• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Locating two old favourite hawker stalls

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Meepok stall at old marina square food court.

2. Teochew minced meat noodles at Paradis Centre basement

Both my faves….anyone knows where they have re-located to?

Thanks

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks

Either close down the business, high rental, long hours, have to share takings with management, age...& our government is killing small business...or upgraded, gone into franchising...:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Translation: I haven't got a fuckin clue. Cheers.

A lot of good food stalls or shops, have vanished into "urban renewal"...for example, the "Noodle House" at the old Capitol Annex, the Indian Kambing Soup, back of Capitol Car Park, the Loh Mee at Amoy Street..etc

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of good food stalls or shops, have vanished into "urban renewal"...for example, the "Noodle House" at the old Capitol Annex, the Indian Kambing Soup, back of Capitol Car Park, the Loh Mee at Amoy Street..etc

the lor mee at amoy street has moved to tiong bahru market and branch off also at kallang airport market and a coffee shop facing great world city.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thanks

You won't have to find if you are a non meat eater!!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happen to the Hay Bee Hiam Loh Mee? Where has it gone to? Had that when I was a kid.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the lor mee at amoy street has moved to tiong bahru market and branch off also at kallang airport market and a coffee shop facing great world city.

That one, with the long queues at old airport road? & the one, at Tiong Bahru market, is the Amoy Street Lor Mee?? the one that used to sell, Hock Chew fishballs plus Hock Chew's other stuffs??

I miss Amoy Street area, where they once had authentic, specific shops that sell food stuffs etc...of certain dialect group, for example; there was one, Teochew confectionery shop, that sells confectionery from that dialect & during moon cake festival...TEOCHEW MOON CAKE.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks

You can find the Paradis minced meat noodles at a coffee shop near to the Yishun Food Center.

Or is it the one that used to be at Parklane that is at Yishun?

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can find the Paradis minced meat noodles at a coffee shop near to the Yishun Food Center.

I hope I can trust you on this…btw the meepok stall at Marina Square was the only stall there to have long queues at all times, while the other stall owners looked on with sullen faces..I used to wonder how they resisted sabo'ing this fella.