• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jover Chew and 4 others arrested over cheating cases at Sim Lim Square - See more at:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SimLimJover270515e.jpg

SINGAPORE – Jover Chew, the owner of now-defunct Mobile Air, and four other men were arrested on Wednesday for a series of cheating cases at Sim Lim Square.

The police said they had received several reports against Mobile Air in 2014 for dishonest sales practices in which mobile phone customers were coerced into buying cell phones and in-house warranties at inflated prices.

These victims ended up paying for the mobile phones at much higher prices or had to pay fees to cancel the deal.

Chew, 32, and his shop became infamous after videos were posted last November of a crying Vietnamese tourist begging staff at the shop to refund his money.

Factory worker Pham Van Thoai went to Mobile Air to buy an iPhone 6 for his girlfriend in November 2013. At first, he was told that he had to pay $950, but another charge of $1,500 for a warranty was added.

Mr Thoai was told that if he failed to pay the additional amount, he would not only lose the $950 but also the new phone. He knelt down, pleading with Chew to return his money.

touristmain2.jpg

After the video went viral, online vigilantes posted Chew's personal details online, driving him out of the mall.

A crowdfunding campaign was initiated to raised funds to buy a new phone for Mr Thoai. About $15,500 was raised, with $1,538 used to buy an iPhone 6 for Mr Thoai. But he declined the gift, accepting only about $200 worth of food items from Singapore.

The five men arrested were between 31 and 38 years old.

[email protected]

[email protected]
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ing-cases-sim-lim-square-20150527#xtor=CS1-10

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Jover Chew and 4 others arrested over cheating cases at Sim Lim Square - See more

He sway lah, tourists numbers falling, someone up there attributed his biz conduct as detrimental to tourism, going to make him a "role model" liao...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Jover Chew and 4 others arrested over cheating cases at Sim Lim Square - See more

He sway lah, tourists numbers falling, someone up there attributed his biz conduct as detrimental to tourism, going to make him a "role model" liao...

It's not about justice in this case.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Jover Chew goes to jail who will take care of his wife? :(

1aMRG8K.jpg

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If Jover Chew goes to jail who will take care of his wife? :(

No worries...she got 3 yrs warranty...any thing wrong...1 to 1 exchange...:biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow very impressed with the authorities, thought that they had forgotten about Jover. :eek:

I guess they had bigger cases like Amos Yee to deal with :rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow very impressed with the authorities, thought that they had forgotten about Jover. :eek:
I guess they had bigger cases like Amos Yee to deal with :rolleyes:

jover should know that what goes around, comes around....nowsadays the phones come with "call-back" feature :cool:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His get out of jail pass is to join the PAP or PA or RC or CCC.

John Tan is taking membership now.

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the jail they should throw a blanket and give massage. Then say sorry no proof so cannot take any complaint

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I hope you farking samsters and netizens are happy. Jover Chew was one of the few sinkies who can make foreigners kneel down before a sinkie. Most of the time, it is sinkies kneeling and begging foreigners to stop beating them. Look at all the sinkie cabbies getting whalloped by foreigners.

Now, Jover's marriage may be over too. I hope you all can sleep peacefully at night.

SINGAPORE - Jover Chew, the owner of Mobile Air who has been arrested for a series of cheating cases at Sim Lim Square, had been assisting police with investigations for months, reports said on Thursday.

Chew and four other men linked to the now-defunct Mobile Air were arrested on Wednesday for a series of cheating cases in Sim Lim Square.

He was having breakfast with his mother on Wednesday when he received a call from the police to report to them at 3pm, his mother, identified only as Madam Chew, told Shin Min Daily News.

"I even reminded him not to be late," Madam Chew said. "Later, he called me and said he had to stay at the police station for 48 hours."

ADVERTISING

He also sent his mother an SMS informing her that his hearing will be on Friday morning.

Madam Chew said the police had summoned her son before, so the arrest was unexpected. "He and the others have been asked to assist with investigations many times in the past half year," she said.

She also told Lianhe Wanbao that Chew has been unemployed for five months, but he helped her at her hawker stall occasionally.

"I told him not to come. I'm not worried how others view us, but I don't want to rake up the past," she said.

Chew, 32, shot to infamy overnight in November last year when a video of a Vietnamese tourist begging him to return him his money went viral.

The tourist had paid $950 for an iPhone 6, but was told by Mobile Air staff that he had to pay $1,500 more in warranty fees or lose both the mobile phone and his cash.

Chew was targeted by online vigilantes who made his personal details public.

His mother said that the family advised him to lie low, and not look for a job. Since then, he has spent quite a lot of time fishing, she said.

"I hope this dies down, and I hope the online video is deleted, or it will be very hard for him to find a job," she said.

His wife Winnie Koh, 31, told reporters she could not comment on Chew's affairs as they had separated.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...w-mobile-air-was-unemplo#sthash.EjAo6jho.dpuf

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

according to Johntan, JokerChew is a national hero. if not for him, the world would not have known such a place exist. if not for his undying and relentless effort to help get rid of spiders and cockroaches, we would not have come to this day to know that the black plague of unwanted tourists from annoying land and tiong land has now avoided us.

we are saved... JokerChew! you do us proud.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope you farking samsters and netizens are happy. Jover Chew was one of the few sinkies who can make foreigners kneel down before a sinkie. Most of the time, it is sinkies kneeling and begging foreigners to stop beating them. Look at all the sinkie cabbies getting whalloped by foreigners.

Now, Jover's marriage may be over too. I hope you all can sleep peacefully at night.

Hooray! You bet I can.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

me lah!!! i more handsomer than her pig face husband :biggrin:

1jdpham27e.jpg

This picture and his story, makes for very bad STB advert.. with GSS coming soon, and STB enticing shoppers to come spend money here.. Jover will be put to the sword.. no one dares to play punk for awhile...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

according to Johntan, JokerChew is a national hero. if not for him, the world would not have known such a place exist. if not for his undying and relentless effort to help get rid of spiders and cockroaches, we would not have come to this day to know that the black plague of unwanted tourists from annoying land and tiong land has now avoided us.

we are saved... JokerChew! you do us proud.

John Tan is just playing the reverse psychology card!! He is a fake PAP IB!!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, very yam kung, should we then just give a flying fuck or two..... that's the question.

Luvurbaht

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This gives you the chance you never had so why dont you quickly go get hitched to Jover.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

jover should know that what goes around, comes around....nowsadays the phones come with "call-back" feature :cool:

Jover is is just ahead of the curve. How are Sporeans expected to make a living competing with foreigners who are cheaper & who don't have to serve NS :confused: These foreigners can even get away with using fake degrees.

We will probably see many Jover like cases because that may be the only way that Sporeans can make a living.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sim Lim Square Jover Chew and 4 Ex Staff Charged ST 30 May 15 , TNP.

Sim Lim Square Jover Chew and 4 Ex Staff Charged ST 30 May 15 , TNP 30 May 15.

Attachments

• P_20150530_152524_NT_1.jpg
    P_20150530_152524_NT_1.jpg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 2,752

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sim Lim Square Jover Chew and 4 Ex Staff Charged ST 30 May 15 , TNP.

Sim Lim Square Jover Chew and 4 Ex Staff Charged ST 30 May 15 , TNP 30 May 15.

Attachments

• P_20150530_152617_NT_1.jpg
    P_20150530_152617_NT_1.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 1,517