• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Said The Current Pioneer Generation Had Poor Work Attitudes In 1980

TheMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
These is what the PAP used to say about the boomer generation aka the pioneer generation
work ethics in the 1980s

[
27 September 1980

Of late, there has also been considerable debate over the diminishing work ethics of our workers. Employers have
complained of the poor attitudes among some of our workers like job hopping, reluctance to do overtime or shift work,
individualistic outlook, lack of initiative and lack of 2 a sense of responsibility
. These bad work attitudes were listed in
the EDB and Ministry of Labour reports published in the papers. The VITB's letter on what should be done to improve
work attitudes has also been published
]

Source: http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/skh19800927s.pdf

Now lets fast forward to 2015

[
pmet.jpg

]

Its very clear that the PAP considers everyone to be lazy from 1980 to 2015 except ofcourse themselves

This goes to show that the PAP is now giving out pioneer generation packages saying that the pioneers
had built the nation, but on the other hand in 1980 they said this same generation had bad work ethics?
So how can this be?

Is this then not clear to anyone that the pioneer generation packages are a way to get oldies to vote for them

Even then in 1980s the employers said singaporeans were lazy, so al singaporeans are lazy except the PAP and
their cronies and FTs?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The nerve of them to call us 'expensive' when our wages have been artificially depressed by a lack of a minimum wage. :rolleyes:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course pampered medicore expensive and terrible

look at the horrible dead fart. never even bother to turn up at parliament and the house whip too lazy to whip him back to senses.

never turn up nevermind still asking for million $ pay and expect others to do his MPS work. terrible right?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The nerve of them to call us 'expensive' when our wages have been artificially depressed by a lack of a minimum wage. :rolleyes:

My wages have never been depressed despite working for years. That's because I show good attitude at work, communicate well, have leadership skills and I possess niche professional skills thanks to a good education provided by the PAP government. The other sinkies seriously need to get their act together instead of forever whining for Singapore equivalent of bumiputra rights.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wages have never been depressed despite working for years. That's because I show good attitude at work, communicate well, have leadership skills and I possess niche professional skills thanks to a good education provided by the PAP government. The other sinkies seriously need to get their act together instead of forever whining for Singapore equivalent of bumiputra rights.

can you say something about wages of those low income group . instead of using yourself as an example.
besides , we don't know what u said is truth or not , u need to show us your past 10 years cpf statements
or salary record.
we also know wages of ceo , top management are not depressed.
so no need to tell us you about wage.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sucking up to the PAP is not a job.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
can you say something about wages of those low income group . instead of using yourself as an example.
besides , we don't know what u said is truth or not , u need to show us your past 10 years cpf statements
or salary record.
we also know wages of ceo , top management are not depressed.
so no need to tell us you about wage.

Many of the low income group are doing manual work. Needless to say, as technology improves, the value of their work diminishes and their salaries will remain stagnant. If you don't study hard, you end up a road sweeper or toilet cleaner. That threat that parents use to tell their kids years ago is still true today.

CEOs may be paid millions, but they are personally responsible for company revenue of billions. Even in a loss-making year, they are still responsible for the overall running of the company, which provides employment for hundreds or thousands of employees. Their pay is just a miniscule fraction of the money that company rakes in, in terms of revenue and/or profits.

Ultimately, businesses pay you exactly what they think you are worth. They may be overpaying you, but that's what they are willing to pay. No company would pay you even $1 more than what you are worth. They would begrudge that amount and eventually either give you more work, or find an excuse to replace you. You see that around sometimes, when sinkies complain that they get retrenched and replaced by 'cheaper, better, faster' foreigners. It's free market forces at at work here.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
A pretty fair assessment if you ask me.

I would go with:

PUERILE MATERIALISTIC EGOTESTICLE TOOLS

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of the low income group are doing manual work. Needless to say, as technology improves, the value of their work diminishes and their salaries will remain stagnant. If you don't study hard, you end up a road sweeper or toilet cleaner. That threat that parents use to tell their kids years ago is still true today.

CEOs may be paid millions, but they are personally responsible for company revenue of billions. Even in a loss-making year, they are still responsible for the overall running of the company, which provides employment for hundreds or thousands of employees. Their pay is just a miniscule fraction of the money that company rakes in, in terms of revenue and/or profits.

Ultimately, businesses pay you exactly what they think you are worth. They may be overpaying you, but that's what they are willing to pay. No company would pay you even $1 more than what you are worth. They would begrudge that amount and eventually either give you more work, or find an excuse to replace you. You see that around sometimes, when sinkies complain that they get retrenched and replaced by 'cheaper, better, faster' foreigners. It's free market forces at at work here.

how do you explain sweeper and toilet cleaner in western countries can be paid a fair wage in tandem
with their living standard ?

which is more valuable , $ or human life ?
if it is human life , than why pilot are not pay millions since they are responsible of hundreds of lives in a flight ?

what special business strategy did sing and tell ceo implement ?
in the 60s , 70s , if u are smart u made money for the company, :biggrin::biggrin:
nowadays if the company made $ u are considered smart. :mad::mad: :confused:

Last edited: