• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How has consumer electronics and technology changed the army?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I served the army in the 80s. Those day, for Topo, we still used map and compass. Of course back then, we used signal set during field communication or even the IFC hand signals.

Now, with mobile phones, do the soldiers use GPS instead of map and compass? How about signal sets? Still in use? Or they are using mobile phone to communicate nowadays? How about other consumer electronics and technologies?

Can the younger bros here share with us? Especially those who serve their NS and reservist during this "transition" period.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
you should stick with 1980 technologies. i believe in old school. just send in the maids to do the dirty work.

leticianewnation.jpg

it' s cheaperest, betterest and fasterest also.

all according to the 123 kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwnbKlbysM

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;E1attgAN_RU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1attgAN_RU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

the mrbrown show: the iPad army

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
I served the army in the 80s. Those day, for Topo, we still used map and compass. Of course back then, we used signal set during field communication or even the IFC hand signals.

Now, with mobile phones, do the soldiers use GPS instead of map and compass? How about signal sets? Still in use? Or they are using mobile phone to communicate nowadays? How about other consumer electronics and technologies?

Can the younger bros here share with us? Especially those who serve their NS and reservist during this "transition" period.

Are u sure? Tablets existed in this 80s blockbuster which means the movie producers of Back to the Future II predicted correctly. :wink:

clocktower-tablet_3354147b.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can help me calculate the dps of my m16 machine gun on full auto,semi auto and burst fire.can call for medic when my healthbar is low,can calculate distance to the next foxhole,can whatsapp my colleagues to see if anyone got spare magazines,can identify friend or foe when I wave my ipad in the air and it flash red or green.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not new as reservists are the pioneer in using GPS and mobile during their ICT to boost efficiency.