• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies Are Not Scandinavians! Sinkies Do Not Prefer Work-Life Balance!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
q1.png

In a dialogue session with 3,500 Singapore Management University (SMU) students and audience on Tuesday (June 30), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that unlike people in Scandinavian nations, Singaporeans choose not to have work-life balance because "we are not like that":

"The Scandinavians have a lot of kids, and they are content to have three-quarters of a career. They work hard but they don't work 12 or 18 hours a day. They finish work at 3pm or 4pm, they fetch their kids from childcare, go home and spend time with them.

It's a balance, it's a different kind of society and we are not like that. These are choices that we have to make for ourselves."

The callous remark made by the Prime Minister came after SMU chairman Ho Kwon Ping suggested that the Scandinavian countries had managed to achieve a higher fertility rate because of pro-family government measures and employer support.

Prime Minister Lee also criticized these nations saying "the Scandinavians have thrown the kitchen sink at the problem" and that if Singaporeans want to have such welfare, GST must be raised to 20%:

"...it was possible only if the country was willing to accept a higher goods and services tax of 20 per cent to fund the policies."

The Prime Minister said that his government will "do more" to help Singaporeans marry, have babies and take care of their families, however, he did not specify how even though he raised his objections against becoming like the Scandinavians.

Do you think PM Lee Hsien Loong is just paying lips service?

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...-have-work-life-balance-we-are-not-like-that/

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yah man...and we doesn't like to retire...we prefer to work till we drop dead...pls mr pm...pls don't return our retirement fund early...if it isn't bery troublesome, pls dun return us at all...thank
you ar...sori for the trouble hor..:biggrin::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I'm sure this old woman made a conscious choice not to choose work-life balance too. :wink:

[video=youtube;dhBCguKdMS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhBCguKdMS4[/video]

Don't presume to speak for all of us... "we are not like that". Who the fuck do you think you are?
Nothing more than a dunce riding on the coattails of your tyrant father. :kma:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah like that also can say?

It is like the British saying in opium with China and say bad of Chinese people

Even as Britain promoted opium in China, she passed several laws forbidding its use in England. Western medical experts supported such dual standards by arguing that for Chinese, opium was “a harmless social family luxury,” on a par with tea. The Deputy-Surgeon-General of Bombay would later claim that Chinese find in opium “a source of enjoyment, of comfort, of necessity, and of even a blessing.” He added, “Opium is especially suited to the Chinese constitution, habits, and to the small pecuniary means of the masses.”

When Indians begged Britain to abandon the opium policy, Britain responded that her opium monopoly was a humanitarian service to India (as it had been to China), and that to end the trade would be “a mockery; to many millions it would be sheer inhumanity.”

Turncoat
In December 1881, Sir Alcock shocked anti-opium advocates with his article “Opium and the Common Sense.” He claimed that opium was no more harmful than alcohol and insisted:
1) “In early years, the Chinese were insincere in prohibition…”
2) “T
he British government never had forced opium on China; the Chinese were always eager to take more than India could supply.”

The Crown countered critics by arguing that the war was over free trade, not opium. And Sir John Davis, who became governor of Hong Kong in 1844, declared that the Chinese weren’t sincere about prohibiting opium, and that Britain had never forced the issue. He protested that ritain “only supplied the poison, which the Chinese were not obliged to take.”

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that unlike people in Scandinavian nations, Singaporeans choose not to have work-life balance because "we are not like that":

Keep these type of comments coming, you're on the right track in getting booted out of Parliament soon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Keep these type of comments coming, you're on the right track in getting booted out of Parliament soon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

On the contrary, there has been a groundswell of support. Many residents I met on my grassroots rounds were indignant about Roy defaming our PM and causing serious harm to his reputation. PM Lee is very well liked in AMK GRC. Opposition politicians risk losing their deposit if they choose to contest in AMK GRC.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, there has been a groundswell of support. Many residents I met on my grassroots rounds were indignant about Roy defaming our PM and causing serious harm to his reputation. PM Lee is very well liked in AMK GRC. Opposition politicians risk losing their deposit if they choose to contest in AMK GRC.

You cant harm someone's reputation when that idiot has nothing positive.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only 'groundswell' Lee Hsien Loong can expect is that of his prostate gland. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course we are not like that,sinkies are a race of coolies and farmers,we are used to working for the british as slaves on railroad tracks and coal mines and smoking their opium for centuries.LKY understood that and respected us for who we are.of course there are some lazy jobless opposition loser IBs who love using these western "liberal" ideals as an excuse and dream of nothing but suckling on the government titties and defaming our PM to

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many hours does pinky himself work a day?
How much does he get paid per hour of work?

Before he opens his stupid mouth to insult all workers, he should use his brain first.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pinky...[FONT=微软雅黑]七杀、破军、贪狼三星入命...[/FONT][FONT=微软雅黑] 天下必将易主 无可逆转! :biggrin::biggrin:[/FONT]

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes , the support from the morons [ oops ! i meant th 60% ] is overwhelming.
morons cannot see the sacrifices that ministers and members of PA and RC endured
to make singapore what it is today.
without their hard work and sacrifices , we won't get to eat free lamb and beef steak
from australia.
PAP is the best.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many hours does pinky himself work a day?
How much does he get paid per hour of work?

Before he opens his stupid mouth to insult all workers, he should use his brain first.

once i came across a post that said our beloved PM is getting $6000 a day.

in theory he works 24 hours a day , including meeting other country PM/VIP ,
playing golf , having lunch/dinner , cutting ribbons , being guest of some charity event ,
writing computer programs , solving math problem , busy meeting his KPI like fixing others
in reality not many know how many hours he actually work.

Do you want him to sign in and sign out to proof how many
hours he work a day ?