• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property Feng Shui

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng Shui Tips at Living Room

Good feng shui living room is serene, inviting and a peaceful retreat where you can slip off your shoes and relax. If you have a living room which is too big or too small or an irregular shape it will not allow the energy to flow. A good feng shui living room should not higher than the dining room and is located in the outer half of the home.

Furniture arrangement

Your First priority is to place the main sofa against a solid wall. Otherwise you will have no support in life. The smaller sofas can have a window behind but not the main one!

Secondly, you must make sure you can see the door. If you have a door behind then it will cause you to miss out opportunities in life and get rude surprises. You can place a mirror cleverly to be able to see the door. However make sure that you cannot see your reflection while standing at the door.

Thirdly, you must avoid sitting under a beam. This will give rise to financial losses, headaches, migraine and other health problems. If you have no choice you can cover the beam with a beautiful false ceiling and have lighting inside. Fourth avoid L shapped sofas as they resemble a poison arrow.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is just simply car passengers get down on the left side and not on the right side. That's why left side shops are better than those on the right side especially on 1 way streets. Nothing to do with Feng Shui. :biggrin:

I don't think so.
Look at North Bridge Rd, South Bridge Rd, Orchard Rd, Robinson Rd, etc, they are all in the busy part of town and are now one way and there are no signs showing better business on any one side.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so.
Look at North Bridge Rd, South Bridge Rd, Orchard Rd, Robinson Rd, etc, they are all in the busy part of town and are now one way and there are no signs showing better business on any one side.

If you look at Orchard Road carefully, the established ones are on the left side. The newer ones on the right and they were built cos the left side has no more land. Of course now people want newer shops. Nothing about fengshui, just something that I was taught when I was a real estate agent in my early days. I was working for a agency that look out for KFC and 7-11, and we were asked to keep in mind on these little things.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the situation in R&F is not exactly "反弓煞" because the road is elevated, it's meant for curving road on ground level.
The right term should be "鐮刀煞" which is meant for elevated road with a convex curve, resembling a 鐮刀 or a curved knife.
Watch this video clip in Cantonese which explains what is and the effects of this "鐮刀煞". [video=youtube;cmCJzy7Bdbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCJzy7Bdbg[/video]

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the situation in R&F is not exactly "反弓煞" because the road is elevated, it's meant for curving road on ground level.
The right term should be "鐮刀煞" which is meant for elevated road with a convex curve, resembling a 鐮刀 or a curved knife.
Watch this video clip in Cantonese which explains what is and the effects of this "鐮刀煞"QUOTE]

Good clip and easily understood.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting Feng Shui Tips by Ken Lauher

How To Feng Shui Your Living Room to Align With Your Personal Goals

Follow these 7 Feng Shui tips to create a living room designed to help you achieve your goals and focus on what is most important to you and your family.

1. Hang photos of friends or mentors in the Helpful People/Travel section to encourage help in your career or personal life.

2. Put travel mementos, photos of trips you’ve taken or suitcases in a closet in the Travel section if you want to travel more.

One woman who longed to go to Europe placed a metal statue of the Eiffel Tower in the Travel & Helpful People section of the Ba Gua. A few weeks later, a business opportunity arose to travel to Paris.

A couple who collects travel brochures and keeps them in a mail sorter near the door got the opportunity to go on an all-expenses paid Alaskan cruise (traveling for business), and won a trip to Las Vegas, including flight and hotel. (Note: If your front door is in this trigram, make sure nothing is blocking the door from opening a full 90 degrees.)

3. Place a water element with at least 2 liters of water that circulates in the Wealth corner to increase your income.

4. Display trophies, medals or other symbols of your accomplishments in the Fame and Reputation corner.

5. Black and white photos of successful people in your career section will bring you good fortune in your work.

6. Infuse a space with life chi, such as plants or flowers. If your living room lighting is not conducive to real plants, consider silk flowers that look and feel real.

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
3. FRONT DOOR - BACK DOOR, and ALL OTHER DOORS

Once you are past the inspection of the outside feng shui of a home, as well as are happy with the energy of the front door, time to step in and check where this good feng shui energy is going. Does the house have a front door - back door alignment? Unless you plan to renovate the house and change the positioning of the back door, it is wise to avoid a house with direct doors alignment. The same feng shui principle, but to a lesser degree, applies to all doors in the house. As a feng shui rule of thumb, no direct door alignment is good, as it creates a strong rush of Chi, thus a loss of good energy.

What is direct door alignment? Any drawing or photos?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is direct door alignment? Any drawing or photos?

Below are some pictures of direct door alignment.
images.jpg
images1.jpg

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng Shui Front Door: Invite Wealth Into Your Home

A good feng shui front door nourishes the house. It is called the mouth of the chi energy.

OPENING OF THE FRONT DOOR

1. A Front door opens inwards not outwards. A front door opening inwards is welcoming, or pulling in the Chi-energy, instead of pushing it away. If the door opens outwards, change the position of the hinges. The front door opening outwards can spoil the feng shui of the entire house.

2. A good front door open into a wide space not cramped space. Does your front door open completely and easily, or is it blocked because you store things behind it? Dustbins, crackled old pots or dying plants donot invite wealth-chi into the home. In fact, it will destroy the feng shui of the entire house. When your front door does not open fully, your energy is stagnant and opportunities may not "open" for you. Remove objects from behind your front door and watch your future prospects open as well.

3. Does your front door open to a small foyer? If so, it most likely has a wall opposite the front door, and this blocks energy flow. When the inside foyer space is too small, hang a bright light above the door. Keep the light turned on for at least three hours each day. Do not place mirror directly opposite to the front door or it will push the wealth energy out of your home.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng Shui Kitchen

a) It is always a good idea to place the kitchen nearer to the back door. Your kitchen should not be near to the front door. Even bigger is the trouble when you have a big kitchen in the center of the house. Keep it small. Try to shift the kitchen so that only a part of it is in the center. Problem solved.

b)Make sure your feng shui kitchen is well-lighted and well-ventilated. The light will uplift your energy and bring liveliness whereas proper ventilation is vital for health.

The stove is the main appliance that generates a flow of abundance because the fire energy enters the kitchen space through the burners, bringing with it the chi that draws in prosperity. The position of the stove is the 2nd most important thing in feng shui after the main door. Ensuring that the oven or the stove is placed correctly will bring you health, wealth and happiness.

a) Is your stove beside the sink or refrigerator- Fire and water fight each other so the placement of the stove and sink should be in such a manner that they are not next to each other .

b) If you have no choice try putting a small plant or pot of herbs or something green in between separation screen such as a sheet of frosted or decorative glass panel can be used to block direct view yet maintain translucency. The stove must be at least one foot away from the sink.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Good clip for sharing. Btw, did you agree with snowbird on R&F situated at elevated road with a convex curve, resembling a 鐮刀 or a curved knife?

With so much illustrations and example provided, the R&F site is on the convex side of the elevated road which resemble a curved blade known as "鐮刀煞" is an extremely BAD FENG SHUI site.
Do you agree?
If you agree, what can be done to help the residents
If you don't agree, why?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn suay leh...tis R & F
Open window see traffic jams every day..stressed like shit
Clothes hang out all black from soot, car engine sound damn loud
Sure die of carbon dioxide poisoning

Carbon-Monoxide.jpg

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I wake up,
I want to hear bird singing tweets, I hear car engines
I wan to smell fresh air, I smell horrible exhaust fumes
I thaught I open window I see trees, I see huge taffic jams
I could say someone good morning, I hear someone say...what a fucking bloody jam
I take morning walking, I meet thousands of motorcycles and people at my door front

What a piece of SHIT...this is R & F. Feng Shui is like the rubbish float in the sea in front.

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
FENG SHUI ON STAIRCASE

To understand the feng shui essence of this challenging reputation, try to feel the energy of a staircase by spending a bit of time close to it. Be completely still and try to sense its energy. You will feel a unsettling quality of energy, a constant up-and-down movement that varies a bit depending on the staircase design and location. This is not to say that staircases are bad feng shui, not at all. It just means that the staircase has a specific quality of feng shui energy that is best to be mindful about when striving to create a good feng shui floor plan.

The 2 Worst Feng Shui Areas for A Staircase in Any Floor Plan:

1. A staircase in the center of your home or office is considered the worst feng shui location for a staircase. The energy of the center - the heart of any space - will be exhausted by the constant "drilling" energy of the center staircase. Sooner or later, this disturbing, up-and-down energy will reflect itself in the energy of people living or working in this space.

2. Another big feng shui "No" is a staircase aligned with the front door. When you align the energy of stairs (rushing up and down) with the incoming energy (Chi) from your front door, you create a quality of energy that is rushed, unsettled and unstable. This tends to determine the quality of energy in the whole house (if no feng shui cures are implemented to balance it out). Whenever possible, avoid a house with a staircase facing the front door.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
FENG SHUI ON STAIRCASE

To understand the feng shui essence of this challenging reputation, try to feel the energy of a staircase by spending a bit of time close to it. Be completely still and try to sense its energy. You will feel a unsettling quality of energy, a constant up-and-down movement that varies a bit depending on the staircase design and location. This is not to say that staircases are bad feng shui, not at all. It just means that the staircase has a specific quality of feng shui energy that is best to be mindful about when striving to create a good feng shui floor plan.

The 2 Worst Feng Shui Areas for A Staircase in Any Floor Plan:

1. A staircase in the center of your home or office is considered the worst feng shui location for a staircase. The energy of the center - the heart of any space - will be exhausted by the constant "drilling" energy of the center staircase. Sooner or later, this disturbing, up-and-down energy will reflect itself in the energy of people living or working in this space.

2. Another big feng shui "No" is a staircase aligned with the front door. When you align the energy of stairs (rushing up and down) with the incoming energy (Chi) from your front door, you create a quality of energy that is rushed, unsettled and unstable. This tends to determine the quality of energy in the whole house (if no feng shui cures are implemented to balance it out). Whenever possible, avoid a house with a staircase facing the front door.

Very informative. Can you share with us any floor plan that have these problems on staircase?