• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SQ Airbus both engines lost power at 39,000ft mid-air. Almost crash.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SIA doomed! Engine Failure!

Don't think that is entirely correct. The airline owns and run the plane with its pilots and crew. It prob maintain the planes with certified people from Airbus and Rolls Royce. If the airline did everything correct and the equipment fails, then the equipment maker got to answer. Like I drive a Honda and the engine conk out, u can't blame the driver wat!

What happened if the maintenance ground crew is as screwed up as those looking after the SMRT? Did the maintenance engineers (pinoy/Indian) get their degrees from unaccredited degree mills/ Universities?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

What happened if the maintenance ground crew is as screwed up as those looking after the SMRT? Did the maintenance engineers (pinoy/Indian) get their degrees from unaccredited degree mills/ Universities?

Let's wait for the investigation report. Some fella def screwed up but we don't know which party ie Rolls Royce, Airbus or SIA. Dont anyhow blame SIA, we got lots of Opp supporters working there. Ever wonder why the unions there r the most ferocious in the land!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Walau Aye plane engines shutdown is common during lightning strikes in bad weather lah.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
CNN Aviation Analyst Richard Quest criticized SQ for the handling of this incident. On CNN he mentioned two things:

1) to lose both engines at the same time is very rare in aviation. Not unCommon to lose one, but to lose 2 is a very serious matter and an extraordinary event. The prudent procedure according to him was to set the plane down at the nearest airport, and declare emergency.

2) The second point he made was that when the SQ flight arrived in Shanghai, the dumbshit station manager and staff turn the plane around in 4 hours to make the return flight. He said the plane should have been grounded until the investigation was completed.

He said, if this incident were to happen in the US, SQ would be in trouble with the FAA. No way should the plane be released for operations until all the investigations by Airbus, the transportation safety board, etc have been done. Now, the cause of the incident might not be found and in the end, if it repeats again somewhere else in the world resulting in fatalities, the blame has to lie on SQ for putting profit above safety. I mean these dumbfucks have an entire fleet of these planes. Are they not interested to know what caused the engines to fail so that it can be corrected and prevented from happening again on their other Airbuses?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNN Aviation Analyst Richard Quest criticized SQ for the handling of this incident. On CNN he mentioned two things:

1) to lose both engines at the same time is very rare in aviation. Not unCommon to lose one, but to lose 2 is a very serious matter and an extraordinary event. The prudent procedure according to him was to set the plane down at the nearest airport, and declare emergency.

2) The second point he made was that when the SQ flight arrived in Shanghai, the dumbshit station manager and staff turn the plane around in 4 hours to make the return flight. He said the plane should have been grounded until the investigation was completed.

He said, if this incident were to happen in the US, SQ would be in trouble with the FAA. No way should the plane be released for operations until all the investigations by Airbus, the transportation safety board, etc have been done. Now, the cause of the incident might not be found and in the end, if it repeats again somewhere else in the world resulting in fatalities, the blame has to lie on SQ for putting profit above safety. I mean these dumbfucks have an entire fleet of these planes. Are they not interested to know what caused the engines to fail so that it can be corrected and prevented from happening again on their other Airbuses?

An aircraft losing both the engines power is a very serious matter. The plane ought to be grounded until the cause is found. How can SIA allow the plane to fly back to SG? Reckless management putting profit before safety.

All passengers shd avoid flying on SIA's Airbus 330 planes in case the incident recurs

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
An aircraft losing both the engines power is a very serious matter. The plane ought to be grounded until the cause is found. How can SIA allow the plane to fly back to SG? Reckless management putting profit before safety.

All passengers shd avoid flying on SIA's Airbus 330 planes in case the incident recurs

I am sure Airbus and Rolls Royce must be pissed off at them for such an irresponsible thing they did. what if the engines had shut down again on the return flight and this time, the pilots cannot relight it? the deaths of all the passengers would have surely been on SQ for letting an unsafe plane back in the air. Now, Airbus and Rolls Royce will be hard to locate the cause as the plane was put back into service right away, hence possibly eliminating any clues to the shut down. when an airline has a culture of profit instead of a culture of safety, no one is safe on its planes.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Let's wait for the investigation report. Some fella def screwed up but we don't know which party ie Rolls Royce, Airbus or SIA. Dont anyhow blame SIA, we got lots of Opp supporters working there. Ever wonder why the unions there r the most ferocious in the land!

There will be no investigation of such a serious matter because SQ turn around the plane in 4 hours and loaded it with fuel, and passengers and send it on its return flight. Therefore, they were not able to dismantle the engines upon arrival at Shanghai to locate the cause.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Most worrisome to SQ passengers would be this. Why would the pilots on the return leg, fly an Airbus that just lost power to both engines on the way to Shanghai? Surely, the new pilots must refuse to fly in the plane until or unless the issue was disclose and they can take measures to make sure it does not happen again. Unless of course, they were not informed that the plane had lost both engines on the there. That would be criminal negligence if critical safety information (such as the engine shut downs) was withheld from the pilots by the airline.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

There will be no investigation of such a serious matter because SQ turn around the plane in 4 hours and loaded it with fuel, and passengers and send it on its return flight. Therefore, they were not able to dismantle the engines upon arrival at Shanghai to locate the cause.

I am sure the report will dink SIA if they screwed up the investigation by turning around the plane if they r not supposed to. Like tampering with the evidence or something!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am sure the report will dink SIA if they screwed up the investigation by turning around the plane if they r not supposed to. Like tampering with the evidence or something!

Essentially you are right, they are tampering with evidence. Unless, they already figured out the cause of the flame out and determined that it was not a mechanical issue. It could be a simple pilot error. eg. Pilots manually set the engines to draw fuel from one tank, and forgot to switch it over when the tank was close to empty, engine suffers fuel starvation, and flames out. Belatedly, pilots realise this and relight after switching over to the other fuel tank. The area where the plane suffered the flame out is about the max range it will go on one fuel tank anyway. I don't buy the bad weather/heavy rain scenario caused the flame out. If that is the case, many planes will be crashing every day. They test those engines by firing large amounts of water into the engine while its running. That should not have been the cause of the flame out.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

SQ is digging itself into a deeper hole by outright lying now. They claim they thoroughly tested and inspected the engines when the plane landed in Shanghai. That is bullshit. How is that possible when they turned around the plane in 4 hours? They have to dismount the engine, put it on a test bed, run it up and try to simulate the conditions and see if it will fail again. That is not possible in 4 hours. Not when the cleaners and ground staff are working on the plane.

Hong Kong (CNN)—A Singapore Airlines Airbus A330-300 with more than 180 passengers on board temporarily lost power to both of its engines as it passed through a storm, the airline has said.

Flight SQ836 was en route to Shanghai from Singapore on Saturday when it "encountered bad weather at 39,000 feet about three and a half hours after departure," a spokesperson for the airline told CNN Wednesday.

"Both engines experienced a temporary loss of power and the pilots followed operational procedures to restore normal operation of the engines. The flight continued to Shanghai and touched down uneventfully at 10:56pm local time," the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that both engines were thoroughly inspected and tested upon arrival in Shanghai with no anomalies detected.

Descent

According to Flightradar 24, the problem caused the Airbus to descend 13,000 feet before the crew was able to power up the engines -- though Singapore Airlines did not comment on this.

The carrier said it was in the process of reviewing the incident with engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce, as well as Airbus.

Airbus could not be reached for comment at this stage.

The airliner was carrying 182 passengers and 12 crew.

READ: Air France jet has near miss with volcano

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SQ is digging itself into a deeper hole by outright lying now. They claim they thoroughly tested and inspected the engines when the plane landed in Shanghai. That is bullshit. How is that possible when they turned around the plane in 4 hours? They have to dismount the engine, put it on a test bed, run it up and try to simulate the conditions and see if it will fail again. That is not possible in 4 hours. Not when the cleaners and ground staff are working on the plane.

What did you expect? They weren't even honest with PSI readings during the haze. :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What did you expect? They weren't even honest with PSI readings during the haze. :rolleyes:

When you lie about the PSI, its one thing, because its in house and you control the press and there are no other external or foreign stakeholders. SInkies have not choice but to swallow your bullshit. When you play punk with large international companies like Airbus, and Rolls Royce, and the Chinese govt, these people are not beholden to you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Qatar Airways CEO: Hello Airbus, what happened to your plane? How come the SQ A330 can engine flame out like that one?
Airbus: We also dont' know.
QA: Simi lancheow you don't know. You never check the engine mah?
Airbus: Where can? SQ straight flew the plane back on the return leg right away
QA: Like that how to find out what happened?
Airbus: Cannot find out lah. How to find out? We never even touch the plane or engine.
QA: KNN, I have 36 of these potential gliders, like that how?
Airbus: You pray 5 times a day to Allah, right? Better up to 6 times, ok?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I stopped flying SIA because I wasn't too happy to pay a premium for 3rd class treatment. SIA is expensive & I saw & experienced the pinkerton syndrome:rolleyes:

Long suspected that they have been cutting corners. Good luck to those who still believe in the Spore brand.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I stopped flying SIA because I wasn't too happy to pay a premium for 3rd class treatment. SIA is expensive & I saw & experienced the pinkerton syndrome:rolleyes:

Long suspected that they have been cutting corners. Good luck to those who still believe in the Spore brand.

I have already banned SQ... anything that is brand with sinkieland and PAP has controlled over it, i ban... very happy to do that.