• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for news to stream in to announce the appointment of Steve Bruce as United's manager for the 2016/17 season.:eek:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we look at the top teams in the BPL this season Leicester , Ars n Tottenham they have one common trait - they are fucking fast. And this is the trait that LVG came n successfully snuffed out from Man U over 2 seasons. You can say Moyes started neutering it n LVG added the finishing touches.

Mata is a brilliant player, a good playmaker. But he is damm slow thus cannot dribble. But he has a knack of scoring crucial goals like the equaliser against crystal palace. I hate to see him go but he is not the way Man U shld be playing. We want the Man U that boss other teams. Reminiscing the Chelsea team with costa n fabregas n hazard that bossed the BPL the season that Mourinho returned.

Whatever said about Mourinho n the non lasting managerial stint that he never stayed beyond 3 seasons. The game has changed. Fans want trophies and fans want team to be challenging for titles. Sponsorship depends on that. No one care so much about youth or tradition anymore. Times have changed. There is so much money involved in sponsorships n stock prices. Liverpool is rich in tradition but you can only talk about it and it's worthless without silverware.

The fairy tale of Leicester will give teams like Tottenham, west ham belief n next season will b more challenging. I cannot imagine the same boring ineffective style of playing under LVG.

Mourinho plays effective Football - he know how to win. Even 1-0 is a win. LVG preach possession Football that will end up losing 1-0. What's the point of hoarding the ball if you cannot win ?

Bye LVG you will not be missed.

Before I begin, let me say that I'm a QPR supporter :( but I try to be objective in my footballing posts in this forum.

You make some valid and interested points but I have to comment on a few of them.

If Mata leaves, it will not be because he's a bad player or of his abilities on the pitch. There have been many times he's made crucial assist and goals to turn a match this season - it's because of a personal issue between him and Mourinho (which is sad and wrong).

Yes, we watch football in times where it's all about the $$$ and fan want trophies and UCL qualification but they also want to see pride and passion when a player puts on a Man Utd jersey. Youth Academies and players are more likely to possess these qualities and quite frankly, if England are ever to win another major tournament, this is where their future players will be coming from. Although LvG was sometimes wrong with his tactics, he was right to back this scheme which has led to the breakthrough of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford into the senior ranks.

It's also not about how much money you invest into a club and it's players - just look at Man City and Leicester City and poor old Newcastle.
Mike Ashley has made some piss poor decisions and now owns a Championship side, playing in a 52,000 capacity stadium with Premiership players and the reason for this is Newcastle players played for $$$ rather than the pride of the shirt - same goes to Aston Villa.

I've no doubt about Mourinho's impressive credentials, but can he turn Man Utd fortunes around the way their fans expect?
The minimum fans expect is silverware and UCL qualification next season, if he doesn't deliver, he'll be following LvG and Moyes just as quickly out of the backdoor of Carrington and OT.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The transition game is not there. That could be attributed to the manager's tactics and instruction to the players. IMO, it was really down to a missing key element in the middle of the park. A midfielder with a vision and ability to facilitate the transition game. It was only recently that 300 pound per week idiot decided he was best for that role.

Bro, I beg to disagree "No one care so much about youth or tradition anymore".There are millions including myself who want to see young players kick start the careers in the theater of dreams. It could all end with Mou coming in.

Agree 100% Not just at OT but at Southampton, Spurs, Arsenal etc.

BiB: Who is this player? Sounds like a bargain:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straw poll and feedback on JM.

Is Mourinho the right man for the Man Utd job?

Manchester United had barely basked in their FA Cup glory, before Louis van Gaal was reportedly sacked as their manager.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36353135/is-mourinho-the-right-man-for-the-man-utd-job

Despite beating Crystal Palace at Wembley on Saturday, it wasn't enough to keep the Dutchman in a job.
Many United fans, like brothers Charlie and Jack Johnson, agree with club.
"He's got to go," Charlie told Newsbeat minutes after he saw his team lift the cup.
_89763514_footie.jpg

Brothers Charlie and Jack say Louis van Gaal's time is up at United

"Fair enough he's won the FA Cup but he hasn't done enough for United this season. We haven't even got the Champions League. Van Gaal has to g
o.

On Newsbeat's Facebook page, Niggs Devani wrote "Classless club. Talk about appointing another manager on the day their current manager
who may I add still has a year to run left, wins them a cup.

"Two arrogant forces becoming one. Sounds like a match made in heaven."
Whilst Borris Badger wrote "Um, Man U finished 5th and won the FA cup. Most football teams would be extremely happy with that.
Are they that arrogant and up their own backsides to believe they have a god-given right to win premier league titles and qualify for Europe?

"No loyalty or gratitude in football anymore. Thank god there are teams like Leicester!"

_89763850_joseandgaalafp.jpg

Goodbye van Gaal, hello Mourinho?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36353135/is-mourinho-the-right-man-for-the-man-utd-job

_89763572_footie4.jpg
Image captionHarvey doesn't want Mourinho as United's new manager

It's reported that Manchester United are set to appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager.
It's believed a deal was agreed in principle before United's FA Cup final win.
But 16-year-old Harvey Boyle says that's not good for the club.
"I think he's too cocky, the way he is with the media and the press, I don't think he's good enough.
"He'll bring negativity. Players don't like him."
Harvey wants to see a manager like Atlético de Madrid's Diego Simeone take on the role.
"He's quality. He'd make the players do things. He's a man manager."

_89763516_footie2.jpg
I
Man Utd fan Lisa says Louis van Gaal has to go

Manchester United Lisa travelled to Wembley from Belfast. She agrees with Harvey.
"LVG has to go. That's good for United. He has to go."
But unlike Harvey, she reckons Mourinho is the right person for the job.
"Mourinho will bring success. He'll bring more showpieces."

_89763686_footie6.jpg
Image captionMarcus, 26, isn't sure Mourinho is right for the job

We spoke to 26-year-old Marcus on Wembley Way after the match. He was pretty shocked to hear that van Gaal had been sacked.
"Interesting. Come out the stadium and get a new manager. How about that after winning the FA cup? Not usual is it."
He's not sure Mourinho should replace van Gaal as manager.
"I'm not convinced.
"He hasn't given youth a chance in his last job. Is he going to scupper our plans?"

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kenna sack and pocket 5m, this type of job where to find ?
His chasity-belt style of play, best suited for Singapore national team...esp since they are looking for a national coach.
his play will frustrate opponents...for all you know, might get us the coveted World Cup slot.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Theatre of Yawns?
Louis van Gaal: Where it went wrong for Man Utd manager

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35161761

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sampling

Manchester United Supporters' Trust chairman Ian Stirling described the style of football under Van Gaal as "the worst I have seen in my time", describing it as a "game of chess".

He said that supporters want "someone in charge who respects what the club is about" but expressed concern that Mourinho "plays a similar style to Van Gaal".

However, former Chelsea winger and BBC pundit Pat Nevin said Mourinho was "willing to change things and adapt". He added: "Nobody but nobody in world football brings in the trophies like Jose Mourinho."

And former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel said Mourinho "really could save" United, calling the decision "long overdue" after the club "moved a little bit backwards in terms of its philosophy and traditions".

Attachments

• graphics4.jpg
    graphics4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 379
  • graphics 5.jpg
    graphics 5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 396
  • graphics3.jpg
    graphics3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
kenna sack and pocket 5m, this type of job where to find ?
His chasity-belt style of play, best suited for Singapore national team...esp since they are looking for a national coach.
his play will frustrate opponents...for all you know, might get us the coveted World Cup slot.

It's part of the contract for early termination of service. Well, he's retiring so no damage done to his reputation.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theatre of Yawns?
Louis van Gaal: Where it went wrong for Man Utd manager

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35161761

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sampling

Manchester United Supporters' Trust chairman Ian Stirling described the style of football under Van Gaal as "the worst I have seen in my time", describing it as a "game of chess".

He said that supporters want "someone in charge who respects what the club is about" but expressed concern that Mourinho "plays a similar style to Van Gaal".

However, former Chelsea winger and BBC pundit Pat Nevin said Mourinho was "willing to change things and adapt". He added: "Nobody but nobody in world football brings in the trophies like Jose Mourinho."

And former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel said Mourinho "really could save" United, calling the decision "long overdue" after the club "moved a little bit backwards in terms of its philosophy and traditions".

Ian Stirling hit the nail on the head. They have similar styles with the only difference being an appetite for risk taking. Players fitness will be key. I didn't see that with LVG as he has played a number of overweight and unfit players in his two years with United. Lol, if the senior players think LVG is tough, wait till Mou comes in. Good luck to them!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;XJnbVzueMFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJnbVzueMFo[/video]

Get this defender. He could be our 'Rock of Gibraltar' at the back.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
LVG's record of negative style says it all

Louis van Gaal sacked by Man Utd over poor style of play

Many of the sports writers will pen his orbituary and attribute his dismissal over his negative style of play. The fact that he failed to meet his KPI of qualifying for CL will be published ad nauseam in the days to come. It is true that his negative style of play was the primary contributor to his sacking,period.

Scratch deeper and you'll uncover the 'facts'. If the decision by the owner,CEO or the board was taken between December and February, that would render the KPI irrelevant. In so many words, regardless of CL qualification, LVG would have been sacked. IMHO, it was pathetic run in the CL and their inevitable exit in the hands of teams who would have struggled to finished top 5 in the premier league. I suspect that had he qualified for the knockout stages, he would have survived and granted a stay of execution(only for a while longer).

The sledgehammer blow came in the form of United's main sponsor Adidas who aired their displeasure over the current state of affairs. That was a huge red flag as the Glazers need Adidas money as the avenues of raising much needed capital is limited given the sluggish economy and a rising interest rate environment. Mou's sacking in December came at an opportune moment for the Glazers and Ed. A 'celebrity' manager takes over, hopefully rekindle interest and support that was sinking faster than the Titanic under the stewardship of the dutch master. In short, commercial drivers were the main factor. I do not claim to know the details of the agreement between Adidas and Man U. Suffice to say if expectations are not met, it would be to the detriment of the club and they simply cannot afford not to do anything.

My final take on this issue is the Glazers are looking to offload their interest in MUFC. It will either be sold to any interested party,private or consortium OR a main public listing after the LSE/Deutsche merger.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will b good for Man U. He shld go manage Everton or something like that n take over when Mourinho is to leave. Of course he shld start having his own style of attacking play.

Ed told Giggs that he cannot guarantee he'll land the top job post LVG or Mou for that matter. It's as good as saying "take it leave it". So much for loyalty.....

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next 'long term' manager for the hot seat will likely be Pochettino. No need for speculation. Old fart didn't meet up with Poch for some English tea or small talk.He's slated to take over after Mou leaves.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few choice words from arguably the best No 7 Man Utd has ever had. He turns 50 today.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-manchester-united-guardiola?CMP=share_btn_tw

Without a doubt, Cantona was THE BEST of the sevens. Yup, we got the 'wrong' guy to reignite the spirit and soul of what Man Utd is all about. If CL qualification and silverware are the only expectations of United fans, then Mou is the man to deliver, ie. after he spends 300 million pounds on players.

I was left somewhat bemused by LVG's claims that he had laid the foundation for future success. Not sure what he was referring to but if it is the players that he bought,blooded or whatever, then I'd say he hasn't been watching the Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real under Mourinho. He likes the physical type and fitness is the key to make it to his first eleven.

LVG has fielded an overweight/unfit Basti, Smalling, Rojo, Rooney, Shaw(initially) and the most recent one Ashley Young. None of these guys would have made it to Mou's first XI.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the subject of Guardiloa, he left Ancelloti with arguably the strongest and most exciting Bayern team in living memory and IMHO the best team in Europe if not the world. Far better than the treble winning squad of Jupp Heynckes.

When Pep brought Alonso to Bayern, there was alot of hue and cry from fans over the acquisition of the ageing Spanish midfielder. Truth be told, he was opening up another tactical option with a player Bayern did not have. There are only 2 other players who have the vision and distribution ability that Alonso possess-one retired Scholes and the other plying his trade in the Middle East(Xavi).

Bayern has the fastest flankers(Left and right) in Ribery,Roebben, Douglas Costa (cover for the injury prone Roebben). Pep maximized this potential with the inclusion of Alonso acting as the springboard to launch quick attacking moves.

It's a pity he gave Old Trafford a miss. Well, life goes on...... Sigh............ Ed, please prepare the cheque books.:rolleyes: