakho says a row was audible from the away dressing room.
'United were lucky and they know it,' the Frenchman said. 'We could hear them shouting in the dressing room at half-time.'

Schneiderlin confirmed: 'In the first half we didn't win enough second balls. Sometimes we won the first ball but not the second.
'When we came into the dressing room after the first half there was some screaming and shouting, but of course that is normal because in a derby you cannot lose the battle.'

Rooney admitted he and Van Gaal were forced to read the riot act and spell out a few home truths at the break after Liverpool had dominated.
He said: 'We knew how important it was and there were a few reminders [at half-time] from myself and the manager that this is Liverpool we are playing, we need to tackle more and get to the ball quicker.
'We did that in the second half. Liverpool made it tough for us in the first half but we got the chance and we were happy with the win. The performance wasn't that important; all that mattered was the victory.'

United defender Chris Smalling believes Van Gaal's decision to drop match winner Rooney at Stoke on Boxing Day has worked wonders.
'Since he has missed that game and come back in he has shown he is a top class performer,' the 26-year-old added. 'It can refresh you and spur you on a bit more to prove to everyone just how good you are and people don't forget that.
'Given his career as a striker you go through periods where you don't score but the best ones are the ones that come back and get on another run and Wazza has shown that throughout his career.

'It's good to see he is back among the goals. We want to kick on now and not make one step forward and two back, so fingers crossed we can show it again on Saturday [against Southampton].'

United are seven points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal but Smalling still has his eyes on the title.
'It's just on us to get that consistency. I think you have shown that if you get three or four games in a row you are right back up at the top.
'It's a crazy season where obviously you look back at times where you have dropped points but then if you get a win it looks that little bit much closer, it is a mad season.'

Adnan Januzaj was back in a United shirt on Monday night after his torturous loan at Borussia Dortmund and capped an impressive evening with two goals for the Under 21s.

The Belgian winger was bright throughout the night and must be an outside bet to play against Southampton on Saturday. United beat the Saints Under 21s 4-0, with Will Keane adding two.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3404912/Manchester-United-spurred-half-time-row-Anfield-Morgan-Schneiderlin-admits-heated-dressing-room-atmosphere.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End of LVG in sight?

Manchester United's Louis van Gaal pondering quitting at the end of THIS season
The 64-year-old's loved ones are concerned about the pressure he is under and leaving a year early would clear the way for Jose Mourinho to take over

Louis van Gaal is considering walking out on Manchester United this summer – a year before his contract expires.
Van Gaal will have a season left on his contract after this one ends, but it is understood the mounting pressure of the job could see him leave the post early.

Sources in Holland claim the Dutchman’s family have become increasingly concerned at the heavy toll leading the Old Trafford giants is taking on the 64-year-old.
Van Gaal himself raised the spectre of quitting – rather than being sacked – during United’s miserable eight-game winless run at the end of last year.

He complained about the effect speculation about his position was having on his relatives and friends, and it is understood those close to him fear he may have had enough by the end of this season and decide to retire 12 months sooner than he had planned.

READ MORE: Leaked Anthony Martial 'transfer documents' claim to show true cost of Man United deal - including Ballon d'Or clause
The former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Holland boss has walked away from several posts in the past, and United are aware he may choose to end his tenure a year early.

Van Gaal stepping down would leave the way clear for
Jose Mourinho, sacked by Chelsea last month, to take over — the Special One is said to be willing to bide his time until the summer to land the Old Trafford gig.

Current No 2 Ryan Giggs is unlikely to be handed the big job.

Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has strong links with the club, and it is understood the former Chelsea boss is being kept informed of close friend Van Gaal’s ongoing situation.

Despite the 1-0 win at arch-rivals Liverpool last Sunday, which moved them within seven points of Premier League leaders Arsenal, doubts remain over the Dutchman’s suitability to take United forward.
_87798836_capture.png

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-louis-van-gaal-7206885

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOSSIP MU
Manchester United gained a morale-boosting win over rivals Liverpool at the weekend, but it’s clear that Louis van Gaal is still one or two transfers away from a title-challenging side.

The Red Devils have looked unconvincing in attack for much of the season and that is where LVG has hinted he would look to
strengthen.

So who could come in? Here’s the latest gossip…

Manchester United to make huge Edinson Cavani bid – report
Manchester United are reportedly ready to go up against other top clubs to secure the signing of Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani.

The Uruguayan striker has had a difficult time in Paris and it looks like he could be allowed to leave due to a poor attitude.
Still, United are seemingly tempted by Cavani’s impressive goal record as they eye upgrades on Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial.

505541492.jpg

Kasper Schmeichel’s Leicester City side are shock title contenders (Picture: Getty Images)

Kasper Schmeichel eyed to replace David de Gea –

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs is supposedly calling on the club to sign Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.

The Dane is the son of Red Devils legend Peter and has shone for the Foxes in their surprise title challenge this season.

United risk losing David de Gea to Real Madrid and Giggs thinks Schmeichel could be the player to replace him at Old Trafford.

Lazio won’t rule out Felipe Anderson to Manchester United move – report
Lazio manager Stefano Pioli looks to have hinted that Felipe Anderson’s transfer to Manchester United could be on.

The skillful winger has been repeatedly linked with a move to Old Trafford and his manager admits he is unsure if he’ll stay.

United need pacey attacking players and Anderson certainly fits the bill.

Read more:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/20/manchester-united-transfer-news-edinson-cavani-bid-shock-kasper-schmeichel-interest-felipe-anderson-hint-reports-5632455/#ixzz3xlgTGp8N

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_87840996_ea96afae-1d48-4df4-a6d8-831734d216fa.jpg

Manchester United SHELVE January transfer plans amid doubt over Louis van Gaal's future as manager

Club chiefs are increasingly unsure the Dutchman will stay for next season and they are reluctant to spend big on players his successor may not want

Manchester United have put their major transfers on hold because of the increasing uncertainty over Louis van Gaal's future.
We revealed on Wednesday how manager Van Gaal may quit a year early, at the end of this season, because of the mounting pressure of the job.
United's hierarchy also have growing doubts about the Dutchman's long-term position, and he will not survive at the Old Trafford giants if he does not deliver Champions League football for next season.
Club chiefs' concerns over Van Gaal's future have increased in recent weeks, prompting them to place their big deals on the back-burner.

United were investigating the possibility of signing £35million-rated Felipe Anderson from Italian club Lazio this month.
Lazio were prepared to do business, but the Red Devils have shelved their interest in the Brazilian midfielder until Van Gaal's future is resolved.

They do not want to spend big on players in January, only for Van Gaal to leave in the summer and find his successor does not want the men signed in the winter window.

United have ambitious plans for the close-season, including another move for Real Madrid's Gareth Bale, and will wait until then before splashing out in the transfer market.

The decision to step back from any major deals this month underlines the growing uncertainty over Van Gaal's position.
United were prepared, as recently as last month, to let the 64-year-old see out the final year of his contract.

But their indifferent form and pressure on Van Gaal from his own family to walk away early have led them to be more open-minded.
They are beginning to consider managerial alternatives for next season.

United legend and current Van Gaal No 2 Ryan Giggs, currently clubless former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, Diego Simeone of Atletico Madrid and even Bayern Munich's outgoing Pep Guardiola are all on the radar.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It makes no sense to acquire new players. Let these bunch of clowns fight for their future. I'm afraid Giggs may not be ready for the role just yet once they rid of LVG for good.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let these bunch of clowns fight for their future. I'm afraid Giggs may not be ready for the role just yet once they rid of LVG for good.:biggrin:
Don't disagree. So much hype gbp250mil from summer, should just get their act together :cool:

Giggsy doesn't (yet) have the stature, despite lobbying from some quarters

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United's Strongest 4-3-3 vs Southampton including Herrera in No.10

Having taken a look at some potential XI’s for Manchester United ahead of this weekend’s game against Southampton, here’s what I think is the strongest XI we could put out.

First thing you’ll notice is the 4-3-3 formation. I really don’t know why Louis van Gaal hasn’t used this more often, given it is the formation he has effectively built his career on, but I definitely think it gives the best possibility for free flowing, attacking football with pace.

I don’t want to put Anthony Martial on the right-hand side but I want to get Memphis Depay in this starting XI and feel the Frenchman can handle the right far better than Memphis, hence why he has been placed there. After his performance against Liverpool, Jesse Lingard should be rested.

This 4-3-3, with Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger playing in deeper roles, allows Ander Herrera to have the creative freedom in the No.10 role which made him so effective against Newcastle United, so I’d love to see that happen this weekend.

Up front, Wayne Rooney leads the line. He now deserves his place in the team, rather than being given it simply because of who is, and I hope he can continue his goalscoring run of form against Southampton.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-14.45.25.jpg

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/01/22/strongest-xi-man-united-vs-southampton-136791/?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LVG's tactics is worse than my one week old underwear, stale and unappetitising. I think they are right to shelve any plans...with his tactics, even you have Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, you won't be able to score.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We deserved to lose. Really shitty play, 1 shot on target for all of 90mins?
LVG and team booed off by OT crowd, just desserts.
Stubborn old coot LVG. :mad: Won't be sorry if he gets boot

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Playing 2 defensive midfielders with 4 defenders at the back is clearly a defensive approach to a game.

If you look at comparison with these 2 old line ups

attachment.php

attachment.php

These 2 lineups are excellent players with only Keane as the only defensive midfileder, the 2 wingers Gigg/Beckham, Giggs/Ronaldo are natural wingers.

The current wingers are shitty and LVG still want to have 2 DF midfielders? How to score like that?

Really pisses me off, LVG dun want to take risks, wtf....

If want to have 2 DF midfielders, then just have 3 defenders, wtf you want to have 4 defenders for?

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Attachments

• 707980_Manchester_United.jpg
    707980_Manchester_United.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 22701.png
    22701.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We deserved to lose. Really shitty play, 1 shot on target for all of 90mins?
LVG and team booed off by OT crowd, just desserts.
Stubborn old coot LVG. :mad: Won't be sorry if he gets boot

The UK Independent newspaper claims that Mourinho has written a six page 'love letter' to United to explain how he can change his cocky ways and why he would make them a great manager. You couldn't make this stuff up!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...x-page-love-letter-i-can-change-a6829971.html