• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Lim Swee Say: I have a formula for GDP growth for the next 10 years

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is a real genius. He should take over from LHL. He'll take Singapore to new heights never seen before.

agreed absolutely - with new heights, the only way to go is up, after he helped sinkies see the light at the end of the tunnel :cool:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should have delivered his "1+2=3 eureka!" speech in his zorro costume. It would have given him more credibility.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a real genius. He should take over from LHL. He'll take Singapore to new heights never seen before.

That's right. With the bad dose of governance espoused by old far that we all come to know. It is high time to hv a good dose of governance n more Co drivers

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let us all sing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMMRrxx-Ug People who voted for this kind of quality minister, must commit harakiri.

It's one of my favourite song. Won't you sing along with me?

Thanks to Lim Swee Say's good leadership, sinkies have great jobs, whine about wanting more pay and job hop. In the meanwhile, many ang mor, especially Greeks, are begging for jobs.

[video=youtube;CTMMRrxx-Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMMRrxx-Ug[/video]

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's one of my favourite song. Won't you sing along with me?

Thanks to Lim Swee Say's good leadership, sinkies have great jobs, whine about wanting more pay and job hop. In the meanwhile, many ang mor, especially Greeks, are begging for jobs.

your are right and smart.
for decades i failed to see the true leadship and genius in Lim Shitt Say
thanks to sui sui say, singaporeans salary and compensation is the highest in the world.
you get an idea of the fantastic amount by looking at the ministers remunerations.
singaporeans workers are indeed blessed with such a good government.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa so chimp. I can only do 1+1=11. No wonder he is paid millions. Now I go to become betterer
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...formula-for-gdp-growth-for-the-next-10-years/

[h=1]Minister Lim Swee Say: I have a formula for GDP growth for the next 10 years[/h]admin / 17 hours ago July 1, 2015

In his speech at an employment fair, newly-minted Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say proclaimed that he has a formula for GDP growth for Singapore in the next 10 years. Minister Lim Swee Say said that Singapore’s GDP growth at 3% is not sustainable because the population of the workforce cannot grow at 3%.

Photo by Martyn See

Rather, the Manpower Minister said that Singapore should only increase the population at 1% and get the 2% growth from increased productivity:
“In the last 10 years, we have been growing our economy based on a simple formula of ‘3+1=4′ – 3 per cent growth in our workforce plus 1 per cent improvement in our productivity to give us 4 per cent growth in our economy.

As I mentioned, 3 per cent is not sustainable because our local workforce not growing at 3 per cent. For the next 10 years, we’re working towards ‘1+2=3′ – 1 per cent growth in our workforce plus 2 per cent improvement in our productivity to give us the 3 per cent growth.”
Minister Lim Swee Say is basically reiterating what Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said last week, asking Singaporeans to increase their productivity because the country has hit a population limit and suffering the fallout from an overpopulation. Singaporeans have become increasingly vocal in expressing their displeasure for overcrowding in recent years and the ruling party PAP Government suffered its worst voting result in the last election.

The PAP Ministers are trying to increase the country’s GDP growth to compensate for the lack of freedom and human rights in Singapore, hoping that the majority of the Singaporeans will be willing to trade economic growth for personal freedom and the lack of a sound political system. Salaries of PAP Ministers have also a GDP component variable that increases along with the GDP growth percentage, and more often than not, the PAP Government have justified the increase in their salaries because of the economy, with the Minister of Defence saying it is a “bargain” Singaporeans are getting for the amount of salaries they are getting.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s salaries currently stand at more than four times the salaries of President Obama.

Related stories:
Lee Hsien Loong: Singaporeans must raise their productivity

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thank you Lim Shit Say for clarifying how they gotten their growth to date. Relying 75% GDP growth on population growth is not a sustainable long term plan. Are they totally bankrupt of ideas? Only 1% from productivity? No other policy to drive it forward? If there isn't why are we paying all the ministers so much?

And why is the report suggesting that LHL salary is only 4 times of Obama? Isn't it 10 times? Obama makes US$200+k only?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa so chimp. I can only do 1+1=11. No wonder he is paid millions. Now I go to become betterer

What you need is to go for skills upgrading courses. NTUC and WDA conducts many courses for you to become betterer via the skills ladder. Who knows, maybe one day you might even learn how to count to ten!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thank you Lim Shit Say for clarifying how they gotten their growth to date. Relying 75% GDP growth on population growth is not a sustainable long term plan. Are they totally bankrupt of ideas? Only 1% from productivity? No other policy to drive it forward? If there isn't why are we paying all the ministers so much?

And why is the report suggesting that LHL salary is only 4 times of Obama? Isn't it 10 times? Obama makes US$200+k only?

This is bullshit that he is spouting. All the PAP needs to do to generate 3% or even 5% GDP is simply to build 5000 more HDB flats. The economic activity generated by the construction and sale of 5,000 over inflated priced flats to suckers will already add more then 5% to the GDP.