• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

About Singapore

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest, I am quite shocked by this chinese interview with our former Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr George Yeo.
http://www.kundian.net/post/【新加坡】除非国会有足够不同声音-选民仍会考虑投反对党.aspx

Foreword in his new book:
“行动党败选并非因为它表现不佳,而是人民希望国会有更多反对党议员。” 选民投票给工人党并非要其管理市镇会。
We lost, not because we were underperforming. The electorate wasn't voting for a manager for their town council; the electorate wanted more opposition.

“选民投票时仍将以国会应有反对意见为考量,直到他们觉得已经有足够声音来代表他们的心声,或者出现更换政府的可能,他们的考量才可能再起变化。
During voting, the electorate takes into consideration of the capability to have a greater representation of their voices. This mindset will continue to be in play, either until they are heard, or upon a political change of government.

民众觉得外籍人士是“被空降的”
新加坡人都是务实的,他们了解到新移民能开拓人脉,也能制造就业机会等等。
不过,新公民却绝对不能说他比本地人更强

Citizens feel that foreigners are being paradropped.
Singaporeans are pragmatic, they do understand the opportunities brought by new-immigrants.
However, new citizens must never say that they are more superior than the locals.

I hope my translation is correct. He thinks like a strategist, with a big-boy mindset. RUN feels that this gentlemen is a visionary.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreword in his new book:
“行动党败选并非因为它表现不佳,而是人民希望国会有更多反对党议员。” 选民投票给工人党并非要其管理市镇会。
We lost, not because we were underperforming. The electorate wasn't voting for a manager for their town council; the electorate wanted more opposition.

The AHPETC chairman also reiterated that it had agreed to an expedited appeal as it “wishes to have finality and to move on from this unnecessary litigation, which is a distraction and also a drain on the town council’s previous resources”.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mnd-misrepresented-ahpetc/1895116.html

Mr Yeo understands the ecology.
If Run may refer to the wisdoms of the forewords of his new book,
Ms Lim is likely to lead a team against Minister Khaw's GRC in the next elections to have finality.

jw5

Loyal
It would be great to see Khaw cry after losing. :p

Mr Yeo understands the ecology.
If Run may refer to the wisdoms of the forewords of his new book,
Ms Lim is likely to lead a team against Minister Khaw's GRC in the next elections to have finality.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

During voting, the electorate takes into consideration of the capability to have a greater representation of their voices. This mindset will continue to be in play, either until they are heard, or upon a political change of government.

I hope my translation is correct. He thinks like a strategist, with a big-boy mindset. RUN feels that this gentlemen is a visionary.

You are another conned by him. He is one of the most, if not THE most hypocritical white scum. The WP correctly targeted him as the weakest link and won a GRC.

LOL and his comments above show what a sore loser he is..die die will not admit he lost because he's lousy.

BTW, how is he a visionary?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are another conned by him. He is one of the most, if not THE most hypocritical white scum. The WP correctly targeted him as the weakest link and won a GRC.

That might be true, but he's not a downright sialan type like some others e.g. Wong Kan Seng, Mah Bow Tan, hence he could be perceived as a lesser evil among the devils in white.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP dogs have the mentality that they are unbeatable. i say we need more opposition to balance up the power PAP is holding. sinkies over the years have voiced out their opinion over matters that affect our well being but it fell on deaf ears. the number of foreign PMETS is a good exmple, i see many local PMETS being squeezed out the rat race this way cos' companies, both local and foreign want to sustain a cheaper payroll.

PAP scums are hypocritical and selfish if you observe carefully. Many sinkies didn't realise that the policies that were carved out only benefit mostly themselves, a 70 to 30 percent ratio, 70 to themselves and 30 to sinkies. from LKY time, it had been like that. there are many such cases, all you have to do is think hard on their policies. besides enriching their own pockets, they are downright narrow minded and personal on their way that they handle the APHETC saga with WP. i have encountered at least one such PAP MP who fit theabove description. They also like to play the goody goody guys and portray themselves as the best candidates for the ruling party to govern sinkieland.

I for sure will not trust them and will not vote for them, and will spit at them whenever i can... argh ptui! The above may be already on your mind, just take it that i am reciting the pledge over again.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Li Ka Shing said something that is constantly playing in RUN's mind

When the flour is more expensive than the bread,
Which will you buy?

Li-Ka-Shing-1.jpg

http://english.caixin.com/2014-03-03/100646010.html

When the land is more expensive than the completed property, which will you buy?
It is like BTO being more expensive than HDB resales (no doubt, the tenor is longer for BTO)
It is like recent condo land sales at $700-800 ppr but resale ECs also selling at $700-800psf

This question is not about asking you to choose flour or bread.
We can't eat flour.
When situations like this happens,
It means that this is a wrong time to buy either.
Whatever you do is wrong.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LOL and his comments above show what a sore loser he is..die die will not admit he lost because he's lousy.

BTW, how is he a visionary?
Agreed. Would he have said the same thing if he had won?

Since he thinks that the people want more oppositions and not managers, Has he ever wonder why his team is the first to be removed by the people? Are they the lousiest of the "managers"?

It would be more pleasing if they can simply accept defeat as a failure to meet the people's expectation. Time to accept that talking cock wouldnt work anymore. So stop preaching. Start focusing on social issues. Economics is very important but it is not everything. When the social equilibrium collapses, no money can buy back stability.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there any mathematical formula or financial engineering that can predict the economy's future? serious question.

Mr Li Ka Shing said something that is constantly playing in RUN's mind

When the flour is more expensive than the bread,
Which will you buy?

Li-Ka-Shing-1.jpg

http://english.caixin.com/2014-03-03/100646010.html

When the land is more expensive than the completed property, which will you buy?
It is like BTO being more expensive than HDB resales (no doubt, the tenor is longer for BTO)
It is like recent condo land sales at $700-800 ppr but resale ECs also selling at $700-800psf

This question is not about asking you to choose flour or bread.
We can't eat flour.
When situations like this happens,
It means that this is a wrong time to buy either.
Whatever you do is wrong.