• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF To Demo Their Secret Weapons For SG50!! Shock-and-Awe Guaranteed!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
saf-s-armoured-engineer.jpg

SINGAPORE: The best of Singapore's defence capabilities will be on display come Aug 9, as the Mobile Column returns to the National Day Parade (NDP) after five years. Spectators are in for a treat as this year's display will feature machines never seen before in previous parades.

This year's Mobile Column will showcase the strength of the nation with an awe-inspiring display of combat and emergency vehicles. Officers execute their roles with absolute precision - the result of training that began in May.
ADVERTISING

Over 170 assets from both the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and the Home Team will be featured. They will form a two-kilometre long convoy that will move past the Padang.

"This year is Singapore's Golden Jubilee," said Major Cai Dexian, chairman of the NDP's Mobile Column. " And because of that, we believe that every single aspect of the parade and show - we will do our very best to bring a very special experience, a very special show to all Singaporeans.

"The Mobile Column is no different. This year, we wanted to make it special. We want to hark back to the traditions of past Mobile Columns and yet make it brand new in very significant ways."

So while familiar favourites will feature in the Mobile Column, parade-goers will also be introduced to other capabilities - seven of SAF's newest - like the Armoured Engineer Vehicle which can be used to overcome obstacles and allow forces to advance.

The Mobile Column is also set against multimedia videos that tell the stories of those who have contributed to Singapore's security like the pioneers who built the nation's defence and security forces.

Retired colonel Goh Lye Choon participated in the first Mobile Column in 1969. It proved to be an unforgettable experience.

"We received an order from the Ministry of Defence that the Prime Minister wanted us to go on the National Day Parade with 18 tanks," said Mr Goh. "We didn't have a tank driving circuit, we didn't have anything. We had to test the tank for serviceability. So what we did was drive the tank round the camp and round the camp - it was a British camp - they had a six-hole golf course. So we had to test the tanks on the golf course. By the time 18 tanks went through, the course was beyond recognition."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/national-day-parade-to/1946170.html?cid=FBSG

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Mobile Column is also set against multimedia videos that tell the stories of those who have contributed to Singapore's security like the pioneers who built the nation's defence and security forces.

Don't forget the tribute videos to LKY. I caught a glimpse of that during one of the rehearsals. :wink:

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a bunch if expensive and useless Ah-Beng-Tech Karanguni
rubbish by ST Clowns. Throw sunken into the seas to grow corals better lah. :biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Construction worksites got many shock-and-awe vehicles also.
tiong choon will have this for hire very soon as it goes well with the camo slacks that their bangla / tiong workers wear...
and sub out to tong aik when a suicide bomber strikes for mass collection...:*:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fucktard got a fucking freaking lousy hopeless ARTS degree...no wonder have to stick to the army for a living.....taking shelter under his Pappy Masters.

Come out to the REAL world ...not only Cannot get a job but still get fucked by FTs

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucktard got a fucking freaking lousy hopeless ARTS degree...no wonder have to stick to the army for a living.....taking shelter under his Pappy Masters.

Come out to the REAL world ...not only Cannot get a job but still get fucked by FTs

Career not going well ...should have at least LTC, if no Col by now ...still Major.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Career not going well ...should have at least LTC, if no Col by now ...still Major.

Lelac lah. He is only 31 yo. AFter he parade marshall for NDP, will get another crab to full Kolonel. DOnch worry about this one. Next year, if u see his name, he will be Colonel. This one is scholar SAF, oready earmarked for Minister material after he get BG.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

One career not going well,..........lets say I will not name him. Was Captain in 1983. Then in 2010 he was LTC. Imagine 27 years to promote only 2 ranks. hahahhahahaha. He was a real asshole fucktard, was my colleague in Armour at that time. I was always laughing when he kenna hanta kaki for so many years as Major. SAF really hated this idiot, but he did not get the hint to fuck off. He was SAF scholar. At that time, many Armour SAF scholars were send on course to other countries for armour training. SOme for example were send to the Bundeswehr in Germany for Leopard 1 training. That one shiok like shit, because at that time, the Germans allowed a mobile brothel in the field for their soldiers to chiong during exercise. This fucktard kenna send to India in their desert for training. I think he mentioned to me his three years there was non stop lau sai from the curry. hahahhahaha. Now he got retired and some one took pity on him and posted him to MFA.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the m728 cev based on an m60a1 chassis was one of the best combat engineer tanks during its era, and u.s. forces still use it today. ever fired a 165mm demolition gun? :wink:

image.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One career not going well,..........lets say I will not name him. Was Captain in 1983. Then in 2010 he was LTC. Imagine 27 years to promote only 2 ranks. hahahhahahaha. He was a real asshole fucktard, was my colleague in Armour at that time. I was always laughing when he kenna hanta kaki for so many years as Major. SAF really hated this idiot, but he did not get the hint to fuck off. He was SAF scholar. At that time, many Armour SAF scholars were send on course to other countries for armour training. SOme for example were send to the Bundeswehr in Germany for Leopard 1 training. That one shiok like shit, because at that time, the Germans allowed a mobile brothel in the field for their soldiers to chiong during exercise. This fucktard kenna send to India in their desert for training. I think he mentioned to me his three years there was non stop lau sai from the curry. hahahhahaha. Now he got retired and some one took pity on him and posted him to MFA.

I know of one SAFOS, who intentionally refused to do well, so that he ROD, after his bond, as a CPT, so that the opportunity cost is not too high.
I do not know of any other SAFOS, who ROD as a CPT.
With respect, even the not so 'military" Lim Hng Khiang, ROD as LTC.