• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know ?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;LybfPwCzs3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LybfPwCzs3g&sns=em[/video]

Did you know that banana are berries , but strawberries aren't ? A lot of thought goes into classifying fruits and vegetables, and it all has to do with anatomy .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, this can be quite confusing, to me, ketchup is a dip!:p

I worked in a commercial kitchen once, and one of the cooks there said to me that potato is often thought of as a vegetable, because it is kept in the veggie produce section of a supermarket, but it should be classified as a "starch." It doesn't bother me, I just listened. From the video posted, it is correct to classify it as a vegetable, since it is a root. I suppose if one wants to get super specific about classification, it can get very complicated, I just go along with what the public generally accepts, just to make things easier. And drink beer!

Thanks for the post.

Cheers!

If tomato is a fruit then is ketchup a jam :wink: ? It time to think :wink:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time, and Their Faces Say It All
Cocoa farmers got to taste chocolate for the first time in an amazing video.
[video=youtube;zEN4hcZutO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0[/video]

It’s a sad fact that many farmers around the world can’t afford to even taste what they’re growing. That’s especially the case for cocoa farmers, since they don’t get very much money for what has become a valuable product.

Particularly in the Ivory Coast, where most cocoa is grown on small family plantations, reported CNN. And despite cocoa rising in value, their monetary value has fallen over time when taking into account inflation.

“It’s tough,” said Jean, who inherited two hectares of land from his father at age 11. “I am brave, but I need help too.”

Fortunately, VPRO organized a tasting of chocolate for some Ivory Coast farmers who otherwise may have never had the chance to see much less taste the finished product.

Some farmers are suspicious, with one asking: “Are you really 100 percent sure that this is made from cocoa beans?”

The workers are all happy, though, in the end. “We complain because growing cocoa is hard work,” one of the workers says, having taken his first bite. “Now we enjoy the result. What a privilege to taste it.”

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time, and Their Faces Say It All
Cocoa farmers got to taste chocolate for the first time in an amazing video.
[video=youtube;zEN4hcZutO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0[/video]

It’s a sad fact that many farmers around the world can’t afford to even taste what they’re growing. That’s especially the case for cocoa farmers, since they don’t get very much money for what has become a valuable product.

Particularly in the Ivory Coast, where most cocoa is grown on small family plantations, reported CNN. And despite cocoa rising in value, their monetary value has fallen over time when taking into account inflation.

“It’s tough,” said Jean, who inherited two hectares of land from his father at age 11. “I am brave, but I need help too.”

Fortunately, VPRO organized a tasting of chocolate for some Ivory Coast farmers who otherwise may have never had the chance to see much less taste the finished product.

Some farmers are suspicious, with one asking: “Are you really 100 percent sure that this is made from cocoa beans?”

The workers are all happy, though, in the end. “We complain because growing cocoa is hard work,” one of the workers says, having taken his first bite. “Now we enjoy the result. What a privilege to taste it.”

Thanks , I learn something new today !! I didn't know those famers never taste chocolate before !! Very sad indeed . I'm going to share this video with my friends thanks once again .

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime I eat chocolate I got blood in my stool.

Guess this is the reason!!

Child labours are employed to harvest the cocoas.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;6st1PH8gy40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6st1PH8gy40[/video]

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have been keeping this pic for years and waiting for the moment to post it. wtf is this? strawberry or lanjiao or both? now that i've posted it, i can finally delete it. :biggrin:

image.jpg

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Biomedical Engineer Created A Miracle Gel That Stops Bleeding Almost Instantly

Posted By rajtechnews on 27th June 2015

[video=youtube;e-5wqwp64MM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5wqwp64MM[/video]

Excessive bleeding is a major cause of many deaths on battle field! In normal day-to-day life too, excessive bleeding can lead to a number of casualties. If the bleeding could be stopped in time, a large number of lives could be saved.

Joe Landolina, a biomedical engineer from NYU has taken this concept to the next level, in this video shared by TED. Watch him talk about his miracle gel that can stop bleeding from any major wound in under 10 seconds! If successfully implemented, it would certainly save a lot of lives!

Hats off to the genius !
http://www.goploy.com/this-biomedical-engineer-created-a-miracle-gel-that-stops-bleeding-almost-instantly/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork