• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I only worked with 4 world class players - Sir Alex Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson: The secrets behind his success

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34448977

_85924078_ferguson_getty.jpg

Remember the geese. As mantras for success go, it hardly sets the pulse racing. But to British football's most successful manager - and to those smart enough to listen to him - it is one of the keys to success.
During 26 trophy-laden years at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson would often stop training and tell his players to look to the sky and observe the aforementioned waterfowl as they flew overhead.
He would point out the V formation, that this was a snapshot of a 4,000-mile journey during which each bird would take its turn at the front, part of one perfect machine designed to achieve a single goal.
Finally, he would add: "Now if they can do that, you can give me 38 games to win the league."

Sir Michael Moritz, venture capitalist and co-author of 'Leading' with Ferguson
"He could be the father confessor, the motivational speaker, the priest, the judge, the jury, the Lord High Executioner, the puppet master and the inspirational figure all in the course of one day."

This simple symbol for team work is just part of what makes Ferguson a great leader and why his influence stretches far beyond football, into other sports and the worlds of business, the military and politics.
On Sunday, 11 October, BBC One will screen a new documentary in which former BBC political editor Nick Robinson talks to those who have learned from Ferguson, as well as the man himself, to uncover the secrets of his success, as well as his views on those white Liverpool FA Cup final suits.

Paul McGinley - Victorious European Ryder Cup captain in 2014

_85924072_ryder_getty.jpg

Europe's Ryder Cup team beat the USA 16.5-11.5 in 2014

"It was a phrase we used throughout the week: remember the geese.

"I'd never worked with superstars so dealing with the likes of Rory McIlroy and how he was going to feel in that situation was alien to me. Sir Alex is the one who I thought could help me with that.
"He spoke to the caddies before he spoke to the players, which was great. It was a lot of fun for them and made them feel included, because they were a big part of what we did. I could hear the laughter coming from the caddies' room so I knew it was going well.
"When he came in he knew every player's name and addressed everyone personally.
"When we won, this perfect V of geese flew right over our heads and over the clubhouse."

Tony Blair - Former British Prime Minister

_85924074_fergieblair_getty.jpg

Tony Blair (left) was British Prime Minister from 1997 to 2007

"We would talk about man-management and I would say, 'look, such and such an individual may be brilliant but he is very, very tough and I don't know quite what to do about it'.

"Alex - because this is how he runs his soccer teams - would just say, 'get rid of them'. I'd say, 'that is all very well, but how would you be if you got rid of a player but still found them in the dressing room every day?'
"'Yeah, that would definitely be a problem', he'd say.
"We weren't talking about an actual individual, it was a hypothetical case, but his attitude was that it doesn't matter if he is your best player - if he is difficult, put him out of the room."

His former players - Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo

_85924495_giggs_getty.jpg

Ryan Giggs (left) played under Ferguson for 23 years

Ferdinand:
"There is a dinner lady at United called Carol - she hammers him. 'What you got on? What is that?'

"He would go back at her and talk about her hair or something. That is the way he is. People don't see that side of him but he was really good like that."

Archive: Ferguson embarks on Man Utd journey in 1986
Giggs: "He had this unbelievable ability to remember everyone's name. He knows Kath on reception and the laundry girls and the chefs, the cleaners.
"You have 65-70 players, plus the schoolboys, which is another 30 or 40, and he knew them all because he took an interest in what they were doing and how they were progressing.
On the subject of a squad trip to an SAS base, instigated by Ferguson: "They just pulled me out - me and Paul Ince - and there's cardboard cut-outs and we're the hostages - the cardboard cut-outs are the people that are holding us.
"We were sat there at the table and the next minute the lights go out and we heard 'get down, get down', which we instantly did. A couple of bullet sounds and the lights go on.
"Next to us are four or five soldiers, night goggles on. It was a great experience. One we never forgot."

Ronaldo: "Everyone loves him at the club. He invites everyone to come for lunch, for a cup of tea. It was a family with him.
"When my dad was sick in London, in hospital. It was bad, in a coma. I said, 'boss I don't feel good, I want to see my dad' and we had a key moment in the Champions League.
"He said to me, 'Cristiano, you want to go one day, two days, a week, you go. I will miss you here because you are important but your dad is first place'.
"When he told me that, I thought this guy was unbelievable. He was the father of football for me."

And finally... Ferguson on Liverpool's 1996 FA Cup final suits

_85924502_redknapp_getty.jpg

United beat Liverpool 1-0 in the 1996 FA Cup final

"Why did they do that?

"I said to [assistant] Brian Kidd, '1-0', because of that.
"What do you call it: arrogance? Over-confidence? It was absolutely ridiculous.
"White suit, blue shirt, a red and white tie and a blue flower. Who designed that? They say it was Armani... bet his sales went down.
"But you know the most telling part of that? [Liverpool's manager and assistant manager] Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran had black suits on. I think they were embarrassed.
"Liverpool Football Club is a great club. They have won more European Cups than Manchester United. That didn't represent Liverpool."
Sir Alex Ferguson: Secrets of Success is on BBC One on Sunday, 11 October at 22:30 BST.
_67479700_manu_wins_624_2.gif

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oct fixtures. With Everton next weekend and noisy neighbours next :biggrin:

SAT 17 OCT 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
EvertonvMan Utd
15:00

WED 21 OCT 2015 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
CSKAvMan Utd
19:45

SUN 25 OCT 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man UtdvMan City
14:05

WED 28 OCT 2015 - LEAGUE CUP
Man UtdvMiddlesbrough
20:0

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

imagejpeg

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oct fixtures. With Everton next weekend and noisy neighbours next :biggrin:

SAT 17 OCT 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
EvertonvMan Utd
15:00

WED 21 OCT 2015 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
CSKAvMan Utd
19:45

SUN 25 OCT 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man UtdvMan City
14:05

WED 28 OCT 2015 - LEAGUE CUP
Man UtdvMiddlesbrough
20:0

still watching united matches? hmmm...

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not a scouser, chelski or noisy neighbours fan -so don't quite see why not? :p

more exciting to watch crystal palace or Leicester city matches for now, even Swansea is good.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis van Gaal insists that Manchester United complete the transfer of Southampton’s Sadio Mane – report

1400x92415.jpg

Sadio Mane is wanted by Louis van Gaal (Picture: Reuters)Louis van Gaal is desperate to add Southampton attacker Sadio Mane to his Manchester United squad, according to reports.

The Dutch boss was keen on signing the Senegalese forward in the summer but a move did not materialise.
However, LvG has now insisted that United complete a deal for him in January, according to Spanish outlet Fichajes.

Van Gaal wants to add some new attacking options to the United squad to take the pressure of young Anthony Martial.
And he will attempt to bring Mane to the club when the transfer window reopens.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/08/louis...tons-sadio-mane-report-5430286/#ixzz3o1nyUAQR

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Avid Manchester United fan Usain Bolt forced to wear Arsenal shirt after losing a bet
bolt-main.jpg

And doesn’t he just look delighted? (Picture: Instagram)Jamaican sprinting legend Usain Bolt has committed a football crime.

The avid Manchester United supporter ditched his colours and donned a brand spanking new Arsenal jersey after losing a confident bet with Mexican television presenter Patty Lopez de la Cerda.

Bolt, a holding midfielder by trade, once publicly said he was good enough to play for his beloved Manchester United and tried to convince then manager Sir Alex Ferguson to give him a trial at Old Trafford… something that sadly never materialised.

The six-time Olympic gold medal winner was so confident that United would beat Arsenal on Sunday that he was willing to commit to a high stakes wager with the Mexican presenter who is a keen Arsenal supporter.

Michael Carrick and Bastian Schweinsteiger crumbled in midfield, Sanchez ran riot and Arsenal won 3-0. The result? A specially modified Gunners shirt with ‘Bolt 9.58’ on the back – his world record 100m time:

It’s been a torrid week for Bolt. Having been forced to wear the Arsenal shirt, Bolt was beaten in a race by an eight-year-old boy while appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

Bolt also took the occasion to announce his plans to hang up his spikes after the 2017 Olympics in Rio: ‘I start training for the Olympics next Monday [October 12]. It will be my last Olympics,’ he said.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/08/avid-...irt-after-losing-a-bet-5428385/#ixzz3o1oyPEDs

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Louis van Gaal insists that Manchester United complete the transfer of Southampton’s Sadio Mane – report

1400x92415.jpg

Sadio Mane is wanted by Louis van Gaal (Picture: Reuters)Louis van Gaal is desperate to add Southampton attacker Sadio Mane to his Manchester United squad, according to reports.

The Dutch boss was keen on signing the Senegalese forward in the summer but a move did not materialise.
However, LvG has now insisted that United complete a deal for him in January, according to Spanish outlet Fichajes.

Van Gaal wants to add some new attacking options to the United squad to take the pressure of young Anthony Martial.
And he will attempt to bring Mane to the club when the transfer window reopens.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/08/louis...tons-sadio-mane-report-5430286/#ixzz3o1nyUAQR

improve on the defence instead

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prelude to away game at Goodison Park sat. Overturn tables from last season 0-3? :o

Manchester United: Why Goodison warm up will be a revelation

Get yourself to Goodison early on Saturday because all eyes will be on Manchester United’s pre-match warm up.

Last April Reds boss Louis van Gaal observed his squad going through their routine before facing Everton and the Dutchman had a growing sense of unease.

Van Gaal sensed United were not up for the occasion and they were immediately outfought in the early exchanges.
“You shall always be compared with your opponent in aggression and motivation and Everton really wanted to win this game, and I don’t think we equalled it,” Van Gaal said after Roberto Martinez’s side had thrashed the Reds 3-0.

“The fighting spirit of Everton was higher, and when they scored the first goal it became difficult for us.
“I had already the feeling and my colleagues (assistants) Ryan Giggs and Albert Stuivenberg had the feeling because the warm up was not so good as usual.

“In the last minutes before the game you hope you can recover and stimulate your players but then it is too late.
“You have to prepare the match already two or three days before and Everton has done that and they have won because of that.”

While subdued United were still in the blocks Everton sprinted away and were ahead after five minutes through James McCarthy and 2-0 down after 35 minutes when John Stones scored. Kevin Mirallas completed a dismal day with a third after 74 minutes.

The Goodison cold start mirrored United’s sleepy and non-aggressive efforts a week last Sunday at Arsenal when Van Gaal again accused his side of lacking fighting spirit which led to that three goals in 20 minutes humiliating surrender at the Emirates.

When Van Gaal gets his teeth into his players on Thursday to the Carrington training complex after the international break the Everton memory-jogger will no doubt be a priority conversation with his troops after the Arsenal crash.

October was meant to be the big month when the Reds could cement their rise to the top of the Premier League.

But after such a heavy defeat in the first game of the period and the Manchester derby and a trip to Crystal Palace to conclude the league programme this month, a tester against Everton on Merseyside is the last thing Van Gaal needed.

Prior to LVG's opening sampling of the Goodison treatment the visit had done for David Moyes 12 months earlier.
In fact United have not won there since Javier Hernandez scored the only goal of the game in October 2011. Time to change the trend.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-uniteds-reveal-warm-up-10243709

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United will carry on spending big despite £250m splurge under Louis van Gaal, insists chief Ed Woodward

• Manchester United have spent more than £250m on players, including Memphis Depay and Anthony Martial, since the arrival of Louis van Gaal
  • Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward insists club will continue spending
  • Revenues are expected to pass £500m after Champions League return

By MIKE KEEGAN FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 10:33 GMT, 13 October 2015 | UPDATED: 19:34 GMT, 13 October 2015

Ed Woodward says Manchester United will continue to strengthen their squad even after their shopping spree in the summer transfer window.
Since the arrival of manager Louis van Gaal last summer, United have shelled out more than£250million on new talent, including the likes of Memphis Depay, Anthony Martial and Morgan Schneiderlin.

And executive vice-chairman Woodward confirmed that the spending would go on.

Man United have spent more than £250m under Louis van Gaal (left), including £36m on Anthony Martial

2CF1C2B400000578-0-image-a-44_1444732290529.jpg

+4
Memphis Depay (top) was one of several players attached to high price tags to arrive this summer

He told a Fans Forum that the club would 'continue to look to strengthen the squad and to reward young talent' citing the elevation to the first-team squad of Brazilian teenager Andreas Pereira as evidence of the latter.

In the meeting, held at Old Trafford, Woodward also claimed that United were linked with more than 100 players in a summer when six new faces arrived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-insists-chief-Ed-Woodward.html#ixzz3oV0ltFkD

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old fart and the secrets of success.

[video=youtube;J2AGQPH33Es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2AGQPH33Es[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Portraits of Becks (aka Golden Balls?) at 40. Lady hearts flutter? :p

David Beckham at 40: Portraits of ex-Man Utd & England player

_82710725_beckham_party_getty.jpg

_82710726_beckham_united_celebration_bleacher.png
To celebrate the 40th birthday of David Beckham, Bleacher Report commissioned 10 artists from around the world to pay tribute to the former England captain's career. A selection of those portraits follows.
avid Beckham at 40: Portraits of ex-Man Utd & England player

_82716996_beckham_treble_bleacher.png

_82710727_beckham_red_card_bleacher.png
This second portrait, by Sebastian Domenech, depicts David Beckham's sorrow after his dismissal against Argentina in the quarter-finals of the 1998 World Cup

Last edited:

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo ah beck jin chong dong tak kew sama sama leh

[video=youtube;zWsEuczNj48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWsEuczNj48[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anthony Martial: Man Utd forward wins player of the month

_86150010_martial_pa.jpg

Manchester United forward Anthony Martial has been named Premier League player of the month for September.

The 19-year-old has scored three goals in four league outings, including one on his debut against Liverpool.

The France international became the world's most expensive teenage player when he
signed from Monaco in September for £36m, which could rise to £58m.

Mauricio Pochettino is the manager of the month courtesy of guiding Tottenham to three successive victories.
This included a 4-1 win over last season's runners-up Manchester City at White Hart Lane.

Martial scored eight goals in 31 Ligue 1 games last season for Monaco and made his international debut for France in a friendly against Portugal on 4 September.

In a July 2015 study by the Soccerex 20 Football Value Index, Martial was ranked the 17th most valuable under-21 player in Europe at £11.6m

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34547130

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Louis van Gaal: Man Utd title contenders if they beat City

Manchester United can be classed as Premier League title contenders if they beat Manchester City next Sunday, says manager Louis van Gaal.
United returned to winning ways with a comfortable 3-0 victory at Everton on Saturday, while leaders City thrashed Bournemouth 5-1 at the Etihad.

"We are always having the target of champions. That is of course important in our ambition," said Van Gaal.
Morgan Schneiderlin, Ander Herrera and Wayne Rooney scored at Goodison Park.

Derby day looming

_86185126_lvg-rooney-reu.jpg

Van Gaal wanted his side to bounce back after losing 3-0 against Arsenal before the international break and two early goals against Everton set the platform for an easy victory.

It leaves United trailing City by two points heading into the first Manchester derby of the season at Old Trafford next Sunday (kick-off 14:05 GMT).
"I am very happy with the response of my players and I am very proud of the performance," added the Dutchman. "I think it was an excellent performance and maybe it is the start of many, many victories.
"We have to be more consistent so next week when we win against Manchester City then we can say 'OK, now we think maybe about title aspirations'."

Van Gaal praises returning players

Defenders Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo returned to the starting line-up, as did midfielder Herrera who headed in the second goal.
Van Gaal was pleased at how the three players performed before Wednesday's Champions League match with CSKA Moscow.
"They played very well," he said. "Rojo had not played 90 minutes for me this season, it was his first 90 minutes, and also for Jones.
"These changes were also question marks before the game, I didn't know if they could play for 90 minutes.
"That is also why I changed Herrera. It was a fantastic performance and I was very happy with him, but I maybe need him on Wednesday."